Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

girishpaiv

Journeyman
You should have checked early pages of this thread where I did mentioned about these discounts you can avail.

i hav read that n even searched every possible discounts from dell like govt employee ,student etc...
but the showroom guy which i thought will be official dell guy too told me that they had this offer earlier but not anymore!!!! so i just had no option but buy!!!!

latr i chatted with dell guys online n found that these dicounts are only for online purchase n not even for online purchace via dell exclusive shwroom

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
i hav read that n even searched every possible discounts from dell like govt employee ,student etc...
but the showroom guy which i thought will be official dell guy too told me that they had this offer earlier but not anymore!!!! so i just had no option but buy!!!!

latr i chatted with dell guys online n found that these dicounts are only for online purchase n not even for online purchace via dell exclusive shwroom

You should have consulted earlier :(.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Just spoke to the dell guys now, I will get a 5% corporate discount :D.

But they can't ship in kolkata, or atleast they need me to get them some sort road permit for them to ship to kolkata. That sucks!!

himgar

Broken In
I have talked to Dell Sales Representative regarding the discounts.

They told 3% discount for purchase of 35K - 55K and 5% for purchase of >55K because my family member is in govt service and not because I am a student.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Hey anybody in West bengal aware of this scenario regarding road permit? I recall there was someone from kolkata who ordered 15r SE here.. HELP!! :(

n64freak

Broken In
It's only with core-i5. And not available for now, according to one of this forum user who taked dell india about this. The weight is 3.4kg which affects in portability. All'n all getting GT 650M in 65k is steal at this price tag.

Well, for gaming purposes, will the processor effect a lot? I mean, if I play, for instance BF3 for two hours or so on an average per day, will I see much increase in performance with the i5? As for weight, I guess that's managable, it'll most probably be sitting on my table, on not doing much travelling till my vacations :razz:

rider;1682293 And not available for now said:
I talked to some reps as well, yesterday and today, and they told me it would take three weeks for delivery, as it "has to be shipped from Malaysia" -__-" But otherwise, will this be a good future proof gaming device? Or should I opt for the 15R SE? As far as benchmarks are concerned, the 650m beats this hands down, but will the ppi be noticeably lower?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Well, for gaming purposes, will the processor effect a lot? I mean, if I play, for instance BF3 for two hours or so on an average per day, will I see much increase in performance with the i5? As for weight, I guess that's managable, it'll most probably be sitting on my table, on not doing much travelling till my vacations :razz:

I talked to some reps as well, yesterday and today, and they told me it would take three weeks for delivery, as it "has to be shipped from Malaysia" -__-" But otherwise, will this be a good future proof gaming device? Or should I opt for the 15R SE? As far as benchmarks are concerned, the 650m beats this hands down, but will the ppi be noticeably lower?

Good to see dell is providing laptops from malaysia, it would be definitely of better quality. Dell India degrade the quality in customization if customized in india, hope they get this, thats why taking from malaysia.

If you don't care about weigh of the laptop. Get it ASAP!!

Hey anybody in West bengal aware of this scenario regarding road permit? I recall there was someone from kolkata who ordered 15r SE here.. HELP!! :(

Dell India is not responsible the state govt is charging taxes for this.

RON28

Cyborg Agent

don't worry, check out flipkart, all new DELL laptops have arrived with "coming soon" tag, you can get super fast delivery anywhere in INDIA :razz:

n64freak

Broken In
@Rider, sorry to pester you mate, but yeah :p I saw on the spec sheet for the 17R SE that it came with a 10/100 ethernet port, while the 15 R SE comes with a 10/100/1000 port. Will it change anything in my connection to the internet if I want to play online?

n64freak

Broken In
don't worry, check out flipkart, all new DELL laptops have arrived with "coming soon" tag, you can get super fast delivery anywhere in INDIA :razz:

Does anyone have any idea when Flipkart plans to procure them? I mean, even Dell India reps say it'll deliver in only one month :-? Should I order now, and wait for it to come, or order off Flipkart? Cause flipkart usually delivers within the week :-?

couldn't find it, could you post the link please?

Dell Laptops List India: Flipkart.com
The ones without the prices are the new ones.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@Rider, sorry to pester you mate, but yeah :p I saw on the spec sheet for the 17R SE that it came with a 10/100 ethernet port, while the 15 R SE comes with a 10/100/1000 port. Will it change anything in my connection to the internet if I want to play online?

No, I don't think so all laptops have same ethernet ports you would get same speed in all. :-D

To be more clear, ask someone who knows about networking.

n64freak

Broken In
Man, that bender in your picture keeps reminding me I have to finish Futurama u_u

@Raj, you'll wait till flipkart stocks it? I'm going ahead and ordering on monday, to hell with it -_-

raj_55555

Journeyman
lols.. not sure right now.
Spoke to the Dell guys just a couple of minutes earlier. FYI the actual costs of these special editions are 8K less than being charged. E.g. core i7+4GB cost is Rs. 49773.95.
The extra Rs. 5652.67 is the countervail duty and Rs. 2803.91 is the central service tax.

And then add 5% VAT to it. DAMN!! :O

Top Bottom