Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Why would they even accept the order in first place and ask me to do the payment if they didnt have all the parts? Now i can do nothing but wait :(

ratul

█████████████████
All programs are present at the program uninstall list in control panel..Removing them will do the job no?:-?
and then may be writing a recovery disk??(i hav just heard of this! never done!!):|

@raj_5555
This is something worth the wait :twisted::razz:

congrats girish, finally your wait has ended..
And you can install windows from the disk dell provided, i also did the same as i had to do partitions too, and after format, no bloatwares were installed by the dvd, so chill and do a complete format once..
Removing items will still leave traces, (especially McAfee :-x), even if you remove it with revo uninstaller..
or if you wanna play safe, download the trial of win7HP, and activate it using the key provided.. :D
Win 7 HP Download.
And don't boot from usb, burn in disc only, i tried from usb, but win7SP1 does'nt have any USB 3.0 drivers, and this laptop has all 3.0, no 2.0.. :(
waise i have win7ultimate now... :p

:) Heyy, have u take a look on samsung series 5 550p laptop with 3rd gen core-i7 and GT 650M. It just costs 58k in nehru place.

hey, :-x that's the laptop i told about earlier in the forum ,the same one..
everyone who's complaining of pulling trigger early :p, should have been aware of it..

Last edited:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I dont htink it will be assembled outside india. They told me that their factory would recieve the parts on 8th July then they will begin the manufacturing.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
What they started assembling in India again!! :shock:

Hey all!!

I wanted to purchase a new 3rd generation core i5 laptop.I have been searching the net for quite some time.Saw this thread and can someone here tell me whether the graphics card in this laptop

(Dell New Inspiron 15R(Audi) 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ 1GB Graphics/ Win 7 HB Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook)

is amd radeon hd7730m?

They have written it as amd radeon only.So i was kind of confused as there is another model in the market with a lower gfx (hd7670) but with all the other configurations same.

Can someone please check and find it out for me?
Thanks in advance :)

This one is with HD 7670M. Overpriced in flipkart.
HD 7730M version is in Inspiron 15R special edition.

We need some kind of proof here for the pricing. You can't trust the word of a dealer. He may end up saying that it has i5 not i7 or some other ****.

Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN priced 61.4k in mumbai and this is the dealer information

josin

In the zone
I had already posted these details twice in here ,may b last or the page b4 that:p
anyway:
21st : ordered
26th:Got order no'
27th:work in progress
29th Manufacture Build Complete
30th:In Transit (till 2 day morning remained same)
now updated status as :
30th : Arrived in Main Hub
3rd :With Local Carrier
3rd :Delivered

LOL u got me..:mrgreen: I was Partitioning n all :D

Thnkz dude :razz:

Code:
I didnt buy my extra ram yet..need to go the shop may be 2morrow!!:-o
(just confirming :its 11-11-11-28 1.5V 1600Mhz DDR3 Ram)

congrats man. regarding the RAM i checked almost all the shops in ernakulam, but i didn't find a 1600Mhz DDR3. If u find one please tell me yaaar

pratyush997

Inactive
@girishpaiv Hi Bro make sure that you Register for Windows 8 Pro @700 Rs. @ This Link
and Backup ur Win 7 license !
Backup Windows 7 Activation License For Re-Activation Before Re-Installing Windows
How to Reinstall Windows Without Having to Reactivate - How-To Geek

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Here are my Lap picz:razz::-o :

Front : *farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7494850794_5ceea0d213_k.jpg

Down : *farm8.staticflickr.com/7251/7494857088_8162d3ca4f_k.jpg

Right Side : *farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7494858500_af4fbd1613_k.jpg

Left : *farm8.staticflickr.com/7265/7494859634_e2825f264b_k.jpg

Everything I Got: *farm9.staticflickr.com/8292/7494860490_4df9fd8b87_k.jpg

the 15.6"Screen : *farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7494861934_cb0a3efe23_k.jpg

Backlit Keynoard : *farm9.staticflickr.com/8149/7494905912_2cd8ad7323_k.jpg

The whole Delivery : *farm8.staticflickr.com/7117/7494889040_331ea1bf0c_k.jpg

The whole Delivery : *farm8.staticflickr.com/7110/7494850032_17065eebaa_k.jpg

Rubisti

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I am considering of buying the 15r se however I do have some questions about performance etc.. Seeing this is the only forum I found discussing the 15r se, I registered.

Will the 7730m fulfill my needs of playing the latest games (BF3, Skyrim, MP3) with decent settings? High settings are welcome but not necessary. No benchmarks have been publiced on the web jet.

If I configure with an msata 32gb will this ssd contain windows? Or just help my HDD doing every action a bit faster?

How do the speakers perform? Very good sound for a laptop or just plain good?

How long will the battery hold on one charge?

Is the laptop suited for carrying, as I will take it along to school and lan-parties?

Config:
-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
-15.6" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display
-8GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
-1TB 5400RPM SATA HDD + 32GB mSATA SSD w/Intel Smart Response
-2GB AMD Radeon HD 7730M

I live in Belgium and will be ordering from the Belgian Dell site, price will be around $1100.

Also, don't they offer the Full-HD screen in India?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and/or answer.

Greetz, Rubisti

abhishekcrzy

Can u help me decide between sony vaio SVE15118FNB and Inspiron 15r SE.
Specs as follows:

VAIO SVE15118FNB:

Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor 2.10 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz*1

4 GB (4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB*3)
1600 MT/s

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 64bit (English Version)

AMD Radeon™ HD 7650M 2 GB DDR3

15.5 (39.37 cms) wide (WXGA: 1366 x 768) TFT colour display (VAIO Display, LED backlight)

19.05 mm key pitch/1.7 mm keystroke, 103 keys, Backlit Keyboard
MRP Rs 57,990 /-*
(MRP inclusive of all taxes. Quoted MRP is for 1 unit of the product.)

Inspiron 15R SE:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM Processor (6MB cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC
4GB3 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC

with backlit keyboard..
Price - 57k.

I know that 7730m is better than 7650. But then to i think that vaio is more reliable than Inspiron series in dell. Because some of my friends have experienced some problem with Inspiron but I never heard any problems about vaio . Maybe the reason for overpricing of vaio laptops is quality.
Also the Samsung 550P is great but is it the time now that we buy Samsung laptops as they dont have much service centres across India

I want advice on what to buy. Thank you :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
First, welcome to our forum. Good to see foreign user in our thread. :razz:

1. HD 7730M is good enough to play all new games in medium or high settings. It is as good as nvidia GT 640M.
2. It's better to configure with a SSD.
3. Speakers are not just normal, it is made by skullcandy.
4. The battery lasts for 3-4hrs depending on your use.
5. This laptop weighs 2.7kgs so little bit heavy for a 15.6"
6. Full-HD version is not available to our India, but you should definitely customize with 1080p.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
@Rubisti
1.The graphics card is Sufficient for Gaming at 1366x768 or 1600x900 with High and Medium settings Resp. at above 30fps for games like bf3.But things will improve with drivers from AMd supporting 7000M series.Bf3 and mp3 benchmark is on the thread.
2.Dont know about the ssd as i have never came across one.
3.Speakers are very good for songs with more highs and mediums.Dont expect extraordinary sound from bass heavy songs.Overall 4/5
4.I got 2.5 hours with video streaming over WI-fi on balanced Mode with 4/6 display brightness and 3 hrs+ while watching a Movie with wi-fi card ON on same settings.
5.Decent for Carrying. Weighs 2.8 kg approx. Feels a little heavy in hands but shouldn't be a problem in a laptop bag.
No 1080p option for us Indians.
Source:Owner

Rubisti

Thank you for the answers and the loving welcome.

It comes automatically with an msata ssd 32gb up top on the HDD so I guess it works as kind of a cache? Meaning windows will be installed on the hdd?
I guess you saying they're made by Skullcandy that they sound superb?
Weight and battery use seem quite good so definitly a plus. Why didn't they put a Full-HD in the India-model, seems ridiculous seeing it's a performance laptop.

I will probably order mine this weekend and will keep you guys up-to-date.

Cheers.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
I was wondering about the Poor performing AMD Enduro Technology on my 15r SE.And found this
AMD’s graphics switching technology[Euduro] is almost abysmal. Poor detection rate, few configuration options, and noticeable performance losses are just a few of the annoying problems. Nvidia’s Optimus definitely deserves praise for its much friendlier interface and better functionality.
-Notebookcheck.net

Amd has now released the Catalyst 12.6 WHQL drivers but these does not support the 7000M cards.
Amd has also released the 12.7 beta with Official support for 7000M cards.. Hooah! \0/
Just waiting for the 12.7 WHQL drivers.. Sigh!!

AMD Catalyst ? 12.7 Beta Driver

AMD Publishes Catalyst 12.6 WHQL Driver

insaneniraj666

hey guys can u plz temme that "core i5, 500gb hdd, 4gb, 1gb am radeon, win 7" has waves maxx audio 3.0 or waves maxx audio 4.0 ??

terrafield

Broken In
For the past few days, I'm noticing lot of Inspiron 14R/15R recommendations for many 'Which Laptop' kind of queries

Does this mean Inspiron 14R/15R is the best laptop for now? when compared to any Sony, Lenovo, HP laptops in this price range

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Damn you dell... Just got a call from them and they said that my order is on hold cuz of parts shortage. They will get the new parts on 8th and then they will begin construction of my laptop. Absolutely ridiculous.

that sucks, btw which model did you order?

Top Bottom