Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

har

In the zone
Is there any possibility of LENOVO y580 launching in india..should i wait for it to come...? also if HP is launching new model in hp dv6 7xxx series with better resolution of 900p or 1080p with gt650m or similar in july-august.

I heard something abt the y580 being available at 63k from my dealer:-?
I am not sure because I was too excited at my delivery and didnt ask back.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Is there any possibility of LENOVO y580 launching in india..should i wait for it to come...? also if HP is launching new model in hp dv6 7xxx series with better resolution of 900p or 1080p with gt650m or similar in july-august.

Check the proper specs and price lenovo y580. Hp might launch new models in august like they done in last year.

Aren't there any official drivers out yet for 7730m?

check on AMD website.

sachin73

Broken In
hi everyone...i want a good future proof laptop which will be used for 3-4 years and my budget is 55-60k.I will use it for watching movies,some sort of gaming etc..Preference is for i7,1080p display or at least 900p,good looking etc.I was going for dell 15r se with i7 but it has ugly looks and AMD 7730 after which samsung np550p5c SO2 IN came before me...:-oit is simply awesome but i am little concerned over samsung as a brand in laptop which is pulling me from buying this...:|Also is hp 7040 tx is worth for going over samsung just because of brand value and as HP is leader in laptop as compare to samsung.should i go for samsung or wait for hp to come with 650m and better resolution in display:-?
i am planning to buy laptop in this month.

please reply guys...

pranavgoel

Broken In

lenovo 580y has some heating issues specially with HDD

har

In the zone
please reply guys...

Samsung is a reputed laptop brand worldwide. Dont worry. And the awesome screen,the even awesomer(if there is such a thing :p) speakers and the gt650m will make you happy for sure. There is no other laptop which can satisfy your needs till 90k !!

sachin73

Broken In
Buy samsung, for now you are getting 2 years of warranty.

what about samsung as a brand in laptop do they provide good after sales support,or should i wait for hp with new model in dv6 7xxx series with gt 650m and better resolution...plz tell me i m really confused:confused:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Did i got lucky or what? When i asked the early adopters of Dell 15R Se about the msata hdd, they said no. It is greyed out. I just got my lappy and cheked and it has Intel Smart Response Technology active. I guess after the recent parts shortage the ordered the other HDDs. Lucky me :p
Doing a clean install now. Just logged in and checked if everything is working or not.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Did i got lucky or what? When i asked the early adopters of Dell 15R Se about the msata hdd, they said no. It is greyed out. I just got my lappy and cheked and it has Intel Smart Response Technology active. I guess after the recent parts shortage the ordered the other HDDs. Lucky me :p
Doing a clean install now. Just logged in and checked if everything is working or not.

Congrats dude :razz:

whats the msata thing u talking??how to check it??is it equivalent to ssd?:-?

raj_55555

Journeyman
antisocialbratt said:
Did i got lucky or what? When i asked the early adopters of Dell 15R Se about the msata hdd, they said no. It is greyed out. I just got my lappy and cheked and it has Intel Smart Response Technology active. I guess after the recent parts shortage the ordered the other HDDs. Lucky me
Are you sure about that? As far as I know the SRT technology uses an SSD. That should cost you more than the normal versions, and you can't fit it later as the daughter board will be absent. Where did you get this from?

Last edited:

terrafield

Broken In
In Dell website, I could not see any option to customize hardware. All I get is option to upgrade MS Office, Warranty and other accessories. Unable to see any option to upgrade RAM, Hard disk etc. I tried with other models as well (XPS, Inspiron R etc).

Is Dell not providing hardware customization nowadays?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How can i turn off the Bluetooth in 15r se? any ideas?

IIRC Inspiron has got F2 switch for turning off wireless connections. Alternatively, if you want to turn off bluetooth only, open bluetooth settings from system tray icon, and there will be an option to turn it off.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Guys who own 15R SE may apply this new update . This has the following fixes:
Fix Intel Graphic issue about L3 DYNAMIC PARITY FEATURE, Fix DF547484 ST_Turbo, BSoD 116 happens while playing game Batman: Arkham Asylum.

pranavgoel

Broken In
any one who is interested in buying 15 inc laptop so chk lenovo y580
specs: i7, 6gb , 1tb, GTX 660m 2gb ddr5 graphics , 1080p screen

Price--- 63k

girishpaiv

Journeyman
15R SE 3DMARK 06 Score: 10606 :)
Link :AMD Radeon HD 7750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 05TJ3M score: 10606 3DMarks

Price--- 63k

Where did u confirmed the price??
Its simply the best spec at the price !!!:twisted:

sachin73

Broken In

Price--- 63k

is it available in delhi...?:-oplease tell me if it is availbale than it will defntly be my choice over samsung 550 i7.:razz:

Top Bottom