Dell S2409W vs ST2410

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Both are similar except HDMI includes an audio stream. You can say HDMI = DVI + Audio stream.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Oh...so the DVI component of the HDMI is exact copy (quality) of the native DVI which the GPU pumps out...?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asigh

hi friend

DVI is same as hdmi as far video signals are concerned.DVI connectivity can only carry hd video signals whreas HDMI carries both audio and video signals.For a pc its not required as it has a separate sound solution in form of onboard audio or discrete soundcard.For large screen lcd's where you can hook a console with a multispeaker setup you need hdmi connectivity as both hd audio & video inputs are required.If you want to connect your gaming console into the monitor look for hdmi else leave it.Again having hdmi connectivity isnt bad either so you can even opt for it considering futureproofing.:smile:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
And what is HDCP...?. Please another nice explanation like above...

HDCP stands for high bandwidth digital content protection.Its nothing but an encryption to avoid unauthorised digital signal.If a peripheral like the graphics card or any standalone player doesnt support hdcp then any encrypted video signal will not be received by the display.Nowadays every digital player or gpu supports hdcp and so does your 4890 therefore you can go for any display eyes closed.:smile:

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well, thanks guys..placed the order for S2409W.

And now the worst part..waiting....!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
vga is video graphics array and supports analog signals only.IF a digital signal is needed to be transmitted then its converted to analog by the ramdac(random access memory digital to analog converter)of the display adaptor.In the other hand DVI supports digital signals only similar to HDMI and requires no conversion.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well guys...I got the S2409W. :)

Can you all believe that, I transferred the money on Wednesday, and Saturday DELL has delivered it. Gosh....! I am so happy. The monitor is WIDE.

Will be soon posting up pictures, with a full blown review.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well here are some first cut images taken from a 2Mx phone camera. Will put up high resolutions ones, on the 'latest purchase' thread.

Scale difference between the 19" and 24":
(left sides are lined up)
*img708.imageshack.us/img708/1483/image020z.jpg

Size on the desk:
(yea it needs one on its own)
*img190.imageshack.us/img190/2906/image021t.jpg

Running the Unigine Demo:
(mind the Xfire)
*img33.imageshack.us/img33/3618/image022pz.jpg

The images, do not do full justice to the setup. But will get better ones, by tonight, and post them up.

Irony:
Do not have any games installed on my system (except RE5), since I installed Win7 ultimate last week. And I threw all the install DVDs thinking I had dumps on my system. Later on I realized I do not have them. :(

Crossfire X:
Is scaling pretty well on 1980x1080. Both cards are getting stressed equally well now. Am happy about that. The RE5 showed a FPS loss of ~8-9 frames/second on a 19" vs 24" benchmark. Am 'acquiring' Warhead again, to truely bench the performance.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The first comparison image is great to give idea to buyers about the large 24" size of the screen. Shoot the pics with a digicam if you have to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom