Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Ratul were u used to play cod 1 multiplayer in kkf server?

umm, cod1??
i played it almost 3-4yrs ago, that time i did'nt knew much about multiplayer.. :p,i only ended it in single player..

i am nowadays playing CS1.6 on random online servers though.. :D

Sharma_Nidhi

Right off the assembly line
Can some1 tell me if the 14r se is better than the 15r se or not...especially if the 1366X768 resolution is better on the 14" screen or the 15" screen?? and is there a lot of difference in speed between 1Tb 5400rpm and 500gb 7200rpm hard drive?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
umm, cod1??
i played it almost 3-4yrs ago, that time i did'nt knew much about multiplayer.. :p,i only ended it in single player..

i am nowadays playing CS1.6 on random online servers though.. :D
come on this server, whats ur nick in CS 1.6? 103.2.238.20:27022

ratul

█████████████████
Can some1 tell me if the 14r se is better than the 15r se or not...especially if the 1366X768 resolution is better on the 14" screen or the 15" screen?? and is there a lot of difference in speed between 1Tb 5400rpm and 500gb 7200rpm hard drive?

imo, it's all upto you which one to choose, performance wise, both are almost equivalent, and it all comes to the portability issues, 15r is quite heavy @ 2.7-2.8kgs, so keep that in mind..
It's obvious that 1366x768 in 14" ~ 1600x900 in 15", so it's better on 14", though dell is providing 1080p in 15"..
And in drive speed, no, their is'nt much difference, both are almost same in the performance, it's something related to platter size increase in 1tb 5400rpm, google it for more info..

come on this server, whats ur nick in CS 1.6? 103.2.238.20:27022

ok, my nick is R@tul..

sam142000

Journeyman
Guys!!
In my laptop there are two bluetooth options in the context menu of any file.

Like when I right click abcd.docx and select 'Send To' the first two options are: 'Bluetooth' and 'Bluetooth' with slightly different looking logos. But only the 2nd one works.

Does anyone else have this problem? Specially those who formatted their laptop. Any suggestions to overcome this problem are most welcome.

Untitled.jpg attached the screenshot

potheadninja

Broken In
@ratul, dude visit the following link Dell Inspiron 14R Special Edition Review - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Reviews , seems like 1gb gt 640m ddr3 in 14r se is much better than our 2gb 7730m. 3dmark11 scores are better than overclocked 7730m (yours), I think with a bit of overclocking it can beat 650m in samsung np550. Also new bios is out here is the link, Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]. Finally , in my laptop the right speaker (the one without the skullcandy logo) sounds a bit louder than the left one, have you observed this in your laptop also? Any input from other 15r se owners on this issue is appreciated. Thanks.

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul, dude visit the following link Dell Inspiron 14R Special Edition Review - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Reviews , seems like 1gb gt 640m ddr3 in 14r se is much better than our 2gb 7730m. 3dmark11 scores are better than overclocked 7730m (yours), I think with a bit of overclocking it can beat 650m in samsung np550. Also new bios is out here is the link, Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]. Finally , in my laptop the right speaker (the one without the skullcandy logo) sounds a bit louder than the left one, have you observed this in your laptop also? Any input from other 15r se owners on this issue is appreciated. Thanks.

yup, it's showing a very different scores than of notebookreview, so it really beats 7730m, though still not much difference (1865 vs 1915 in 3dmark11), but it still beats it, but still we can't say anything about performance, as none of the users here benchmarked 14r SE in real-gaming scenarios, benchmarks and gaming are world's apart..

Downloading bios update right now... :doublethumb:..

Guys!!
In my laptop there are two bluetooth options in the context menu of any file.

Like when I right click abcd.docx and select 'Send To' the first two options are: 'Bluetooth' and 'Bluetooth' with slightly different looking logos. But only the 2nd one works.

Does anyone else have this problem? Specially those who formatted their laptop. Any suggestions to overcome this problem are most welcome.

View attachment 6617 attached the screenshot

well, i formatted my laptop, but mine is normally showing only one icon..
*i.imgur.com/mo7DV.jpg

though i sometimes get a second icon in the taskbar, but i think that's because of the nokia suite, as it only appears when i connect my phone through it, restarting the pc again removes that icon..

sam142000

Journeyman
yup, it's showing a very different scores than of notebookreview, so it really beats 7730m, though still not much difference (1865 vs 1915 in 3dmark11), but it still beats it, but still we can't say anything about performance, as none of the users here benchmarked 14r SE in real-gaming scenarios, benchmarks and gaming are world's apart..

Downloading bios update right now... :doublethumb:..

well, i formatted my laptop, but mine is normally showing only one icon..
*i.imgur.com/mo7DV.jpg

though i sometimes get a second icon in the taskbar, but i think that's because of the nokia suite, as it only appears when i connect my phone through it, restarting the pc again removes that icon..

Got rid of that Bluetooth problem. Just found out a way to delete that icon. :-D

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing

hey Ratul, i have got mine 14R SE...its just awsome...

BTW i dont know how to benchmark it...if anyone want it ill do the benchmarking...just tell me the procedure...

ratul

█████████████████
hey Ratul, i have got mine 14R SE...its just awsome...

BTW i dont know how to benchmark it...if anyone want it ill do the benchmarking...just tell me the procedure...

gr8, congratz.. :doublethumb:..

To benchmark, u'll need to download 3DMark06 and 3DMark11 and install them, then run the benchmark test, if you can download both then it's ok, otherwise try to run 3DMark11 first..
Download links:
3DMark11
3DMark06

Anirban Dev

Broken In
Shout out to all the (probably not many) 17R SE owners. What problems have you guys faced with the Laptop till now? And are they all solvable with software tweaks?

Broken In
Shout out to all the (probably not many) 17R SE owners. What problems have you guys faced with the Laptop till now? And are they all solvable with software tweaks?

Battery Life: I get only 1hr 50 mins.
btw Do U own 17R S.E. and What issues are u facing??

Anirban Dev

Broken In
Battery Life: I get only 1hr 50 mins.
btw Do U own 17R S.E. and What issues are u facing??

Nope, just a final check before actually buying the thing. After following this and the sammie thread for sometime, seemed like this was the model on which one could game with most ease.
btw, is that battery life under heavy load?? Otherwise, something is seriously wrong. Is there no Optimus involved??

Broken In
Nope, just a final check before actually buying the thing. After following this and the sammie thread for sometime, seemed like this was the model on which one could game with most ease.
btw, is that battery life under heavy load?? Otherwise, something is seriously wrong. Is there no Optimus involved??

If U wanna use it with battery, don't buy this one.. U won't be able to use 17 incher on ur lap anyway.. It is huge!!!
If U want battery backup,better get Np550 :)

But I read in reviews that 17R SE gives 4 hrs battery backup,so maybe my battery is faulty.Will change battery @ end of the first year courtesy of Complete cover. Am not using it in battery mode anyway.

If U wanna game this is the laptop...sorry Desktop replacement for you.

I am able to play most games in almost maxed out settings .

Top Bottom