Dell SP2309W resolution issues on dell inspiron e1505

krazineurons

Broken In
Hi I am in a desperate need and i need help. Here's the scenario
I have a dell Inspiron e1505 with following configuration
Intel Core Duo processor,1GB ram, Intel 945GMA chipset,Onboard graphics (256 mb) running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I brought a Dell SP2309W monitor which supports 2048 x 1152 resolution. However when i connect it to my laptop it gets detected as "Generic Non-Pnp display device" and i don't get a resolution more than 1024x768. I forced the driver of the monitor on it but still the name changed to "Dell SP2309W(Analog)" but no change in available resolutions. I think it is an issue with windows 7. I downloaded the latest intel 945 graphics accelerator chipset driver from intel for windows 7 but still cannot get it. can any body help me solve it? I can transfer money as well if my problem is solved.
Thanks in advance.

OP
K

krazineurons

Broken In
when i plug the monitor in it gets detected as a "Generic non pnp display" device,so i had to force it to apply that driver but that didn't work. Also intel had a patch driver which addressed the issue of native resolutions not showing up, that also didn't work.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Use a DVI cable.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Also get the latest drivers for Intel 945GMA.

OP
K

krazineurons

Broken In
yeah i did update the drivers, also i applied the patch by intel which said to fix the issues of native resolution. I think i need intel graphics a driver by dell which can support the mobile chipset and dell monitor. Or is it a win7 issue?

Top Bottom