Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
hey guys...
i have just bought my new dell inspiron 15r se from nehru place...
can you guys please tell me how to partition the hdd?

Guys i just recieved my 15rse laptop.!
I never have used a laptop before.
How do i switch graphics from the intel 4000 hd to radeon 7730 hd..?
isn't it supposed to be a automatic switch for demanding applications(games).?
i ran the assassin's creed 3 on my laptop the graphics were shitty and the game was a bit laggy not smooth.
How do i know whether my 7730hd is working or not.?:cry:

hkb14

Right off the assembly line
i ran the assassin's creed 3 on my laptop the graphics were shitty and the game was a bit laggy not smooth.

In the desktop...right click and click and switchable graphics.....then add assassins creed and change it to high performance..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
hey guys...

use easues partition manager, and do partition as much you want. my recomendation for partition of c drive is 100GB

go to amd control panel. Browse and set your application (game) to run as high performance.

josin

In the zone

Click the Start button and select Programs
Click Catalyst Control Center
Click Power and select Switchable Graphics
Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU

I would like to inform you that the integrated graphics cannot be completely disabled and the AMD GPU will not have the thorough control which is by design. Please assign the applications that you would use frequently by selecting "High performance” instead of “Not Assigned’ and the applications used rarely to “Power Saving” In order to check as to which card is being used, please install any game and test it on The Integrated Graphics and The AMD graphics.

Acoustichead

Broken In
How to get that corporate discount or defense personnel discount? Can anyone who has got either of them explain how to get it?

Ask the dell representative. He will explain what to do to get an corporate / defense discount.
For me, I work with Wipro. He sent me the quotation for the laptop i wanted to buy on my Wipro email ID. All I had to do was reply back with the shipping address and after 1-2 hours, he sent me the revised price with a 5% discount.

josin

In the zone
hey guys...

go here
EaseUS Free Partition Manager features. Hard disk partition management for Windows PC and Server: create, delete, format, resize/move, convert, split and merge hard disk partition/volume, etc.

*www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

how to

EaseUS Partition Manager Software Online Manual

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
@rider @josin
Thanks... Partition done.. easy

i got my laptop for 63k at nehru place without having to wait a single hour.. :)
its the 8gb version with back-lit keyboard.
I also got a dell wireless mouse.. and a targus synergy 2.0 backpack
the laptop was 59,999 plus vat @ 5%

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Okay then. If there is some problem with the defense discount I'll ask my bro to order it from his ibm account. :)
Placed an order for the 17r se. Waiting for the call tomorrow. Lets hope they hurry up.
Anyone else ordered the 17r edition?

chinmaya

Journeyman
No. Not in ebay, nor n flipkart. But as I said (very recently), my only intention being Gaming I am going with the core i5 model. I've managed to find a seller in kolkata who is selling this for 45k :D, will be there tomorrow. And if all goes well, I'll be having a brand new laptop by wednesday..

please tell me how did u manage such a bargain:shock:!!!!!!!!!!!!! is he a dealer or some person who has bought it and wants to sell?

raj_55555

Journeyman
@CoolAnkush and @arani
I am so sorry to disappoint you guys, but trust me I was heartbroken.
I was told by the Dell Exclusive store guys at Kankurgachi that they have the SE model, and that it had just arrived. They quoted the price at 45k+5% VAT.

I took early leave at office and went there, but unfortunately those ignorant fools don't know the difference between a special edition inspiron, and a normal inspiron with 3rd gen proccy. Damn fools!!
Then I went to chandni chowk, visited all the big stores but to no avail. And to my surprise even they were unaware of any such model. :evil::evil::evil:

I am so frustrated right now, I will ask the Dell salesperson to send me an updated quote with i5, and if possible with 8GB RAM.

Sorry guys!

chinmaya

Journeyman
@CoolAnkush and @arani
I am so sorry to disappoint you guys, but trust me I was heartbroken.
I was told by the Dell Exclusive store guys at Kankurgachi that they have the SE model, and that it had just arrived. They quoted the price at 45k+5% VAT.

I took early leave at office and went there, but unfortunately those ignorant fools don't know the difference between a special edition inspiron, and a normal inspiron with 3rd gen proccy. Damn fools!!
Then I went to chandni chowk, visited all the big stores but to no avail. And to my surprise even they were unaware of any such model. :evil::evil::evil:

I am so frustrated right now, I will ask the Dell salesperson to send me an updated quote with i5, and if possible with 8GB RAM.

Sorry guys!

sooo sad:cry:. i am sorry for u.

arani

whiz kid
@raj_55555

its okay..no harm no foul :)

i too called up the kankurgachi dell store..one day they say that the SE is gonna arrive by June-end and the other day they say it may take up to 2 months!!! :O

srsly!! wt a bunch of ignorant fools!! anyway i am in talks with a local dealer..he said that he will be able to provide the price and details of the SE within 5 days..eagerly awaitn!!

Top Bottom