Dell SE-198WFT review

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
hey desiii do you think running bechmark would harm hardware??i dont think so..what i intend to see is some tests which cnet and others run
*reviews.cnet.com/4520-6603_7-5098394-1.html
or *www.dirfile.com/tireal_tft_test.htm

Thx again for the links..actually am in 2 mind to go for 19" / 22" TFT

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
either go for 19" or 20" or 24". 22" has the same reso that 20" has and is not a good buy.

As I said earlier, I did displaymate tests, adjusted brightness and contrast accordingly and as a result, it feels perfect.

I didn't post images coz you will lose lot of real detail when you take a picture on the cam.

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
I actually see a huge difference between 17" and 19" CRT screen sizes. Won't there be any such notable screen size diff wrt 19" and 22" LCD?
Edit: Currently i own a 19" Flat CRT

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Forget about difference between 19" and 22".

Since the resolution in 20" and 22" is same, you will not have any extra detail on 22" when compared to 20".

Why waste 2k-3k more for just 2". Get a 250gig HDD for that saved amount or extra RAM stick.

This is just my thought.

but, since you have 19" CRT, better wait till 24" price comes down (which should happen soon due to it's higher sales numbers) and get the fullHD 24".

22" is not fullHD monitor. 24" is.

axxo

99.9% Idle
right now the diff between 22" and 24" is 10k the reason why my attraction is towards 22" and I could get a laptop for 24" price. anyway i postponed my purchase expecting current 24" monitor costs to come down soon.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. 10k is not a big difference. Moreover, you know how fast monitor prices are coming down. Better wait when there is FullHD in offering :)

narangz

Web developer
Nice review. Sadly it isn't available with dealers in my city :( I am not considering buying directly from Dell due to their high price.

TheITwares.com hasn't replied to my email.

I've asked someone to get it for me, let's see what news he has got for me.

dushi23

Right off the assembly line
hiiii..there is some strange problem with my Dell 198wfp lcd.
I have connected it to my cpu wid da dvi cable(as no vga slot in my motherboard:( )
Now sometimes the cpu auto detects the lcd nd sometimes it dosnt,as a effect i left wid dat orange lite spitting on ma face nd than i have to switch of the cpu nd monitor aftr dat evruthng cums 2 normal again..
I called up dell people nd they said me to connect the lcd nd cpu with vga cable,nw wat should i do??

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It shouldn't be a problem with DVI. Did you check if the problem is with GPU? Update your Graphics card's drivers and also reset your mobo's BIOS.

rahul777

Broken In
Hi,
Desiibond pl. suggest better monitor among Dell19" (quoted at Rs9400) and LG17" (quoted at Rs7600) for general purposes and working for prolonged hours, the criterion being "causing least eye strain".

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I meant too much contrast/brightness.

Reason: you sit couple of feet away from a 21" TV but you sit just a feet or two away from 22" display. Better use anti-glare specs and keep the contrast/brightness to safe levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom