Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Guys, there is no 1080p FHD screen option while configuring 15R SE on the Dell India site. :|

Is this a joke? All other countries have got the FHD screen option for 15R SE.

When can we expect the FHD option to be added? Rest of the config. looks fine.

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
I am tied b\w the 17 R SE and the Samsung one . Money is not the major issue.
Im a bit worried in buying the Samsung one after seeing the throttling issues and I am afraid how the driver support for Samsung will be .
What will be real life advantages of the i7 over the i5 . I will mostly need it for gaming . If i use it for coding and programming will i5 be a hindrance ?
17r SE's RAM is also user expandable right ?
My budget would be extendable to 70k if I get something worth it . Thanks alot .

Same here...please help us out...

ratul

█████████████████
Guys, there is no 1080p FHD screen option while configuring 15R SE on the Dell India site. :|

Is this a joke? All other countries have got the FHD screen option for 15R SE.

When can we expect the FHD option to be added? Rest of the config. looks fine.

don't expect it to come in india now, as when these models were launched, there was a speculation that 1080p will come here as their site mentioned it, but now the site has been edited and 1080p has been removed :(, so i think they dropped the idea of 1080p in india.. See below:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8010/7526016868_e18fb75f3d_b.jpg
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7526017122_8962e581d2_b.jpg

Last edited:

sachin73

Broken In
@rider
i dont want samsung laptops..my preference is only for HP or DELL.Is there any possibility of hp launching dv6 7xxx series with 1080p and gt650m soon as i am planning to buy laptop this month.my budget is 55-60k.Also i have heard that both dell and hp are launching new models in august..is it true??should i wait or chose between hp dv6 7040tx and dell 15rse with i7...plz help:-?

raj_55555

Journeyman
Same here...please help us out...
I was going for the one with the i7 processor, and then changed my mind to the i5 one after a bit research. There are hardly any games that will perform better in i7 than in i5, and that too will not be noticeable.

In fact there have been many instances where the i5 has performed better than the i7 model :-?. Here's a reference.

I think it's safe to say that you can save the 10k for some other purpose and go with the i5 one if you are interested "only" in gaming.

The i7 one will be handy for people into photoshop, rendering and stuff.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Core-i7 is recommended for hardcore gaming, pics and video editing stuff. thanks to its superb hyper threading.

@rider
i dont want samsung laptops..my preference is only for HP or DELL.Is there any possibility of hp launching dv6 7xxx series with 1080p and gt650m soon as i am planning to buy laptop this month.my budget is 55-60k.Also i have heard that both dell and hp are launching new models in august..is it true??should i wait or chose between hp dv6 7040tx and dell 15rse with i7...plz help:-?

I don't there is any 15" windows laptop in India which comes with a quad core core-i7 and 1080p screen except this model.

Dell will launch a new XPS 15 1080p this month which will starts from $1300 USD or 72k+ INR with nvidia GT 630M.

chinmaya

Journeyman
Core-i7 is recommended for hardcore gaming, pics and video editing stuff. thanks to its superb hyper threading.

I don't there is any 15" windows laptop in India which comes with a quad core core-i7 and 1080p screen except this model.

Dell will launch a new XPS 15 1080p this month which will starts from $1300 USD or 72k+ INR with nvidia GT 630M.

with a gt 630, it is not vfm anymore....:-x waited for 6 months for xps 3rd gen but priced so high

sam142000

Journeyman
Just made the payment for Inspiron 15R SE i7 edition with 3 year extended warranty.
Will get it by next to next week. :cool:

raj_55555

Journeyman
Guys! Check this out! Here's a RAM with the exact specs as the Dell inspiron 15R SE. With 11-11-11 CAS latency and 1.5 V. Unfortunately I couldn't find a 4GB model.

Top Bottom