Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Ok ratul I have gone through the calibration process as you said but now it won't charge beyond 40% . Wear level show 9%. Can't figure out why the battery is acting so weird. :confused:

contact dell cc then, rma the battery.. :)

R2K

In the Zone
I'm not able to receive files from my phone or other devices through bluetooth. I've updated the drivers and everything but it doesn't receive any files I send from my phone or the desktop. Its able to send files without any problem though. Any one have this issue with their inspiron 5521

sam142000

Journeyman
I'm not able to receive files from my phone or other devices through bluetooth. I've updated the drivers and everything but it doesn't receive any files I send from my phone or the desktop. Its able to send files without any problem though. Any one have this issue with their inspiron 5521

To receive files I guess you have to pair the devices first.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought the Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 ( Core I7-4500U/AMD RADEON 8850M DDR5/8 GB RAM/ 1 TB HD) two days ago.I am lovi'n it so far !!

So I guess I am in this club now :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I bought the Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 ( Core I7-4500U/AMD RADEON 8850M DDR5/8 GB RAM/ 1 TB HD) two days ago.I am lovi'n it so far !!

congrats man!! pls write a review and post some photos and benchmarks if u can pls!! it looks quite good on paper and stuff :)

nandu26

In the zone

What about the display screen? Will it be too reflective if tube light is behind the laptop?

ratul

█████████████████

congrats, and don't forget to join the fb in my siggy, if you haven't already.. :doublethumb:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I require a little help here. The screen of Inspiron 15R (my father's) is coming off from the right hinge. This happens mostly when closing the screen. Sometimes, the bezel covering the keyboard also comes off near that right hinge. Laptop is not under warranty. What to do?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I require a little help here. The screen of Inspiron 15R (my father's) is coming off from the right hinge. This happens mostly when closing the screen. Sometimes, the bezel covering the keyboard also comes off near that right hinge. Laptop is not under warranty. What to do?

Anybody??

R2K

In the Zone

Make sure the hinges are not brocken. If its damaged then you can't really do anything about fixing it other than taking it to dell customer care. Most of the stores that fix laptops are helpless if the hinges are damaged. Atleast thats what my laptop dealer told me when I asked about warranty and stuff

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

dont worry my friend had another older dell laptop with a bad hinge which needed replacement he paid approx 4-5k and got a completely new screen and hinge that too a full hd screen which he didnt have before
i suggest u contact dell and if they make a fuss or charge too much ask Braintone in mumbai if u also are from mumbai they repair all laptops without warranty and charge 6k for a screen and hinge replacement
good luck and i hope u find my post useful! :)

guys can i add this ram to 15r se 7520
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

the corsair site has the latency rating compare them with ur link and 7520 default ram specs i wish i could be of more help but im not an expert on ram :(

cycotek

Broken In
the corsair site has the latency rating compare them with ur link and 7520 default ram specs i wish i could be of more help but im not an expert on ram :(
i m getting a slightly different version
my current ram has latency 11-11-11-28
and which i m getting is 11-11-11-29 or 11-11-11-30
i see rest of specs are same just needed to confirm if i should go for it

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dont worry my friend had another older dell laptop with a bad hinge which needed replacement he paid approx 4-5k and got a completely new screen and hinge that too a full hd screen which he didnt have before
i suggest u contact dell and if they make a fuss or charge too much ask Braintone in mumbai if u also are from mumbai they repair all laptops without warranty and charge 6k for a screen and hinge replacement
good luck and i hope u find my post useful! :)
Screen is absolutely fine. only the hinge is having problem.

ratul

█████████████████
i m getting a slightly different version
my current ram has latency 11-11-11-28
and which i m getting is 11-11-11-29 or 11-11-11-30
i see rest of specs are same just needed to confirm if i should go for it

It should work acc. to me, the last no. is just the Row Active Time, doesn't matter much i suppose..

Wikipedia said:
Row Active Time, TRAS, The number of clock cycles required between a bank active command and issuing the precharge command. This is the time needed to internally refresh the row, and overlapping with TRCD. In SDRAM modules, it is simply TRCD + CL. Otherwise, approximately equal to TRCD + (2 * CL).

saaransh9

Journeyman
guys can i add this ram to 15r se 7520
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

i will prefer if u can spend a 1000 bucks more go with

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

better response time and will be better if u play games

cycotek

Broken In
It should work acc. to me, the last no. is just the Row Active Time, doesn't matter much i suppose..

thx man i think i will be buying it soon

i will prefer if u can spend a 1000 bucks more go with

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

better response time and will be better if u play games

no brother it will inturn give less performance as latencies dont match mine is 11-11-11-28 while vengeance is 9-9-9-24
it will work only if i add 2 vengeance rams which i cannot do further i will be buying from a local dealer so availiablity is problem for me :) btw thx for helping

Top Bottom