DELL ST2220L Review

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks baba :)

the response time indicates how fast it can display moving images. the faster the less ghosting in fast paced scenes.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm, really nice review there. Good shots too :). I am gonna change my Monitor next month, but totally confused between this and Dell Ultrasharp 23'' ! and can you please tell me how the separate modes work and how many of them are there? I meant different modes like Gaming-Movies and etc..
Thanks in advance.
PS- What does this DVI cable do? I always have it but never used it, what's the difference with VGA cable?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Hmm, really nice review there. Good shots too :). I am gonna change my Monitor next month, but totally confused between this and Dell Ultrasharp 23'' ! and can you please tell me how the separate modes work and how many of them are there? I meant different modes like Gaming-Movies and etc..
Thanks in advance.
PS- What does this DVI cable do? I always have it but never used it, what's the difference with VGA cable?

the different preset modes include built in settings for different usages.

but i will recommend to properly calibrate the display using win7 calibration.

dvi offers better quality on lcd monitors as compared to vga.
read more - DVI vs. VGA - NVIDIA Forums

nayanpr77

Broken In
Hey bro!

Your review is really good!! Am thinking of buying this or the Samsung B2230.

1) Could you post a pic showing the edge dimming/bleeding? is it bad?

2) How is this monitor on the eyes. You set the brightness to 15, does it get very bright above that? I know LEDs can be a strain on the eyes.... A pic of the monitor in normal room light will give a better idea.

3) B2230 uses 45W power, what about this one?

Pls help me decide between the 2 monitors.

Thanks

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
damn i paid Rs 17000 for my DELL SP2208WFP 3 yrs ago and everyone thought i was mad :D and it is still the matter of envy even at 1600*1050 :D

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey bro!

Your review is really good!! Am thinking of buying this or the Samsung B2230.

1) Could you post a pic showing the edge dimming/bleeding? is it bad?

2) How is this monitor on the eyes. You set the brightness to 15, does it get very bright above that? I know LEDs can be a strain on the eyes.... A pic of the monitor in normal room light will give a better idea.

3) B2230 uses 45W power, what about this one?

Pls help me decide between the 2 monitors.

Thanks

thanks. :)

1) there are no dim edges. very little bleeding at lower left corner.
2) its ok for my eyes at lower brightness. yes it gets very bright at higher settings.
3) B2230 is also good.

get the cheaper one.

Top Bottom