Delhi mob attacks Africans, alleges they’d eaten a boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Delhi mob attacks Africans, alleges they’d eaten a boy - Times of India

NEW DELHI: In yet another shame for the capital, locals mobbed members of the African community living in a house in near Dwarka in southwest Delhi, on Thursday evening, following rumours that they had “kidnapped and eaten a boy”.
Two Tanzanian women and two Nigerian men were hounded, with the mob trying to drag them out of the house before they were rescued by the cops. In their statements, the women, Assifa and Riziki, claimed that a crowd of 200-250 people started slamming their doors around 7.30pm, asking them to release the boy they had “kidnapped”.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I would have believed if this were to happen in some remote part.. but no it's Delhi. Wtf man.
Why do African people even live there. How can people be so misguided and so ill informed.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you think those "religious holy men" were/still are able to have so many followers & wealth? There is no difference between remote parts & Delhi/Mumbai as far as such things are concerned.Only difference is whether the incidents are crude(like this) or sophisticated(like AC holy places).

icebags

Technomancer
I would have believed if this were to happen in some remote part.. but no it's Delhi. Wtf man.
Why do African people even live there. How can people be so misguided and so ill informed.

delhi mob is actually very famous for attacking africans and taking laws in their hands. they make these news in every couple of months or so.
and, why they are here ? same reason why indians are there in us, for study, and in search of bread and butter.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The same reason, Indians go to live in more developed countries. There are lot of Africans and Iranis in my city, they generally come here for better opportunities than their own countries.

lutenic

Broken In
3 people who started the rumor have been caught. It started as rumor and spread like wildfire which is common case in NCR.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
3 people who started the rumor have been caught. It started as rumor and spread like wildfire which is common case in NCR.
A man beaten to death due to a rumor. It sounds so archaic that it's more than just shameful. It truly brings out the value of a human life in our country. And wherever this lynching happens.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It's just keep getting better and better, eh. Also, it reflects very poor of us on international stage as everyone is aware of India now and India is said to a future super power. A common person from Europe or US thinks India is just another country where women safety is a joke and now add another this too, discrimination is so bad and people are so illiterate that they just beat people to death from other race. I have seen comments where people literally believe India is just a big village

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
We are near to 2020 and still people get influenced with such rumors.
Social media is both a boon and curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom