Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

chinmaya

Journeyman
IMO the reason why it's not supported is because it's not as readily available as some of it's competitors are. As a matter of fact, I planned on buying an MSI laptop, but couldn't find a reliable shop. It wasn't available online and also I was afraid because of the lack of service centers etc.

+1. same here

josin

In the zone
*www.deltapage.com/list/laptop.pdf

scroll down and you can see the Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN price is TRUE:-x

chinmaya

Journeyman
+1. same here

*www.deltapage.com/list/laptop.pdf

scroll down and you can see the Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN price is TRUE:-x

as per my enquiry the price in hyd is 59k including all taxes. but the shopkeeper who is an acquaintance of mine suggested me not to go with samsung because it has many service issues, it seems they had many bad experiences previously.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
as per my enquiry the price in hyd is 59k including all taxes. but the shopkeeper who is an acquaintance of mine suggested me not to go with samsung because it has many service issues, it seems they had many bad experiences previously.

these price list are overpriced, my laptop was of 59.5k in this list but I got for 57k plus 1k free accessories from hp distributor nehru place, delhi.

BTW where do you live?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Does the Dell provides the Softwares installed in the windows on a separate dvd? Or do i have to download them from somewhere on their website?

Preparing myself for a clean install. Already downloaded all the drivers and placed all the software in a folder which i will need on it. :p

15r users...:boink:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Does the Dell provides the Softwares installed in the windows on a separate dvd? Or do i have to download them from somewhere on their website?

Preparing myself for a clean install. Already downloaded all the drivers and placed all the software in a folder which i will need on it. :p

It's better to keep windows as it is, some bloatwares are useful and it hardly effect on your high performance laptop.

You can uninstall things like dock and cartoon game etc manually. :-D

har

In the zone
15r users...:boink:

LOL :lol: Its no big deal.New laptops get launched very often. No use crying over something better because a better one will be launched the very next month. Besides I think one of the members had mentioned this model a long time ago but nobody believed the prices :wink:

BTW why isnt a non bluray version available ?

Guys got the quotes :
i5 version=49000 rs including 3 year warranty
i7 version=58000 rs including 3 year warranty but its with bluray. The shopkeeper said he will check for i7 non blu ray model.

So I have decided on i5 for now. A good deal ?? Will buy day after tomorrow probably. Hope dv6 is launched pricely :D

Last edited:

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Hey guys,

@rider, thanks for the reply

I called the Compusoft System people...they say that they do not have any models of the laptop at their shop...according to them, the laptops are available only on the online store at the price mentioned and they have no other info...:?::?::?:

They are located at Coimbatore, not far from where I live...:-o:wink:

har

In the zone
It will definitely be available at coimbatore !! Its available in my town Kollam from 49k with 3yr warrantywhich is kinda like a village :p

And the shopkeeper(he's a personal friend) was extremely happy I was going for a Samsung. He said they are really good !!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Please guys, we are talking offtopic, it is a inspiron thread, lets discuss samsung laptops in laptop queries thread.

har

In the zone
Please guys, we are talking offtopic, it is a inspiron thread, lets discuss samsung laptops in laptop queries thread.

:p yeah !! I was gonna say the same thing !! Still anybody gonna buy the inspiron now that the samsung's here ?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Yes, those who wanna spend in more reliable brand with accidental damage care warranty will still buy inspiron. Remember nobody has these samsung laptops yet in our forum.
Also the normal editions are still the best option for low budget buyers.

samudragupta

Youngling
@samudragupta--REVIEWS:

NOTEBOOKCHECK REVIEW:
Review Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
my bad... however i was looking for a review from a tdf user, like heating issues etc...
Samsung Series 5 550P review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Laptops and netbooks
Google Translate

And new xps is here. It just costs 80k and only a gt640m :(

@rider:heres the link regarding heating:
Anyone here have the NP550P7C 17"?

Its a driver issue because gt650m is new. It will get sorted out.

I am already trying to find its availability in Kollam. It also comes with 2yrs intl warranty standard i think :mrgreen:

there you go... thats where other brands need to improve...
+1

har

In the zone
The dell's still one heck of a deal !! 7730m is pretty close to gt650m.

offtopic:samsung is considered very reliable by the shops in my town. They have been recommending that to me for days. And my uncle abroad swears by samsung laptops. He owns a macbook pro too so I guess samsung is pretty good.

Maddy_AzAd

Broken In
Hello Guys... I checked this laptop today in Dell exclusive showroom.. The build quality is little less or similar to that of inspiron 15r. So, all that new honeycomb design is a brain wash. The sales guy was pushing me to book this one as prices are going to be 5-6% more due to dollar gain.

Also I checked the price from dell employee quota and it is around 47.5K. I think it cannot be less than this under any offer.

Now again I am back to same confusion on which laptop to buy around 40K.
@All gurus: I want your opinion on getting HP laptop from US. Do you have any suggestion about the model around 700$?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hello Guys... I checked this laptop today in Dell exclusive showroom.. The build quality is little less or similar to that of inspiron 15r. So, all that new honeycomb design is a brain wash. The sales guy was pushing me to book this one as prices are going to be 5-6% more due to dollar gain.

Also I checked the price from dell employee quota and it is around 47.5K. I think it cannot be less than this under any offer.

Now again I am back to same confusion on which laptop to buy around 40K.
@All gurus: I want your opinion on getting HP laptop from US. Do you have any suggestion about the model around 700$?

For what model model you are talking about please explain with specs and 700$ is very low budget for a entertainment laptop that can run new games in medium or high settings.

The dell's still one heck of a deal !! 7730m is pretty close to gt650m.

offtopic:samsung is considered very reliable by the shops in my town. They have been recommending that to me for days. And my uncle abroad swears by samsung laptops. He owns a macbook pro too so I guess samsung is pretty good.

HD 7730 is not even better than GT 640M, GT 650M is far better than than both almost 25%

Alright, buy samsung laptop, be the first owner and do complete review and show-off in our TDF forum. :wink:

Maddy_AzAd

Broken In
I was looking for Asus K53SM-SX010D model in India which is around 40k, If I opt for buying in US a better config should be available in same range 40-45K(750$ approx) rite??

You can reply me in this thread as it is OT
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159511-laptop-price-below-40-45k.html

Top Bottom