Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Guys I have ordered Inspiron 15R SE from dell website...my order status is Manufacturing build complete so I will get it in a few days time...will post a complete review then...as for anyone who is planning to buy a laptop I must say this one is best bet as of now...the specs are really good on paper.

One more thing, many people here are asking how to get Form 39 or Form 50...so here is the answer;
Actually Form 39(In my case as I live in UP) and form 50 are nothing but just proof given by your locals sales tax office which proves that you have paid the VAT before bringing any item in the state.
To obtain it you just need to go to your local sales tax office, and get form 39 or 50 against your order Quotation...thats it!!

What is the conf and of your laptop? And you mean to say that you don't have to pay an extra penny to purchase in UP?

aryan.838

Broken In
What is the conf and of your laptop? And you mean to say that you don't have to pay an extra penny to purchase in UP?

Core i5/4GB DDR3/1TB/7730M Radeon/15.6" Screen...this is the config with backlit keyboard
Cost 52,572INR...and I had to pay Rs 250 for obtaining Form-39 from STO.

n64freak

Broken In
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

There you go. A mean machine, if there ever was one.With 3D too, so pretty much a complete package. And for anyone with a big enough budget, this should be a good buy. So I guess this kills all hope for an XPS notebook line, they'll end up being a pure ultrabook range now. And the Inspiron R is probably the next gaming range to buy

raj_55555

Journeyman
rider said:
LOL, where i used racist words. I don't even say anything about their race, i said "american idiots" this is nothing related to racism. Sorry, if anything hurts you.
lols.. I am not really an American, so it didn't hurt me. However it does meet the definition of racism (abuse based on geographic ancestry), but that's another argument. Anyways, no harm done :)

As for the topic of inspiron, I am worried that the prices may rise, rupee has exceeded 57. :(

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

There you go. A mean machine, if there ever was one.With 3D too, so pretty much a complete package. And for anyone with a big enough budget, this should be a good buy. So I guess this kills all hope for an XPS notebook line, they'll end up being a pure ultrabook range now. And the Inspiron R is probably the next gaming range to buy

Now, this is some good s**t!! :-D
These special editions are temporarily replacement in low prices, it would be replaced by new XPS lineup.

How much is the same model with non 3D 1080p screen?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Will a cooling pad be needed for 15r SE ??Will it help raise the life lime of the lap in long run??then which one for near 1k?
and what all other stuffs will help??
any tips you know pls share.Cos its gonna be my first laptop!! :)

ratul

█████████████████
Will a cooling pad be needed for 15r SE ??Will it help raise the life lime of the lap in long run??then which one for near 1k?
and what all other stuffs will help??
any tips you know pls share.Cos its gonna be my first laptop!! :)

me too... :-D.
it's mine first too, and also can anybody explain how to minimize the battery wearout level on this type of gaming lappy.. :wink:

n64freak

Broken In
Didn't configure it mate, just go to the site, and filter the computers by 17" screen size. You'll see three options, one the 64k wala, then this one lakh monster, then the alienware. And @rider, there is no such option :|
It's either the low cost monster, without the FHD and 8GB and i7, or it's bigger brother, who's got 3D. No in-between, nor any option to upgrade the lower one's screen :/

Oh, and did anyone notice? It's got BD-write capability, as well as an additional SSD drive :|

sisley

Broken In

this is a true beast:shock:

best config. in dell
-8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
-mSATA SSD - 32GB
-GT 650M GDDR5 2GB 3D
-17.3" 3D Capable FHD
-12.7" Tray Load Blu-ray)

If its available in india i hope someone in this forum buys it:wink:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Didn't configure it mate, just go to the site, and filter the computers by 17" screen size. You'll see three options, one the 64k wala, then this one lakh monster, then the alienware. And @rider, there is no such option :|
It's either the low cost monster, without the FHD and 8GB and i7, or it's bigger brother, who's got 3D. No in-between, nor any option to upgrade the lower one's screen :/

Oh, and did anyone notice? It's got BD-write capability, as well as an additional SSD drive :|

In tech specs of 17R SE:
There are 3 display options.
17.3" HD+ WLED True-Life (1600x900)
17.3" FHD WLED Anti-Glare (1920x1080)
17.3" 3D Capable FHD WLED True-Life (1920x1080)

17.3" FHD WLED Anti-Glare (1920x1080) will be coming soon and should be of 75k.

n64freak

Broken In
@Rider, yeah that part I noticed too. But they've given only two preset options as of now, with no option to customize them :|

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Don't look on those american reseller rating sites. These sites of full of bad reviews in every brand. First of all keep in mind there is no laptop that is as good as dell inspiron in the market right now. And you won't that great service in asus like dell. Asus doesn't offer damage protection warranty and all. Asus service group is not that big as hp and dell.

Yeah I guess so.. Any brand I browse for there, I get bad reviews... I probably be going for Dell Inspiron 15R SE, inspite of its higher cost, as I will be needing a backlit keyboard, which is kind of necessary for working in dark and due the fact of never ever typed much on laptops before. :wink:

The GPU is also decent, but I sure would have chose the normal Inspiron 15R over this higher GPU SE version, as I am kind of trying to giving up gaming. And plan to do so slowly..:-D..Only thing stopping is backlit keyboard now.

In fact I could use this extra 6k to buy a graphic tablet for working on some videos and diagrams..

Asus laptops looks cheap and VFM because they don't come with pre-loaded genuine windows 7, you have to spend 6-7k more to buy genuine windows from the market if you want good performance and updates. Very few people buy Asus laptop, though they produces fine laptops.

I was inclined toward ASUS because of its ice cool technology, which supposedly keeps palm resting cool and games dont cause much damage to lappy.. But now from review by Sisley, I guess I dont have to worry about the heating issues in this model..:mrgreen:

far

Keep Going!
I went to a dell store today..they are offering wireless mouse, bluetooth headset free with the same online prices for the 15R SE... the specs are good on the SE but i was drawn back by the looks...ugly:(...making me think on this one....

but the normal 15r has metalfinish and looks awesome..

arani

whiz kid
i did but they said it will take 2 months!!!!! :O which is crazy coz its alrdy available in other metro cities!!

raj_55555

Journeyman
Guys!! I couldn't take it anymore. I have decided to order the 15R SE with i7 :p

Once again a lot of thanks to rider, he pointed me to it :). The only downside will be the harassment I am about to face at the sales tax office :(

BTW still wondering whether I should go with the 4GB and upgrade later, or will that cause any compatibility issues?? :?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Guys!! I couldn't take it anymore. I have decided to order the 15R SE with i7 :p

Once again a lot of thanks to rider, he pointed me to it :). The only downside will be the harassment I am about to face at the sales tax office :(

BTW still wondering whether I should go with the 4GB and upgrade later, or will that cause any compatibility issues?? :?

Go on brother, buy it asap! I have been in hp dv6 thread from months and see many users upgraded from 4GB to 8GB like me, and not a single person get any kind of issue. Before running laptop for the first time plug an extra 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM, forget it and live in the gaming paradise. :mrgreen:

Top Bottom