Dell inspiron one 24 5459 heavy flickering

Geekysam

Broken In
I have been using the above mentioned PC since nearly 4 yrs I frequently play games on it such as Gmod Half Life 2 Gta San Andreas call of duty mw 2 and 3 and Deus ex 1 revision mod and Deus ex 3 with out any issues how ever last night while playing Gmod my screen started flickering very badly now whenever I start the PC it starts ok for About 2 mins then it stars flickering again as time passes by the flickering gets even worse that I can’t see anything on screen below are some screenshots of the issue

Here you can see the flickering issue progressing badly in these pictures as time progresses in 2 mins the flickering begins in 4 mins I can’t see anything including my wallpaper

Here are my PC specs

• 8GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA(R) GeForce 930M 4GB GDDR3
  • 23.8-inch FHD (1920x1080) Truelife LED-Backlit Touch Display
D9F36765-C125-499D-ABFB-1855C7BF3230.jpeg
0582AC15-F80E-4D50-B0A3-1A3A79B3902A.jpeg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
930M is a laptop GPU and I'm not sure how your PC has it. Never heard of a 24" laptop as well. Try removing all display drivers via DDU and install latest ones from nvidia, intel and/or amd.
Post complete information along with screenshot of sensors in HwInfo64.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
930M is a laptop GPU and I'm not sure how your PC has it. Never heard of a 24" laptop as well. Try removing all display drivers via DDU and install latest ones from nvidia, intel and/or amd.
Post complete information along with screenshot of sensors in HwInfo64.
I forgot to mention my PC is dell all in one PC, these kind of PCs are having all major parts in the monitor kind of like MAC computers also. What do you mean by screenshot of sensors ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I forgot to mention my PC is dell all in one PC, these kind of PCs are having all major parts in the monitor kind of like MAC computers also. What do you mean by screenshot of sensors ?
Ah, so that's an AIO.
Install HwInfo64 and open the sensors window. Take a screenshot and upload it. This is for getting your system's hardware information and see if anything might be causing issues like overheating CPU or failing hdd.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
Is there a way I can do dignostic of my AIO through a phone or a MAC computer because my AIO is unreadable before I can do anything the flickering starts and keeps getting worse I manged to do a BIOS diganostic test however and it was the only screen I could clearly see after the test I heard 3 beeps from my PC and my all 3 keyboard lights blinked 3 times upon completion of this test what does it mean ?

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
I also tried opening my browser to install HwInfo64 however the entire page appeared blank like completely off white with black covering the edges and corners so I cant see a thing on my AIO it is also begining to hurt my eyes because I have to put my face right next to the screen to see anything not to mention whenever anything colourful appears on screen such as my blue coloured wallpaper it flashes and flickers so badly its nearly headache/seizure inducing.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I literally have no idea about the 3 beeps. Try booting into a live linux OS from USB and check if the issue is specific to your current OS. If it was a monitor or accepts video in via HDMI, you could try to plug in a set top box or PC/laptop.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
I literally have no idea about the 3 beeps. Try booting into a live linux OS from USB and check if the issue is specific to your current OS. If it was a monitor or accepts video in via HDMI, you could try to plug in a set top box or PC/laptop.
From what I read on the dell website if it beeps 3 times means it is a mother board or chip set failure do you think that is the case ?

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
What does HDMI plug look like I have HDMI written underneath on of the sockets on my All in one but not the external moniter which I plan to plug the AIO into do I need a HDMI adapter for it ?

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
I finally fixed the problem I got a HDMI to DVI cable and connected to a old monitor I had in the house to my AIO it worked but the resolution was not full with black bars on edge of monitor so I went into intel control panel and choose 1920x1080 to full screen that solved my problem now only thing that remains is black spots that are emitting from inside the monitor because the old monitor was kept in the open in a dusty place the main monitor of my AIO still flickers but I can see everything clearly now with the external monitor.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
miost probably your AIO's monitor gone bad .. time to either repair it or get a new monitor as the one you have is also having issue.

Top Bottom