Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
What the hell! -__- Seriously? :\ Damn that will mess with the discharge cycles. :S Have to keep it in check manually then -__-

yes, i was also searching for the same long time ago, read one post which said that this feature is enabled in the bios itself, if it's not in the bios, then no software can mimic that feature.. :(

i am planning to buy a dell lappy can you people suggest me a good lappy within 50k in which i can play games like crysis3,bf3,Ac3 in low or med setting

i think you can get more choices if you broaden your criteria and consider other brands as well, i see that you have asked the same question here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/171536-gaming-laptop-within-50k-55k.html
so rest of the discussion will continue in that thread..

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay I am sure this has been asked countless times before,but I really don't feel like going through all the previous posts.
Can anyone tell me how to limit battery charging to say,80% while the laptop is plugged into the charger?
Need to save those precious discharge cycles.
Download and install dell quick set app from your laptop driver page, now open windows mobility center, it'll have the desktop charge mode and longevity mode option, in my laptop I can just press a dedicated button on the laptop to open this.

Just Loving my new inspiron 17r SE :D :D

BTW just wanted to know should i remove the battery from the laptop when i game on it ?

I tend to plug in my laptop to AC plug 24 x 7 . Would that affect the battery life ?

Also , My 130 W power brick ( with a US connector as i got the laptop from US ) gets HOT while gaming . Is that normal ?

It gets hot to an extent that it gets uncomfortable to touch it . Plz suggest if this is normal .
Use desktop charge mode from windows mobility center, also turn on battery longevity mode.

An example of what it looks after you install dell quick set

Mine has extra options for battery, will post a pic tomorrow, net connection is completely fu(cked up atm.

Update:

Here's what mine looks like:

*i.imgur.com/6TItwo1.jpg

PS: Aero is turned of due to auto battery saver setting which can be configured from those dell battery options, I chose this settings to maximize battery life after a single charge.

Longevity mode is used when charging the laptop after say 50-60% discharge and on a non regular cycle, desktop mode is used for continuous charge.

yes, i was also searching for the same long time ago, read one post which said that this feature is enabled in the bios itself, if it's not in the bios, then no software can mimic that feature.. :(

i think you can get more choices if you broaden your criteria and consider other brands as well, i see that you have asked the same question here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/171536-gaming-laptop-within-50k-55k.html
so rest of the discussion will continue in that thread..
Well, now your search ends :p

Longevity mode blocks charging upto 80%, desktop mode does the same upto 60%.

ratul

█████████████████
Well, now your search ends :p

Longevity mode blocks charging upto 80%, desktop mode does the same upto 60%.

well then i don't know what am i doing wrong, i have desktop mode enabled since i purchased this lappy, but still battery always charges to 100%..
*i.imgur.com/PowiwDP.png​

ratul

█████████████████
for all those guys who like to have their drivers updated, AMD's new drivers are launched 13.3beta2, but don't download it, it'll break the enduro support and to make that work again is literally pain in the @$$...
i installed it, and now have to restore the system.. :-x:evil:
so beware guys and don't download those.. (had performance increase for tomb raider :()..

tkin

Back to school!!
for all those guys who like to have their drivers updated, AMD's new drivers are launched 13.3beta2, but don't download it, it'll break the enduro support and to make that work again is literally pain in the @$$...
i installed it, and now have to restore the system.. :-x:evil:
so beware guys and don't download those.. (had performance increase for tomb raider :()..
Rocking 13.1 whql here, I always use whql, beta's are PITA for mobile users, always.

ratul

█████████████████
Rocking 13.1 whql here, I always use whql, beta's are PITA for mobile users, always.

it's the first time that beta drivers have been PITA for me... :(
well, from next time, i'll read reviews first before installing beta drivers.. :twisted:

ratul

█████████████████
Check guru3d forums.

yeah i checked that, these drivers have really proved to be buggy for many...
btw, has anyone tried the new 3DMark 2013???
here's the full results for mine: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 05TJ3M
*i.imgur.com/1MCpozS.png​

faiz_soulreaper

Right off the assembly line
Digitians I am going to buy dell inspiron 14r se within 4 days I need your reviews on it for moderate gaming and heating issues., thanks in advance..:mrgreen:

ratul

█████████████████
Digitians I am going to buy dell inspiron 14r se within 4 days I need your reviews on it for moderate gaming and heating issues., thanks in advance..:mrgreen:

i think you also recently joined the Facebook group for this lappy??
check this link, this user recommends against 14R: *www.facebook.com/groups/dellinspironturbo/permalink/151692234990257/

ratul

█████████████████
Recently got this lappy.
Played Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for 30 mins-High settings-All Temperatures under 65*C -no cooling pad :-D

congrats... :doublethumb:
yeah, it does'nt require cooling pad, this lappy has it's temps under ontrol most of the time... :)

My friend recently got inspiron 15r. Everything is working fine except that the system fan is running on full speed even when the laptop is under no load and the temperatures are normal. os is win 8. Any solution?

Top Bottom