Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Select one from these three !
i7 will be able handle future gaming 3 years ?

i7 will be able handle future gaming 3 years ?

i7 is definitely future proof coz it's a quad-core proccy, and logically implements 8 due to hyper-threading.. :)
quad-cores are future proof for atleast next 10 yrs. in general computing (@homes etc.), as first quad cores by intel (core2quad) were released in 2006-07, and still they are considered to be powerful enough to be able to handle most of the apps..

ratul

█████████████████
Guys, can anyone help me with this problem i am facing from past week...
My bluetooth driver disables itself after every reboot, and i have to install it everytime from Device Manager, and Device Manager shows an intel chipset 1E26 to be corrupted (see spoiler for image) after every reboot, so i uninstalled and reinstalled intel chipset, bluetooth, imei, rapid storage, wifi drivers, yet can't fix this problem, any help???
*i.imgur.com/QUJof.jpg

sam142000

Journeyman
AnandTech - AMD's Holiday Plans: Catalyst 12.11 Performance Driver & New Holiday Game Bundle

12.11 driver about to be launched today. These are being considered as a major performance upgrade drivers.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
ordered my 15R Turbo- core i5, 8 GB, 1 TB, Radeon 7730M, 1080p screen for INR 56011/- post 3% corporate discount from Dell India.
Hope to get delivery by 2nd November.
eagerly awaiting :)

nick191

Journeyman
ordered my 15R Turbo- core i5, 8 GB, 1 TB, Radeon 7730M, 1080p screen for INR 56011/- post 3% corporate discount from Dell India.

Congo for new lappy
please let us know in how many days they delivery your lappy !

ratul

█████████████████
GUYS, GREAT NEWS FOR 15R TURBO OWNERS!!!

New Driver release 12.11beta4 (download) is one of the most influential driver release till date by AMD, most of the reviews on the net are posting 7-30% increase in graphics results, to verify it, i tested it myself with 3dmark11, and guess what, saw a whopping 15% increase in the performance, my score previously P1865 now increased to whopping P2201, a massive increase in my opinion in a beta driver.. :p (remember i predicted earlier it to be touching 2k, but did'nt expected 2.2k..)

About the setup, ran 3dmark11 basic edition, so default settings were used, and 7730m clocked at 665mhz core and 990mhz memory.. (can't go beyond now, earlier tests were with 675mhz core and 1005mhz memory, new drivers have downclocked it by 10mhz.. :p)
Here are the results:
Score P2201 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor

*oi48.tinypic.com/mt8ojp.jpg​

Last edited:

sam142000

Journeyman

New Driver release 12.11beta4 (download) is one of the most influential driver release till date by AMD, most of the reviews on the net are posting 7-30% increase in graphics results, to verify it, i tested it myself with 3dmark11, and guess what, saw a whopping 15% increase in the performance, my score previously P1865 now increased to whopping P2201, a massive increase in my opinion in a beta driver.. :p (remember i predicted earlier it to be touching 2k, but did'nt expected 2.2k..)

About the setup, ran 3dmark11 basic edition, so default settings were used, and 7730m clocked at 665mhz core and 990mhz memory.. (can't go beyond now, earlier tests were with 675mhz core and 1005mhz memory, new drivers have downclocked it by 10mhz.. :p)
Here are the results:
Score P2201 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor

Did you play any game after installing it?? My Crysis 2 was crashing every time after installing this driver.

nandu26

In the zone

What about the screen? Will it be the same as Dell Inspiron 1545, which I am currently using?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
What about the screen? Will it be the same as Dell Inspiron 1545, which I am currently using?

he said 1080p screen it would be far superior than your Inspiron 1545.

every game that i have including crysis 2 worked perfectly for me..

Awesome dude! 2200 is superb!! Do you have any idea of GT 640M of 14" turbo and GT 650M of samsung n550p?

ratul

█████████████████
he said 1080p screen it would be far superior than your Inspiron 1545.

Awesome dude! 2200 is superb!! Do you have any idea of GT 640M of 14" turbo and GT 650M of samsung n550p?

yes, it's a surprise that 7730m reached 2200.. :p
can't specifically say about 640m, but there are some owners of 14R turbo here, let's wait for their view on it..
samsung users can comment for 650m, but recently one of sammy user posted a ~2.3k score on 3dmark11 (link), looks like 7730m is afterall not that of a bad deal.. :p

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yes, it's a surprise that 7730m reached 2200.. :p
can't specifically say about 640m, but there are some owners of 14R turbo here, let's wait for their view on it..
samsung users can comment for 650m, but recently one of sammy user posted a ~2.3k score on 3dmark11, looks like 7730m is afterall not that of a bad deal.. :p

I know man! radeon graphics are awesome.

potheadninja

Broken In

Here are the results:

Thats awesome man, now 7730m flat out beats 640m:). i guess now it is in the same league as of 650m and maybe with a bit of overclocking it can go toe to toe with that card. can you share these results in the samsung np550 thread also? <edited> are still suggesting that laptop over 15r turbo to prospective buyers, maybe this will change their opinion about 7730m.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Thats awesome man, now 7730m flat out beats 640m:). i guess now it is in the same league as of 650m and maybe with a bit of overclocking it can go toe to toe with that card. can you share these results in the samsung np550 thread also? some of the morons there are still suggesting that laptop over 15r turbo to prospective buyers, maybe this will change their opinion about 7730m.

GT 650M is a higher class card it will always remain higher in benchmarks any day. It seems like GT 640M is worse than both. And over clocking is hazardous you might burn your laptop, its a not a gaming rig in which you can overclock like charm. BTW if 650M will get overclocked it will perform like GTX 665M.

ratul

█████████████████
Thats awesome man, now 7730m flat out beats 640m:). i guess now it is in the same league as of 650m and maybe with a bit of overclocking it can go toe to toe with that card. can you share these results in the samsung np550 thread also? some of the morons there are still suggesting that laptop over 15r turbo to prospective buyers, maybe this will change their opinion about 7730m.

well, i agree with rider, GT650m will always be superior, it is meant to be, but remember, 7730m is the lowest one in the 77xx series and 650m is the highest one in GT6xx series, seeing this naming convention:
GT630m=7730m
GT640m=7750m
GT650m=7770m (i know it ain't is like that, but i am just assuming this according to naming conventions.. :twisted:)..

seeing this, 7730m>>>640m, so if we compare 650m with 7770m, i think we know who could be the winner with these new drivers.. :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@pottheninja : Kindly keep a check on your words, and take it as a warning. Plus, I'll personally suggest to ignore trolls. If you really find it offensive, report it.

@pratyush : You are not here to tell who is a noob or whatever, we all very well know the truth about everybody.

On Topic: There is nothing called "class" of a card. gsmarena created that for their own easiness, just like grouping things together. So don't talk like newbies. If a card is powerful, then it is due to its internal architecture, not due to the fact it falls under a "higher group". Plus, directly relating different architecture GPUs by their naming convention is totally wrong.

potheadninja

Broken In
well, i agree with rider, GT650m will always be superior, it is meant to be, but remember, 7730m is the lowest one in the 77xx series and 650m is the highest one in GT6xx series, seeing this naming convention:
GT630m=7730m
GT640m=7750m
GT650m=7770m (i know it ain't is like that, but i am just assuming this according to naming conventions.. :twisted:)..

seeing this, 7730m>>>640m, so if we compare 650m with 7770m, i think we know who could be the winner with these new drivers.. :p

Bro 650m is not the top card of 6xx series and you shouldn't compare cards based on their naming conventions, it doesn't work like that. 630m is a low end card based on last gen fermi architecture and 7730m is based on current gen gcn architecture. Amd would never release a gcn card to compete with a really low end fermi card, 7730m was made to take on the kepler cards like 640m and 650m.

@sujay, sorry man I will report it from now on.

Top Bottom