Desktop Replacement laptop reqd.Suggestions please

virus000

Broken In
Hello folks
I plan to buy a laptop with good features like 17" or Bigger screen if HD then better as well,500 GB HDD or more,3gb or more Ram,Webcam,1gb or more Graphics card,decent speakers,DVD rw,Good graphics,Webcam,USB ports 3 or more & other good and available features.I mainly use the laptop for Gaming,Testing new software's like game bulider,Netbeans,Photoshop,Movie maker & so on..,Web design,Browsing,Downloading(torrents).Budget under 50K or below.If there's such a laptop but costs something like 60K or more still inform me.SO i may think twice about my budget.I heard HP DV series or Dell or Asus offering such..Anyway i mostly want a laptop that can sustain long hrs of usage and be able to download GB's of data for me with a broadband,Weight no issue,Any OS,6cell/9cell for long hrs of use,.So please suggest me any laptop with such or close to configuration so im gonna buy it.Thanks for all the help,regards.

gagankapula

Broken In
Yo, goto dell.co.in and configure your laptop as per your needs.

They have a very interactive site that allows you to change the parts in your lappy while showing you the price of the selected configuration simultaneously :)

doomgiver

Warframe
1. do you want it to portable?

2. you can build a killer desktop with 50k bucks. are you sure you want a laptop?

i made the same mistake. i wanted a powerful system, so i spent 55k bucks on a hp laptop.
it had(has) a gpu, c2d processor, 3 gb ddr2 ram (its 3 yrs old) and it looked very good at that time.

then i realised that the gpu was 8400 gso mobile, the c2d ran at only 1.8 ghz and the 3 gb ram frequency was only 300 mhz. i felt like smacking my head against the wall.

i just spent so much money on "portability" for half the price, i could have got a better performing desktop.

here is a bit of advice :
if you can manage, buy both a NETBOOK and a DESKTOP.
you can use the netbook for portablity, and use the desktop for gaming and other heavy usage.

seriously, i dont want others to waste money like i did.

good luck mate.

protip : DONT BUY HP DV series LAPTOPS.
they have a faulty design, where the display cable sits on top of the heatsink. the heatsink gets very hot (due to bad airflow, another bad design) and the cable can get damaged, resulting in loss of backlight of lcd display.

2. you can build a killer desktop with 50k bucks. are you sure you want a laptop?

i made the same mistake. i wanted a powerful system, so i spent 55k bucks on a hp laptop.
it had(has) a gpu, c2d processor, 3 gb ddr2 ram (its 3 yrs old) and it looked very good at that time.

then i realised that the gpu was 8400 gso mobile, the c2d ran at only 1.8 ghz and the 3 gb ram frequency was only 300 mhz. i felt like smacking my head against the wall.

i just spent so much money on "portability" for half the price, i could have got a better performing desktop.

you can use the netbook for portablity, and use the desktop for gaming and other heavy usage.

good luck mate.

they have a faulty design, where the display cable sits on top of the heatsink. the heatsink gets very hot (due to bad airflow, another bad design) and the cable can get damaged, resulting in loss of backlight of lcd display.

I really agree to it . If you can BUY a desktop then buy a new desktop which will be a performance device and notebook for portability .

If you cant buy a Desktop then go for Dell XPS 15 .

doomgiver

Warframe
the current dells are fine, the old 14 series had a flaw where the cpu fan would fail due to overheating. 5 guys in our hostel had this problem. it was funny, watching their laptops fail within 3-5 minutes of booting up.

most laptops sold in india are not meant for the climate. its too hot, and it screws up everything inside

OP
V

virus000

Broken In

good luck mate.

Thanks dude..Helps a lot before i dig my own grave :p.I wish i could buy a desktop but cant due to other issues.Heard Old Dell Laptops crash few mins after booting up..thats terrible coz i was thinking about Dell XPS 17 3D.damn it..:-(.
Any thoughts on Sony Vaio VPCEB46FG .If you could suggest me any laptop which would it be being within my requirements and a good or atleast a decent performer..

Thanks xtremevicky709,Any thoughts on Dell XPS 17.Also guys is it worth spending an extra few bucks on 3D or should i just settle down for HD type's coz 3D seems a bit more expensive but looks awesome..I am not sure to go for 3D but still have second thoughts on it..but only if it were a little cheaper.

Thanks gagankapula..will check that out too :)

Top Bottom