Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

SlayerAndy

Broken In
Same here any one have the 17r se ? and how soon you got it , cuz when I spoke to dell they said 4 weeks delivery cuz its gona be imported from Malaysia
Because if you have to wait that long better get a great laptop with hi end specs from ebay global easybuy .. it takes same time

Get one from the showroom. The showroom here has all the laptops in stock except the Alienwares.

Broken In
Same here any one have the 17r se ? and how soon you got it , cuz when I spoke to dell they said 4 weeks delivery cuz its gona be imported from Malaysia
Because if you have to wait that long better get a great laptop with hi end specs from ebay global easybuy .. it takes same time

hi.. I bought the 17R S.E from Dell...it took 32 days for me to get it... They will order it through a third party for U.. Better get it through Flipkart. I got it through Dell only as I wanted 3yrs C.C..

I got only the cheper i5 0ne ... :)

ratul

█████████████████
yes, dell has really long waiting times, i think if you live in metro cities, the time taken is very less, i got my lappy in ~10days...
Also, due to high demand these days, their might be the delay, and shortage of parts, that's why they had to import from malaysia...
See other sites to buy, and if possible, opt for COD..

chauhan

Broken In
Guys
Del takes approx 28-30 days to ship the Dell 17R. It is ok, trust me its worth the wait. So about the mSATA drive in the 17 R, It is a 32Gb Samsung device of which only 8Gb are being used by the Intel H77 chipset for the Intel smart Response technology (A lovely white paper on this tech is available on the Dell site). Chipset.png
So, technically their is some space available on the mSATA but its not enough for a full installation of windows. I am using this space for a fast cache. Moreover the mSATA is connected on to a SATA 2 interface (This needs to be corroborated by others) This is what Crystal DIsk info tells me.
New BIOS A03 is available for the 17R, addresses some issues about the Graphics card.

potheadninja

Broken In
yes, dell has really long waiting times, i think if you live in metro cities, the time taken is very less, i got my lappy in ~10days...
Also, due to high demand these days, their might be the delay, and shortage of parts, that's why they had to import from malaysia...
See other sites to buy, and if possible, opt for COD..

Hey ratul are you sure you are seeing increase in performance with new drivers? Im getting low fps in witcher 2 after installing the 12.8 drivers. Also can you please tell me your stable oc values for the new drivers and what all games you have tried after over clocking? Thanks.

himanshubias

Broken In
i have bought 15r se one month ago
the catalayst control is showing some prob that i have to again n again configure some app like cod mw3 n assassins creed for high performance
and the app like ccleaner show me that the video card in syatem is intel hd 4000
is it like that only or my gpu is not working properly
n also sometimes just after booting comp goes to hibernate automatically
please help me out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

sam142000

Journeyman
yes the 7730m gpu is not used while i played cod mw3 n hot pursuite
plz tell me that how to change my default gpu to 7730
help!!!!!!!
On home screen right click and select 'Configure switchable graphics'.
Then select all your games as high performance. Browse to the game file if it does not appear there.

himanshubias

Broken In
On home screen right click and select 'Configure switchable graphics'.
Then select all your games as high performance. Browse to the game file if it does not appear there.
i have done that
but whenever i turn off the game switchabel graphics pop up and says the game is not assigned any gpu

ratul

█████████████████
Hey ratul are you sure you are seeing increase in performance with new drivers? Im getting low fps in witcher 2 after installing the 12.8 drivers. Also can you please tell me your stable oc values for the new drivers and what all games you have tried after over clocking? Thanks.

well i tried skyrim, huge improvement, 5-8fps..
GTA IV: 2-3fps
Batman Arkham city: 2-3fps
PES 2013 demo: no improvement
NFS Run: can't say, don't go above 30fps..
Crysis 2: Almost same (1-2fps increase).

Don't have witcher 2, so can't say about that, these are games i tried after 12.8, rest (like prototype) require less power so that's constant 60fps only..
Stable OC value same as previous:
Core: 675mhz
Memory: 1005mhz.

i have bought 15r se one month ago
the catalayst control is showing some prob that i have to again n again configure some app like cod mw3 n assassins creed for high performance
and the app like ccleaner show me that the video card in syatem is intel hd 4000
is it like that only or my gpu is not working properly
n also sometimes just after booting comp goes to hibernate automatically
please help me out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

bro, that's because of enduro in AMD, 7730m won't kick in until needed, what fps are you getting in creed and mw3, i was able to play creed smoothly in highest settings, so if you can too, then 7730m is active..

And no utility will show 7730m (speccy, ccleaner, dxdiag), cause it's not active on the system by default, and you can't make 7730m default, i tried by uninstalling intel drivers, then windows aero was gone, and screen resolution was like 800x600...
7730m is just there when needed, nothing else, if you think it's not working, you can compare your game fps with the one on Notebookcheck.net, mostly you should get higher than that..

Last edited:

himanshubias

Broken In
well i tried skyrim, huge improvement, 5-8fps..
GTA IV: 2-3fps
Batman Arkham city: 2-3fps
PES 2013 demo: no improvement
NFS Run: can't say, don't go above 30fps..
Crysis 2: Almost same (1-2fps increase).

Don't have witcher 2, so can't say about that, these are games i tried after 12.8, rest (like prototype) require less power so that's constant 60fps only..
Stable OC value same as previous:
Core: 675mhz
Memory: 1005mhz.

bro, that's because of enduro in AMD, 7730m won't kick in until needed, what fps are you getting in creed and mw3, i was able to play creed smoothly in highest settings, so if you can too, then 7730m is active..

And no utility will show 7730m (speccy, ccleaner, dxdiag), cause it's not active on the system by default, and you can't make 7730m default, i tried by uninstalling intel drivers, then windows aero was gone, and screen resolution was like 800x600...
7730m is just there when needed, nothing else, if you think it's not working, you can compare your game fps with the one on Notebookcheck.net, mostly you should get higher than that..

but how can it be possible that it kicks in for nfs mw but not for nfs hot pur.. n cod mw3 n creed (i cheaked from amd system moniter)
and when i assign them in "high performance" mode they automatically switch to "not assigned ". catalyst control is going the way it want
cant i disable enduro

ratul

█████████████████
but how can it be possible that it kicks in for nfs mw but not for nfs hot pur.. n cod mw3 n creed (i cheaked from amd system moniter)
and when i assign them in "high performance" mode they automatically switch to "not assigned ". catalyst control is going the way it want
cant i disable enduro

try re-installing drivers from here..
i think there must be something wrong with your drivers, as mine remembers "high performance" setting once i assign it..
unfortunately, you can't disable enduro, the card is made for enduro, it can't kick in without it...

Bhambya

Right off the assembly line
12.8 s changelog says that this driver does not support switchable graphics so I wouldn't recommend installing it

chauhan

Broken In
Guys
Shocking discovery about the dell 17 r. The network adapter is a 10/100Mbps only no giga bit interface. In linux it works with a gigabit realtech driver r8169 which beats me. The wifi driver is the Intel centrino 2230 using the iwlwifi kernel module. About the LAN interface it looks like dell has deliberately kept the speed down to 10/100Mbps despite the gigabit capability of the HM77 Intel chipset. Any ideal for this amazing business strategy?

himanshubias

Broken In
try re-installing drivers from here..
i think there must be something wrong with your drivers, as mine remembers "high performance" setting once i assign it..
unfortunately, you can't disable enduro, the card is made for enduro, it can't kick in without it...

hope it would work
n 12.8 ver is working or not

Top Bottom