hi im going to purchase a xps15 on 8th november 2011 wanted some suggestions
my budget is max 60k the configuration im plannin on buyin is

processor--- i7 2670M
memory----- 4GB
hard disk---- 500 GB
display------ 1366x768
GPU--------- GT 540M 2GB

the total comes upto 58,767/-
is the configuration fine ill be using the laptop for gaming, watching movies, surfing
had some questions plz do answer them
1.whats the difference between i7 and i5 in regards to gaming and future proof
2.how long will i be able to play games with GT540M (as in upcoming games 4 how many years)
3.is the 1366x768 screen good
thnx in advance

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
If ur really into gaming look for the one with 555m/6770m gpu i suggest this

Buy HP Pavilion DV6-6121TX Entertainment Notebook PC (Bronze Metal) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) i7 and i5 have got much difference. Untill you're an enthusiast, you're not gonna use the juice of i7. Of course i7 is far more future secure. But i5 can even do the job fine.

2) Depends on which settings which you play the games. 540M is a good gfx but not enough to handle latest games at high settings.

3)Take the Full HD 1920*1080 option anyway, it has got no comparison with 1366*768 resolution. Although this will set back you by more than 6k.

swapyworld

Broken In
At your budget you can look for Lenovo Y570 with gt 555m....way better than gt 540m or as mithun suggested go for dv6-6121tx....we have an exclusive thread for the lappy...will be very useful....just go through heat....manual switching and heat issues both have been solved but preferably its better to get a cooling pad for the hp laptop :)

OP
D

darksider

Broken In
i know the fact that gt540M isnt that gr8 4 gaming i would have loved to buy a dv6 but after hearing all sought of issues abt the after sales of HP i changed my mind and 6770M has openGL issues so i wont be able to play battlefield, rage and any upcoming game which utilizes openGL i would like to buy a dv6-6165tx worth 58k but if my MOBO or smothr thing fries up i will have to pay more to get it fixed where as in dell if nything like that happens the waranty will take care of it
ny comments

1) i7 and i5 have got much difference. Untill you're an enthusiast, you're not gonna use the juice of i7. Of course i7 is far more future secure. But i5 can even do the job fine.

2) Depends on which settings which you play the games. 540M is a good gfx but not enough to handle latest games at high settings.

3)Take the Full HD 1920*1080 option anyway, it has got no comparison with 1366*768 resolution. Although this will set back you by more than 6k.

if u dont mind me askin which laptop did u order

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
HP=heating problems! (no offence)

If you're priority is gaming, you can opt the suggested lenovo one, gt555 is good and will serve you pretty well.

I'm going for VPCCB35FN : C Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Rage runs fine on my HP 6121. Haven't tried Battlefield 3 yet.
Anyways, Lenovo Y570 would be a better option than Dell XPS 15 for the same price. In case you want the FHD, get the Dell. Otherwise, Y570.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
This 555M is slower than 6770M.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...-multimedia-experience-under-rs-60-000-a.html

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Whats the diff b/w between GT road and F1 track (though both are good) ?

Its HHHHHHHUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEE! Now I think you got it ;) :D

The display is too much crisper in short.

Top Bottom