Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Acoustichead

Broken In
:lol:
well, prices'll rise as we have seen in case of HP 7xxx series, also because of decrease in value of rupee against dollar... :cry:

but, i have posted config earlier in the post, 15r SE, i7, 8gb RAM, 1tb HDD, backlit, 3yr. premium support, accessories: BT headset, HDMI cables, Wireless mouse, Targus Synergy Backpack, 36month Mcafee.. :razz:

yea dats the sad part about the price rise :-(. I will buy by atleast July start...hope they dont increase by then.....yea i browsed through and aw ur post...Damn nice config...I am going for 4gb RAM instead of 8gb...wil go for upgrade later on...i save money dat way...

n64freak

Broken In
The price just keeps rising -_- And did anyone notice the 17" SE? They've two options now, kinda like a mid range gaming PC and a high end one. The second option ships with a FHD screen and 8 gigs of RAM, as well as an i7. At almost a lakh. Since when did Inspiron become a gaming line?

ratul

█████████████████
:lol:

yea dats the sad part about the price rise :-(. I will buy by atleast July start...hope they dont increase by then.....yea i browsed through and aw ur post...Damn nice config...I am going for 4gb RAM instead of 8gb...wil go for upgrade later on...i save money dat way...

yes, but remember about the RAM timings discussed before upgrading the ram..:wink:

The price just keeps rising -_- And did anyone notice the 17" SE? They've two options now, kinda like a mid range gaming PC and a high end one. The second option ships with a FHD screen and 8 gigs of RAM, as well as an i7. At almost a lakh. Since when did Inspiron become a gaming line?

Can you share the link for 17r SE with an i7 & FHD, i can see in tech specs, but it's not available to choose yet..

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

It was of 58k when it first come with core-i5, now they raised to 64k of the same model may be due to high demand.
Now, this is called MARKETING.

arani

whiz kid
@raj_55555

for delivery in kolkata, u have to get the Form-50 from ur local sales tax office, fill it up and send it 2 Dell India and only then they will be able to ship to kolkata..i am having the same problem myself.. :(

raj_55555

Journeyman
@arani :( Damn it!! Why us??
Please do let me know of the procedures if you go to get the forms. I will highly appreciate that. :)

And BTW anybody still wondering, it's confirmed. 15R SE has gigabit Ethernet, 17R SE doesn't :p
Strange though!

arani

whiz kid
@raj_55555

i think it wd b better to wait 4 these laptops 2 b available at flipkart..we wont have to take the burden of these problems then..

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Hi Everyone.. I 've gone through this entire thread last night as I am also looking for similar laptop as one which is being discussed here.

And I would like to thank all especially "Sisely" for the reviews and comments.

Personally I was nt impressed with the dell brand because of various bad reviews at various places (like here and here).. Also there was description of poor reviews in this thread itself (here) where every person rated poorly for it.

The SE and the New Dell Inspiron 15R looks great for my needs (moderate gaming and good battery backup without heating issues) but I am still afraid about the ASS of brand.

Before this I had ASUS K53SM in mind and then I came across this forum where even ATI Radeon 7670M (of non SE) looks better than this 630M of ASUS.. I am so confused.. I am not big fan of ASUS or Dell as this is going to be my first laptop, but I am afraid of making wrong decision. Help please.

sisley

Broken In
Hi Everyone.. I 've gone through this entire thread last night as I am also looking for similar laptop as one which is being discussed here.

Personally I was nt impressed with the dell brand because of various bad reviews at various places (like here and here).. Also there was description of poor reviews in this thread itself (here) where every person rated poorly for it.

The SE and the New Dell Inspiron 15R looks great for my needs (moderate gaming and good battery backup without heating issues) but I am still afraid about the ASS of brand.

Before this I had ASUS K53SM in mind and then I came across this forum where even ATI Radeon 7670M (of non SE) looks better than this 630M of ASUS.. I am so confused.. I am not big fan of ASUS or Dell as this is going to be my first laptop, but I am afraid of making wrong decision. Help please.

u have looked at all general and technical data for 15R SE here and i presume also for ASUS K53SM at other threads........to satisfy ur curiousity u need to go to ur nearest dell and asus store and take demo.....if u have any specific questions abt 15SE ask here.....dell xps and inspiron exteriors were not so gud earlier but they have improved much in this SE but still not so gud

vipulgreattt

Broken In
u need to go to ur nearest dell and asus store and take demo.....

Well I will probably go tomorrow to have a look at both of these at Nehru Place market (delhi)..

Other than ASS Dell Inspiron 15R SE looks really tempting.. I wish there were option to customize to low HDD (750 GB 5600 rpm) or something like that, as I have budget of 45k.. :cry:

I know you just got the Dell, but it will be really helpful if anyone had an experience with Dell ASS.. Is it good? bad??

Overall (Quality wise, VFM and ASS) where does Dell stand as compared to ASUS and Sony??

Last edited:

tushar mathur

Right off the assembly line
i'm also thinking of buying the 15r se(i5+7730) laptop as it fits into my budget (<50k).
i wanted to ask that will the above processor+gpu be enough to run games for 3 years on low to med settings?
and how much upgrade does the i7 provide over i5?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
i'm also thinking of buying the 15r se(i5+7730) laptop as it fits into my budget (<50k).
i wanted to ask that will the above processor+gpu be enough to run games for 3 years on low to med settings?
and how much upgrade does the i7 provide over i5?

If you looking to buy a laptop for 3-4 years. I would suggest you to get core-i7, its future proof and a quad core with hyper threading.

Don't look on those american reseller rating sites. These sites of full of bad reviews in every brand. First of all keep in mind there is no laptop that is as good as dell inspiron in the market right now. And you won't that great service in asus like dell. Asus doesn't offer damage protection warranty and all. Asus service group is not that big as hp and dell. Asus laptops looks cheap and VFM because they don't come with pre-loaded genuine windows 7, you have to spend 6-7k more to buy genuine windows from the market if you want good performance and updates. Very few people buy Asus laptop, though they produces fine laptops.

har

In the zone
@tushar--just like rider said, go with the i7. More future proof.

@sisley--you sure are lucky !! A lot of 14r se and 15r se users have been experiencing random BSOD's, especially when they try to run the windows experience rating :|. But you dont seem to be facing those problems. So I guess they have been sorted out by now.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@tushar--just like rider said, go with the i7. More future proof.

@sisley--you sure are lucky !! A lot of 14r se and 15r se users have been experiencing random BSOD's, especially when they try to run the windows experience rating :|. But you dont seem to be facing those problems. So I guess they have been sorted out by now.

Are those BSOD users are from our india or american idiots? :-D

har

In the zone
Are those BSOD users are from our india or american idiots? :-D

Australian and malaysian idiots :-D
It seems to have been some hardware problem as dell replaced their laptops and since have been working fine.

har

In the zone
@rider--Do you know the prices of the V3 series of acer notebooks with ivy bridge in india ?? Abroad for 850$ it packs 2.3-GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU, 6GB of RAM, a 500GB 5,400-rpm hard drive and Nvidia GeForce GT 640M GPU with 2GB of VRAM and scores 12780 in 3dmark06:-D

@raj--yeah sorry

far

Keep Going!
Guys! I know you all are just kidding, but lets not bring in Racism.

yeah....exactly ...lets not do this....

hopefully we get some competitors for 15r se from other brands so that buyers get to party with good deals...

i'm on the verge of buying a laptop

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yeah....exactly ...lets not do this....

hopefully we get some competitors for 15r se from other brands so that buyers get to party with good deals...

i'm on the verge of buying a laptop

hp india is definitely bringing a core-i7 model with GT 650M in a month or so.

Guys! I know you all are just kidding, but lets not bring in Racism.

LOL, where i used racist words. :-? I don't even say anything about their race, i said "american idiots" this is nothing related to racism. Sorry, if anything hurts you.

@rider--Do you know the prices of the V3 series of acer notebooks with ivy bridge in india ?? Abroad for 850$ it packs 2.3-GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU, 6GB of RAM, a 500GB 5,400-rpm hard drive and Nvidia GeForce GT 640M GPU with 2GB of VRAM and scores 12780 in 3dmark06:-D

@raj--yeah sorry

This would be no less than 50k in India, and it is of acer, the worst laptop brand. Nobody nowadays spends more than 30-35k on acers.

Last edited:

aryan.838

Broken In
Guys I have ordered Inspiron 15R SE from dell website...my order status is Manufacturing build complete so I will get it in a few days time...will post a complete review then...as for anyone who is planning to buy a laptop I must say this one is best bet as of now...the specs are really good on paper.

One more thing, many people here are asking how to get Form 39 or Form 50...so here is the answer;
Actually Form 39(In my case as I live in UP) and form 50 are nothing but just proof given by your locals sales tax office which proves that you have paid the VAT before bringing any item in the state.
To obtain it you just need to go to your local sales tax office, and get form 39 or 50 against your order Quotation...thats it!!

Top Bottom