Dell S2409W vs ST2410

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi Friends,

Well the time has come for me to get a 24" full HD monitor. I will only be going with DELL.

I just received the official quotations, from DELL Chennia as:

S2409W - 13800
ST2410 - 13225

There is hardly a price difference, and I could not find much of a difference between the two. Which one should I get.

I have to make this decision, by maximum tomorrow, since the quotations hold true for 2 business days only.

Help..?

Anil.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
my pick is S2409W as ST2410 is inferior in brighness levels. afaik S2409W has 300cd/m2 and ST2410 has 250cd/m2.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Asigh Do I need to reply:))
S2409 all the way
or else look for that LED back lit one,though its not full HD or doesn't have HDMI forgot why I skipped it,one of those is missing, G2410 I guess

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
This has come in the quotation:

ST 2410 Rs.13225.00

24" Full HD HD, HDMI, DVI-D , HDCP, VGA Anti Glare Display

I saw some reviews. The back side of the body is WHITE. Nopes.
:)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hmmmm the only diff b/w those two seems to be brightness levels and Power consumption:p
S2409 300cd/m2 42w max power consumption
S2410 250cd/m2 30W max 22.5W typical ,also 600 cheaper too

So which one??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
IIRC, dell was available somewhere near Computer empire but I heard that a long time ago.
I am pretty skeptical at suggesting something/tell this but I heard (Note: I said I "heard") that benq seem to have lesser chances of getting backlight bleed compared to samsung and dell. But like I said- chances.
Before placing the order, ask them if they honour RMA for backlight bleeds. Unfortunatly in TN panels, backlight bleeds are somewhat inevitable or its thankfull invisible. But just to be sure, confirm it with dell and confirm if they are shipping the dvi and the vga (dell gives both as far as my experience went with it) cables.
BenQ G2410/2412/2420 is my only option for 24" LCD with 1920x1200 native resolution @ 16:9 aspect ratio. I seen once at croma, Bandra, Mumbai that they were selling BenQ 2412HD with some wireless keyboard and mouse combo for 11,999k. See if you can audition it.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Not to interested in a back-lit monitor. What is the use of it...!

what's the price of G2410 in India? looks promising with LED backlit.

Below are the quotes from official DELL Chennia.

ST 2410 Rs.13225.00

24" Full HD HD, HDMI, DVI-D , HDCP, VGA Anti Glare Display

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Below are the official quotes I received from DELL. If you notice there are two 2410 models, one is a G series and one is a ST series. G series has no HDMI.

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/8337/dellquote.jpg

Krow

Crowman
DVI is as good as HDMI, so unless you plan to hook up a console to it, I dont see how it should matter whether HDMI is present or not. Its a good added connectivity solution, but not entirely necessary.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just have a very NOOB question here....

My two GPUs came with HDMI adapters. Which I dock to the DVI and connect to the HDMI screen. So can I game HDMI too, can I attach the DVI+HDMI adapter combination to the DELL HDMI input, and then get HDMI signal.

What is HDMI..???

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Just have a very NOOB question here....

My two GPUs came with HDMI adapters. Which I dock to the DVI and connect to the HDMI screen. So can I game HDMI too, can I attach the DVI+HDMI adapter combination to the DELL HDMI input, and then get HDMI signal.

What is HDMI..???

High Definition Multimedia Interface

use u can use the adpater...:smile:

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Thanks for the full-form. :)
Will I be able to 'game' HDMI..? How good is it compared to DVI..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom