Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

savvy

Broken In
Is there any possibilities to get the 15r model with FHD TRUE-LIFE display ???:oops: I really like GLOSSY display....:-x

potheadninja

Broken In
well i tried skyrim, huge improvement, 5-8fps..
GTA IV: 2-3fps
Batman Arkham city: 2-3fps
PES 2013 demo: no improvement
NFS Run: can't say, don't go above 30fps..
Crysis 2: Almost same (1-2fps increase).

Don't have witcher 2, so can't say about that, these are games i tried after 12.8, rest (like prototype) require less power so that's constant 60fps only..
Stable OC value same as previous:
Core: 675mhz
Memory: 1005mhz.

bro, that's because of enduro in AMD, 7730m won't kick in until needed, what fps are you getting in creed and mw3, i was able to play creed smoothly in highest settings, so if you can too, then 7730m is active..

And no utility will show 7730m (speccy, ccleaner, dxdiag), cause it's not active on the system by default, and you can't make 7730m default, i tried by uninstalling intel drivers, then windows aero was gone, and screen resolution was like 800x600...
7730m is just there when needed, nothing else, if you think it's not working, you can compare your game fps with the one on Notebookcheck.net, mostly you should get higher than that..

I dont know how your gpu is handling such clocks man, no matter what I do I can't get past 610 core and 950 memory..are u getting bsod randomly? And is there any structural anomaly in your laptop near the speaker (the one with the skullcandy logo)? In my laptop the back cover is not properly placed so the aluminium casing is slightly bent as it is forced against the speaker, it is nothing serious but it has been bugging me since I noticed it, I tried to fix it by removing the cover but couldn't.

Last edited:

himanshubias

Broken In
try re-installing drivers from here..
i think there must be something wrong with your drivers, as mine remembers "high performance" setting once i assign it..
unfortunately, you can't disable enduro, the card is made for enduro, it can't kick in without it...

the auto detect of 12.8 is also not making cod mw 3 or hot pur with gpu though nfs mw is running with gpu
should i call dell???

ratul

█████████████████
the auto detect of 12.8 is also not making cod mw 3 or hot pur with gpu though nfs mw is running with gpu
should i call dell???

well, then contact dell if you are not getting good fps...

I dont know how your gpu is handling such clocks man, no matter what I do I can't get past 610 core and 950 memory..are u getting bsod randomly? And is there any structural anomaly in your laptop near the speaker (the one with the skullcandy logo)? In my laptop the back cover is not properly placed so the aluminium casing is slightly bent as it is forced against the speaker, it is nothing serious but it has been bugging me since I noticed it, I tried to fix it by removing the cover but couldn't.

nup, mine does'nt have any structural anomaly, can't see any un-natural bend @ the speaker.. (See Spoiler)

*i.imgur.com/NmCQL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/lCVwD.jpg

And i am having completely normal behavior in gaming or any other task after overclock, no bsod, no glitches, nothing, everything working perfectly normal, though i just apply the clocks before gaming, after that i switch to normal clocks again.. :)

sam142000

Journeyman
USB2.jpgUSB 2.0 vs USB3.jpgUSB 3.0 speeds

potheadninja

Broken In
Does anyone know how to manually activate turbo boost? I want to always keep my laptop in that state, also apart from me and ratul has anyone else overclocked 7730m? if so please post your stable clock values.

Last edited:

raj_55555

Journeyman
ASUS G55VW OR Dell Inspiron 17R Special Edition.... which is better in terms of performance and value???
G55VW beats 17R SE hands down IMO, but it costs a lot more too. Also I am not sure whether 17 inches screen is available for this one.

Does anyone know how to manually activate turbo boost? I want to always my laptop in that state, also apart from me and ratul has anyone else overclocked 7730m? if so please post your stable clock values.
Turbo boost is activated all the time by default. I don't think you need to worry about that. I didn't get the time to overclock mine, just a little time crunched. I'll give it a go this weekend.

potheadninja

Broken In
try re-installing drivers from here..
i think there must be something wrong with your drivers, as mine remembers "high performance" setting once i assign it..
unfortunately, you can't disable enduro, the card is made for enduro, it can't kick in without it...

Hey bro please take a picture of your laptop by flipping it upside down, focus near that speaker. Thanks in advance.

Rocktim007

Right off the assembly line
i heard the inspiron 17r SE takes around a month to get after being ordered... is it true?

Whats better? 14r SE with i7 and 2gb 640m vs 17r SE with i5 and 26b 650m gddr5?

Broken In
i heard the inspiron 17r SE takes around a month to get after being ordered... is it true?

Whats better? 14r SE with i7 and 2gb 640m vs 17r SE with i5 and 26b 650m gddr5?

17R S.E takes a month to get THROUGH DELL. better get it through Flipkart :0

Top Bottom