Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

sasha007

Broken In
How do you guys use your 5720/7720 ? Do you keep it plugged in all the time ?

How to take care of its battery since I'm plugged in all the time ? Is the battery charging disabled while 100% charged ?

Kindly advice what to do ?

I use my 7720 primarily for gaming , watching movies and surfing . What should be my style of using it ? Should i keep it plugged it all the time ? Or should i disconnect it .? If yes , how frequently .?

My main concern is if i keep it plugged in all the time , will i degrade my battery life and wear it ? I'm confused ...:-?

Gtb93

In the zone

How to take care of its battery since I'm plugged in all the time ? Is the battery charging disabled while 100% charged ?

I use my 7720 primarily for gaming , watching movies and surfing . What should be my style of using it ? Should i keep it plugged it all the time ? Or should i disconnect it .? If yes , how frequently .?

My main concern is if i keep it plugged in all the time , will i degrade my battery life and wear it ? I'm confused ...:-?

When playing for 2+ hours, I always remove the battery, and run the laptop plugged. However, for casual gaming sessions like 30-40 minutes of Fifa etc, I leave the battery in. I always remove the plug while watching movies though, only connect it if it goes low battery. Surfing etc, let it stay connected. That's my pattern.

Hrishi

IFAIK , heat is an important factor that reduces battery life considerably for Li-ion batteries. And as a matter of Fact , anything strenous like Playing games or Encoding HD movies , will lay stress on GPU causing heat-up.
SO avoid playing games for long duration on battery without a decent lap-cooler.

123shree

Broken In
I had bought the 15r turbo (core i7, FHD, 8GB ram) a month ago. It came with 30 days trial of Mcafee security solutions. As the subscriptions were about to end I decided to install eSacn Antivirus (as i had the license already). All went alright and i restarted the laptop but I was shocked to realize the laptop wasn't booting. It kept saying to insert the recovery disk. It didn't even boot into safe mode. The I inserted a Ubuntu live CD just to realize that I had lost all my data (Don't know how, but it seriously bothers me!). When I contacted Dell they just say 'it's because the antivirus was incompatible with windows 8'. They also told me that they'll be sending a Windows 8 disk to me.
I don't wanna loose all my data again just because of some Windows 8 security crap. So any ways to install windows 7 on my laptop? It came with windows 8 pre-installed.

nandu26

In the zone
I had bought the 15r turbo (core i7, FHD, 8GB ram) a month ago. It came with 30 days trial of Mcafee security solutions. As the subscriptions were about to end I decided to install eSacn Antivirus (as i had the license already). All went alright and i restarted the laptop but I was shocked to realize the laptop wasn't booting. It kept saying to insert the recovery disk. It didn't even boot into safe mode. The I inserted a Ubuntu live CD just to realize that I had lost all my data (Don't know how, but it seriously bothers me!). When I contacted Dell they just say 'it's because the antivirus was incompatible with windows 8'. They also told me that they'll be sending a Windows 8 disk to me.
I don't wanna loose all my data again just because of some Windows 8 security crap. So any ways to install windows 7 on my laptop? It came with windows 8 pre-installed.

You should uninstall installed antivirus software, reboot and then install new.

I wonder why Dell is providing antivirus which is not used by majority of users.

ratul

█████████████████
this issue seems really odd to me, installing av wiped your data??? :-o
and try to repair the lappy with windows 8 disc if you have it..

123shree

Broken In
this issue seems really odd to me, installing av wiped your data??? :-o
and try to repair the lappy with windows 8 disc if you have it..

Yes. Its kinda odd. The whole hard disk was wiped and was converted into a GPT protective.
I couldn't install any operating system as the hard disk was locked.
I quickly inserted an Ubuntu live CD just to check if my data is there or not. I was shocked to see the partition I created was totally gone and it just showed a partition of 900 odd GB.
Now I have unlocked the partition somehow and running Ubuntu happily.

sasha007

Broken In
Just Loving my new inspiron 17r SE :D :D

BTW just wanted to know should i remove the battery from the laptop when i game on it ?

I tend to plug in my laptop to AC plug 24 x 7 . Would that affect the battery life ?

Also , My 130 W power brick ( with a US connector as i got the laptop from US ) gets HOT while gaming . Is that normal ?

It gets hot to an extent that it gets uncomfortable to touch it . Plz suggest if this is normal .

nandu26

In the zone
Just Loving my new inspiron 17r SE :D :D

BTW just wanted to know should i remove the battery from the laptop when i game on it ?

I tend to plug in my laptop to AC plug 24 x 7 . Would that affect the battery life ?

Also , My 130 W power brick ( with a US connector as i got the laptop from US ) gets HOT while gaming . Is that normal ?

It gets hot to an extent that it gets uncomfortable to touch it . Plz suggest if this is normal .

More the watt, more the heat. I think it is normal.

xeon

Broken In
Are AMD beta drivers better than non-beta ones ?
Should I first Uninstall previous version of catalyst before installing the newer one?

anantkhilnani

Broken In
V.V urgent

I have 7520 inspiron.Problem is Wireless card get disconnected irrespective of signal strength;wireless card driver are upto date but still it gets disconnected every 2-10 min.
And also bluetooth doesn't work.installed drivers but still one driver is still missing.
did anybody has this issues as well. Untitled.jpg:-(

ratul

█████████████████
Are AMD beta drivers better than non-beta ones ?
Should I first Uninstall previous version of catalyst before installing the newer one?

yes, in performance, betas are much better than non-beta ones, but they might arise some inconsistencies, like crashing in some games etc.
for me, betas have always worked better than non-betas..
and it's recommended to uninstall previous drivers before installing new ones..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay I am sure this has been asked countless times before,but I really don't feel like going through all the previous posts.
Can anyone tell me how to limit battery charging to say,80% while the laptop is plugged into the charger?
Need to save those precious discharge cycles.

ratul

█████████████████
Okay I am sure this has been asked countless times before,but I really don't feel like going through all the previous posts.
Can anyone tell me how to limit battery charging to say,80% while the laptop is plugged into the charger?
Need to save those precious discharge cycles.

as far as i remember, there was'nt anything we can do in this laptop to limit the charge.. :(

I have 7520 inspiron.Problem is Wireless card get disconnected irrespective of signal strength;wireless card driver are upto date but still it gets disconnected every 2-10 min.
And also bluetooth doesn't work.installed drivers but still one driver is still missing.
did anybody has this issues as well.View attachment 9408:-(

for wifi driver, please check these threads (are for windows 8, but some steps might work for you too in win7, as wifi disconnection is common problem in win8):
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/networking/169914-wifi-get-conected-but-only-10-sec.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/171006-wifi-problem-windows-8-pro-lenovo-z580.html

for bluetooth drivers, make sure to install latest version of bluetooth driver from here: *www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/indhs1/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520?driverId=139PV&osCode=W764&fileId=3147957535&languageCode=en

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
What the hell! -__- Seriously? :\ Damn that will mess with the discharge cycles. :S Have to keep it in check manually then -__-

Gam3boy

Broken In
i am planning to buy a dell lappy can you people suggest me a good lappy within 50k in which i can play games like crysis3,bf3,Ac3 in low or med setting

Top Bottom