Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
of course, mine bricked too earlier due to bad powerout from my inverter, and dell replaced it within 24hrs.. :thumbs:
my bad luck. it went kaput on friday. had to wait till monday for cc. went to service centre today, asked them to clean the cabin and some issue with eject button on optical drive along with adapter replacement. they said they may format the system if needed and so make a backup of necessary files before handling the system to them. will do a complete backup tomorrow and hand over the system to them on monday.

ratul

█████████████████
my bad luck. it went kaput on friday. had to wait till monday for cc. went to service centre today, asked them to clean the cabin and some issue with eject button on optical drive along with adapter replacement. they said they may format the system if needed and so make a backup of necessary files before handling the system to them. will do a complete backup tomorrow and hand over the system to them on monday.

you went to service center?? Dell provides on-site warranty.. :???:
premium no. is available 24x7 too.. :cool:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
you went to service center?? Dell provides on-site warranty.. :???:
premium no. is available 24x7 too.. :cool:

well.. i called them. i've said multiple issues with the system like heating, problem with optical drive etc. they asked me to find a working dell adapter nearby so they can send personnel after they troubleshoot the system online. but i couldn't find any adapter. then they advised to go to the service centre. it's nearby so not an issue for me.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
got back system from service centre. got a new adapter, heat sink replaced, battery replaced. AIDA64 says it's simplo battery. but wear level is at 3%. what does it stand for ?

edit: lol gpu temp max is 61c after 3 hrs continuos play with no max_fps limit. it used to cross 80c before if vsync is turned off.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
got back system from service centre. got a new adapter, heat sink replaced, battery replaced. AIDA64 says it's simplo battery. but wear level is at 3%. what does it stand for ?

edit: lol gpu temp max is 61c after 3 hrs continuos play with no max_fps limit. it used to cross 80c before if vsync is turned off.

congrats, do a calibration on battery and then see the wear level, mine went to 0% after calibration and still is 0%.. :D
i think heatsink is doing it's job, old one would have dried up it's thermal compound, guess now i also need to replace the heatsink.. :p (getting temps of 77-80c GPU and 80-85c CPU after 5-6hrs of GRID 2.)

hey guys!! if any one is playing Lara croft Tomb Raider lateston dell inspiron 14r/15r /17r ? My temperatures while playing fifa never crossed 65. But was amazed to c it touch 80 -83 (max ) while playing even on Lowest graphic details . Was wondering if this much is fine or a case to worry .. i know i have been in a pretty dusty environment and likely that dust might have accumulated but stil want to know whats the temp reaching while playing the game ? and what could be done to reduce temperatures significantly ? ( i read it in this forum that temperatures reduced by 2 degrees on cleaning it completely from inside ) any help much appreciated ! thanx ! :)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
hey guys!! if any one is playing Lara croft Tomb Raider lateston dell inspiron 14r/15r /17r ? My temperatures while playing fifa never crossed 65. But was amazed to c it touch 80 -83 (max ) while playing even on Lowest graphic details . Was wondering if this much is fine or a case to worry .. i know i have been in a pretty dusty environment and likely that dust might have accumulated but stil want to know whats the temp reaching while playing the game ? and what could be done to reduce temperatures significantly ? ( i read it in this forum that temperatures reduced by 2 degrees on cleaning it completely from inside ) any help much appreciated ! thanx ! :)

was vsync off? it maybe that your gpu is working as hard as possible to get you a max fps. try enabling vsync, fps gets locked to 60 and check the temps.

ratul

█████████████████

yup, try turning off the vsync (also see if TressFX is disabled), and yes cleaning laptop from inside does reduced temps for me, but i did it just for fun.. :p if laptop is under warranty, better make use of the warranty and you can RMA the heatsink if temps are still not reduced, even i am considering to atleast call them to change either heatsink or thermal compound, i bet in last one year, there would have been no thermal compound left there... :p

@Ratul : I was wondering what gud wud it do even if i get temperatiures down by mere 2 degrees ? ? Still it will b hovering around 78-80 . I Definitely will post the results of temperatures after setting the above mentioned Settings.

ratul

█████████████████
anyone with win8 experiencing unresponsive taskbar, i.e i am not able to click on anything on taskbar unless i press ctrl-alt-del and then escape it, it works fine for sometime then???
i am experiencing it since long time, but since the past week, problem has increased and now even youtube sometimes becomes like that, searched for it on google and most of the guys having problems due to their wireless mouse, as my mouse dongle is always plugged in one of the ports, does anyone else experiencing it??? :?

himanshubias

Broken In
here are my stats before and after changing the battery
and also after calibrating battery.pngbattery-before.pngcallib.png

its great :-D

ratul

█████████████████
^^happens sometimes to me. not severe though, seldom occurs.

it used to occur sometimes only, but from last one week, it's like twice or thrice in a day, restored the pc yesterday to an earlier state, it looks good now... :p

here are my stats before and after changing the battery
and also after calibrating View attachment 11128View attachment 11129View attachment 11130

its great :-D

it's good, but after charge, is your full charge is same as shown: 47860mWh or it's higher?? coz this indicates 0.3% wear level is still there as i am getting full 48000mWh charge, i.e 0% wear.. :)

Top Bottom