Dell Laptop query under 62k

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_hatter_11

Broken In
Well I'm not a regular at the forum so pardon me if I've posted my topic in the wrong section.
I'm thinking of buying a laptop(decent graphics card a must) with a budget under 62k(that's the maxx I can get my parents to shell out after some brilliant pestering tactics......)
Right now Dell seems to b the only one with a very high performance to money ratio.Previously was thinking about Sony Vaio FZ-15g but as it turned out they've discontinued that product.
I will be using my laptop primarily for graphics related applications such as the PS CS3 and also a healthy dose of gaming such as NFS-MW,Carbon,Gears of War (must confess just want to try CRYSIS once.......if its lowest settings that i'll have to b content with then so b it)

Hope I havent wished tooooooo much with my budget restraints..

Right now I'm completely clueless as to which model to choose n customize.

Need ur help guyzzz!!

shadow2get

In the zone
Looking at the appllications & games you are going to use, its going to be over your said budget.

Anyway, i will be needing more specs which you want like
* Screen size: 14/15/17 "
* Screen Quality & res (1280x800 / 1440x900 / 1680x1050)
* Battery Life: Normal/Bit Extra
* Any concerns about weight
* Processor below 2Ghz or above 2Ghz (also 2MB / 4MB)
* HDD (5400/7200) & Storage capacity

Also, are you bent upon buying only Dell Models ? You could also go in for Sony/HP.

Also if you are willing to spend a little more budget arnd 70K, you will get a better system ;) and will be worth the Price.

Lemme know man.

OP
M

mad_hatter_11

Broken In
Well I cannot consider vaio laptops because the upper models r a little over my budget(the CR series r decent though but however they seem a lil underpowered),havent checked out the HP models(havent heard too much bout HP laptops being performers on the graphics front)

As far as my personal specs for my system go A 2/2+Ghz would be my preference,not concerned about the battery(am going to hv it plugged in for most part of the day).......again the screen size is not too much of a deal..considering 15" right now(at some point I was thinking bout the XPS model with the small screen).........what I'm most concerned about are 3 things
1:-A good processor(at least 2Ghz C2Duo with 2MB cache)
2:-minimum 2 GB of RAM
3:-A good graphics card

the "rest" I'm willing to sacrifice keeping my budget constraints in mind

Is there any hope for me????

juggler

In the zone
yes u can get a good dell laptop for 54000 only
go to dell website and confiigure dell inspiron 1520
with 2 gb ram c2d 7250 processor and 8600 mgt graphics card
it would be sufficient for u

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will suggest you to go for this model........

Dell Inspiron(TM) 1720 Notebook
E-VALUE CODE : Q541105N
Price inclusive of delivery but exclusive of tax: Rs 63,650.00

System confrigation:
Processor-->>
Intel core 2 duo T7250
2.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB

vista Home premium
17" wide screen
2GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce(TM) 8600GT with 256 dedicated graphics memory
250 GB hard disk
wireless, bluetooth, LAN and others
8 in 1 card reader,...
and many more

OP
M

mad_hatter_11

Broken In
Guys wanna know ur opinions on my customization for
Dell Inspiron(TM) 1520 Notebook
E-VALUE CODE : Q541103N

*Intel Core2Duo T7500 2.2Ghz 4MB cache
*15.4" wxga(1280*800) with TrueLife
*2GB(2*1024) RAM
*NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT(256 MB GDDR2 dedicated)
*160 GB SATA
*Internal 8X DVD+/-RW with DL write capabilities

the rest I've kept default(havent added anything that raises price)

Final total is Rs 63,049

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^
plus-->> upgrade to vista home premium.Vista Aero theme is available only with premium editions of windows vista.This will add Rs. 1500/- to your budget.

OP
M

mad_hatter_11

Broken In
Thnkx for all ur help n suggestions guyz,realllyy appreciate it.
I've already kept to vista home premium(that was checked by default),although there was this option to get XP but just didnt feel like working on XP again..!!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^
yaa..dont go for windows XP.New is always better.There are few problems with vista..but don't worry vista SP1 is coming soon.

mananknl

Broken In
get a high resolution screen(1440*900) nd downgrade the proc to 2ghz,4mb cache...more screen space is always better !!

Pathik

Google Bot
The xps m1330 starts at 59.9k excluding taxes.. And it comes wit x3100 onboard gfx.. And also u dont hav an option to configure it wit an 8600m gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom