DELL Studio Or XPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi guys...

atlast my mom has agreed to get me laptop for sure this time...

but last time i checked there was only XPX .. but this time there is also STudio laptop and they are much cheap also .. compare to XPX .. i am looking for 15" , a decent graphic and atleast 3 or 4gb ram..

so help me choose one ...

and please reply fast.. i have to place a order my tonight...

and my budget is stricy within 55k.. or say 50 k...

gopz

In the zone
Studio is in between Inspiron and XPS. The graphics card offered in Studio is better than the Intel integrated solution but not as good as the one in XPS (8600m GT 256MB DDR3)

So, if you have the budget, go in for XPS, else, Studio.

And, you will have to wait till monday morning to place the order, because Dell sales doesnt work during weekends. Do not order online, just call them up and order through the phone (you can bargain and get freebies or discounts that way)

Order through a friend in Dell if you want some great discounts through EPP - hope you know someone who works at Dell.

napster007

Padawan
before i say anything.........congo bro on getting ur mom to agree for a laptop!!

i say u go for the XPS as it is a bit more future proof and not to mention the killer looks

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thanks guys...

i actually had been contacted by a sles rep before .. say 2 months .. can i ring him up and ask for this lappy ???

or cointact anopther person ...?

does xpx m1530 still has that bluetooth headset free.. or is it now confined to studio ?

and is tudio a inspiron derivative or XPS ???

guys please post..

Last edited:

napster007

Padawan
don know abt ur second question but yeah the bluetooth headset is still in their offer and also they are throwing in a free EP-630!!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ohh thnks...

by the way decided to go for xps itself...

actually configuring studio to my requirement as in xpx puts studio far by 2k atleast..

so decided to stick with xps

now comes the color and i am really stuck..

iam against pink.. black , blue and red...

i dont knowwht to select ??

any suggestion .. any pics of real lappy

Pathik

Google Bot
Red looks cool on XPS.

Studio is just an intermediate between Inspiron and XPS.

Inspiron < Studio < XPS

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Studio 15" isn't gaming grade. Studio 17" is worth it. If you are buying the defualt 1 year warranty, you can get a decent gaming config with HD 3650 and 7200rpm hdd for 53k. For 15" xps is way better assuming it has 8600M GT.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thanks guys for all.. ordered black XPS 1530 .. only change i did was i changed display to WGA+ plus 2100 Rs... others are same..

planning to get a 2 gb ram later and have 4 GB in total...

now all depends on the sales rep ....

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^
4gb is not going to help at all as ur os is 32bit. Even if you install a 64bit os, from where will you get the whql drivers?

gopz

In the zone
thanks guys for all.. ordered black XPS 1530 .. only change i did was i changed display to WGA+ plus 2100 Rs... others are same..

planning to get a 2 gb ram later and have 4 GB in total...

now all depends on the sales rep ....

Today being a Saturday, and especially at this hour...HOW DID YOU order it?

Did you order online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom