Dell XPS L50X Heating issues

Mirhawk

Broken In
Hello People! A few Friends of Me and I own a Dell L50X each, and We have been facing heating issues with the same. To give You an e.g., a laptop was cooled in freezer (wrapped in plastic) for about 10 minutes, but still when it was booted up, the cores touched 100c after a few minutes on being idle, and all this with a cooling pad!!
So we know how to open the Laptop, just want few advice's on how to clean it properly. Links to tutorials or Videos would be appreciated a lot. And some suggestions on which thermal paste to use. How much would one require to put the paste both on CPU and GPU? Would 1 gram for each be enough? And I'm from Pune, so can anyone from same city point Me to some good hardware shops to buy the paste?

> Clean the old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol.

> Clean other components with air can or a small brush.

> For tim, I recommend Arctic Silver . See it's website for appropriate instructions.

How much thermal would one require? Can You specify a quantity?
The guide at Arctic Silver's website includes images and all details of amount and application pattern for various types of CPUs and heat sink. There is no single way which works on all parts optimally.

paroh

Padawan
I have this model Dell XPS L502X my system is also having the same problem of heat up . Is there is any way to know the internal Fan (whether it is working or not).

OP
M

Mirhawk

Broken In
The guide at Arctic Silver's website includes images and all details of amount and application pattern for various types of CPUs and heat sink. There is no single way which works on all parts optimally.

Oh Okay. Will check it out then. Thanks for the Info!!

I have this model Dell XPS L502X my system is also having the same problem of heat up . Is there is any way to know the internal Fan (whether it is working or not).

Well, when Your Laptop gets heated up, do You get a fan sound? Or better, do You feel hot air being blown from the left side of Your Laptop(Your left, the one with only one USB 3.0 port side)? If You do, Your fan is working, as it is the only fan that there is.

paroh

Padawan
@Mirhawk
There is no fan noise and hot air blowing but the vents are getting hotter and hotter. Previously when i am using the laptop i can hear the fan noise and the hot air blowing but now there is no fan noise and no hot air blowing out of vents.

Dell XPS L501X _ L502X Complete Disassembly and Reassembly
Dell XPS L501X / L502X Complete Disassembly and Reassembly Guide - YouTube

But opening a laptop is very hard process.
So i am looking for some other solution like the given below
Evercool NB-FA1 Fairy Notebook Cooling Fan at Xoxide!

if u could guide me from where i can get this stuff evercool-nbfa1-notebook-fan in india

OP
M

Mirhawk

Broken In
@Mirhawk

But opening a laptop is very hard process.
So i am looking for some other solution like the given below
Evercool NB-FA1 Fairy Notebook Cooling Fan at Xoxide![/url]

if u could guide me from where i can get this stuff evercool-nbfa1-notebook-fan in india

The process would be less complicated if Yo have some one handy and the right tools!

Using a Laptop without internal fan is quite dangerous, as it might risk in excess heating and thus possibly damaging the parts! I would request You to get it from Dell or at least from local hardware shop.

As for the product You asked, I hope You are looking at it from portability point of view.Although I couldn't find an exact match, here are a few products from the same company:
Ebay.in

@ harshilsharma63:

One more question, I have read that Arctic Silver is conductive. Wouldn't that be an issue?

That probably means that the fan is not working. Get it serviced asap.

That probably means that the fan is not working. Get it serviced asap.

Dell_Shuchi_S

Right off the assembly line
Hi Mirhawk,

I am Shuchi from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

I will help you with this issue. If you want to clean the fan you can do it with the help of a brush or can also use compressed air to blow out dust from the vents.

You can visit the following link with the instructions to disassemble the Laptop.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...rt_xps_laptop/xps-15_service manual_en-us.pdf

You can use any good quality thermal paste. Thermal paste will be easily available in any of the hardware stores. You will need thermal paste half the size of the processor.

Note# We would recommend you not to do this activity on your own and instead choose a qualified technician for the job.

In case the issue is not resolved and If you experience any difficulties, please feel free to contact me directly by sending a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
Dell_Shuchi_S
Dell Social Media Responder

Top Bottom