DELL 15R Turbo vs Sony S Series 15 Thread

sugs77

Broken In
Hello all,

Can you please provide your suggestions regarding the DELL 15R Turbo vs Sony S Series 15

I am Pondering between the Del 15R Turbo & the Sony.....Difficult decision for me .. Its a fight between better ASS & better look & feel....... I'm sure all the owners of DELL 15R Turbo will agree that it might be a strong performing & reliable laptop but when it comes to looks & weight, Sony S 15 blows the Dell out of water....

The main negatives of Dell Turbo are:-

1. Poor Battery (can happily assume that battery wont last for more than 1/1.5 years (stats show thatDell/HP provide one of the worst batteries in the industry & they are not gonna change that practice deliberately)

2. Fat & Bulky(heavy) Design (2.8 kg for a 15 incher is pretty heavy)

3. Discontinuation of the mSATA SSD in all the Indian models (deal breaker as SSD drastically improves boot/startup times).

Except the 3rd , Sony scores on the above 2 points....

The negatives of Sony being:-

1. ASS might not be good as DELL

2. More expensive for same config (but you get a better looking & much lighter system....nothing comes free)

Hello all,

Can you please provide your suggestions regarding the DELL 15R Turbo vs Sony S Series 15

I am Pondering between the Del 15R Turbo & the Sony.....Difficult decision for me .. Its a fight between better ASS & better look & feel....... I'm sure all the owners of DELL 15R Turbo will agree that it might be a strong performing & reliable laptop but when it comes to looks & weight, Sony S 15 blows the Dell out of water....

1. Poor Battery (can happily assume that battery wont last for more than 1/1.5 years (stats show thatDell/HP provide one of the worst batteries in the industry & they are not gonna change that practice deliberately)

3. Discontinuation of the mSATA SSD in all the Indian models (deal breaker as SSD drastically improves boot/startup times).

2. More expensive for same config (but you get a better looking & much lighter system....nothing comes free)

I agree with the your negatives points regarding the Dell laptops. They are quite bulky are a bit tough to carry from one place to other.
Sony, on the other hand, Is quite good looking but regardless of the Dell Laptops being heavy and having some problem, I would recommend you Dell only because of the features it has.

nandu26

In the zone
What about Lenovo. Digit collector edition has recommended Lenovo Z580 and Inspiron 14R (I heard it has heating issues).

OP
S

sugs77

Broken In
I agree with the your negatives points regarding the Dell laptops. They are quite bulky are a bit tough to carry from one place to other.
Sony, on the other hand, Is quite good looking but regardless of the Dell Laptops being heavy and having some problem, I would recommend you Dell only because of the features it has.

Thanks a lot Navpreet for your suggestion. I also think that I need to settle for DELL inspite of the above shortcomings...

To the laptop owners, Can you please comment on the windows boot & application(s) start-up time difference between an i5 8GB system and a i7 8 GB system. Is it too much or something that can be ignored?

Thanks a lot Navpreet for your suggestion. I also think that I need to settle for DELL inspite of the above shortcomings...

To the laptop owners, Can you please comment on the windows boot & application(s) start-up time difference between an i5 8GB system and a i7 8 GB system. Is it too much or something that can be ignored?

You are welcome...So you have finally decided to go for Dell or you are still looking for some other options as well?
I don't think i5 or i8 will make a much difference to your laptop, the end result would be dependent on your Hard drive only

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Hello all,

two other advantages of the Sony-
1. Full keypad with number pad
2. Hardware buttons for multimedia- i find them very useful

Top Bottom