Delhi Hardware Vendor Feedback Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
Computer Empire is pretty decent if you don't have the time or inclination to look around and bargain . Get the price quotes from the shop and then go up and buy the part from their store above .
The shop is in the same row as SMC and Cost to cost , so 'time spent' shouldn't really be a concern .

P

priyadarshi

i prefer to buy from simple in nehru place. co-operative when selecting products and after sale service too. competitive price.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
raj.singla said:
Its worth 40000 bucks..
Thats way 2 many...HEY Vivek whats the config u r using right now?
My configs
ATHLON 64 3000+ (90nm, Venice, 939) on GIGABYTE K8N51PVMT-9 (GEFORCE 6150/NFORCE 430) with component out, 512MB x 2 Kingston value DDR400, Seagate sata 2 80gb x 2 in raid 0, Samsung pata 40gb, leadtek win fast TV 2000 xp global, SoundBlaster audigy value 2, Altec Lansing MX-5021 THX 2.1, Sony DVD rw, liteon combo, odyssey 500w psu ,intex spice cabby & monitor 19” lcd Samsung sync master 940BW,D-link 502T.

[FONT=&quot]Pentium 4 1.7 GHz( 180nm, Willamette,478 ) on microstar 845GE,128MB simmtronics DDR266 + 512MB transcend DDR400,WD 7200RPM 160GB PATA, compro video mate TV gold plus 2,soundblaster audigy value, creative inspire T6060 5.1 , Sony DVD rw, Sony cd rom, odyssey 500w psu, frontech1551 nimbus cabby & monitor 22” lcd DELL E228WFP[/FONT]

Last edited:
P

priyadarshi

The_Devil_Himself said:
^kab.hehehe.
Rashi peripherals
SMC
Computer EMpire

i found smc a bit expensive. computer empire is good but too much rush there. can u plz tell me the address for rashi peripherals?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
hash!! said:
i've been goin to this place called Mass Computers in manjusha since forever... rates are decent, tho i suggest you take quotations from a couple of other places before you go here...
but barring that, its service is great, and i manage to get whatever component i want, no matter how bad the availability is...
That's been the dealer of my choice too! Very supportive guy, and knowledgeable too, unlike the rest of NP dealers.

corb25

Right off the assembly line
I thnk mass computers in nehru place is the worst place to go . Not only are the 2 proprietors rude, they are expensive..charge extra for AMC and provide it as if they are doing a big favout to you..so if all of you want to keep your money and peace of mind ...DONT GO TO MASS COMPUTERS IN NEHRU PLACE

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi...

Am from New Delhi, so will mention my say on Nehru Place.

Is located at South Delhi. It is a straight drive from the Airport Road. GK, Malivya Nagar, Ashram, Panchsheel, CR Park, and Kalkaji are some colonies near Nehru Place. Nehru Place has around 5-6 entry points all from the main road.

Structure and design:
It is an old building structure. Probably set up in the late '70s or early '80s. Is extremelly poorly maintained. You can spit where ever you want, urinate behind buildings. It has a lot of multi storied buildings, which are offices for Multi Nationals and local business men. The ground floor and 1st floor primarily host the IT shops. There are also a lot of ware houses present here. These hold racks upon racks of CPUs, motherboards, PSU, and monitors. Believe me --- I have seen these warehouses. It would probably have approximate 400-500 distinct shops.

Other possibilities at Nehru Place:
1. Buy clothes. Shirts, trousers, jackets, and innerware.
2. Watch movies. Has two cinema halls. (Though Paras is currently shut).
3. Eat food. Has local joints and a Cafe Coffee Day.
4. Smoke.
5. Buy local street goods. Locks, combs, mirrors, toys, shoes.
6. ATMs and banks for money transactions.
7. Buy cigarettes or alcohol.
8. Refill printer ink cartridges.
9. Job hunt.
10. Pirated games and software.

Vendor Feedback:

The vendors at Nehru Place are really really bad. PERIOD
Someone above mentioned they are a** holes. I 101% agree with that
person. The reason I am saying this:

1. The vendors are extremelly rude and coarse.
2. They reply to questions as if we should pay them a fee.
3. Bad practices are rampant. No bills, cheating customers,
selling old products, lying to customers.
4. Packages are sold --> returned --> resealed --> sold.
5. At time vendors laugh at you. I remember a couple of shop keepers
laughing at me, when I asked for a fan controler. "Kiya room ka
phanka laganaa hain computer main bhiyaa" (You want to put a room
fan inside your cabinet).
6. Limited product line is available. Specially if searching for high
end equipment.
7. Refusal to use Credit Cards, cause a 2% tax will be levied.
8. Have no knowledge of what they are selling. They could good as be selling
vegetables.

I basically align the Nehru Place vendors in the same class as crooks, criminal,
and petty thieves. I have to do my shopping from there, since I have no other option.

Though the good shops are:

RR: Has a wide assortment of equipment.
Shop on right of RR: They have the creative audigy line of products.
SMC: Pretty good. Probably the only shop where I saw a X58 motherboard and a 4870x2.
Though be careful. The sardarji on the counter, quotes high prices with a sweet smile.

Many people ask "what is the best shop at Nehru Place". There can never be a best shop at Nehru Place. You have to search and do research to pick up equipment. It also depends what you are purchasing. My rule is:

1. If < RS. 100 go to nearest shop at Nehru Place, purchase and get out.
2. Else search at least 5 shops, and make the purchase.
3. If high end parts (CPU coolers, GPU, Power supply), compare to online rates and decide.

Some bad experiences I had:

1. Bought a Cool Viva Pro for my old 8500GT. The sealed box was missing some screws.
2. "Had to" buy Molex to 6 PIN PCI Express converters for a high price. Were not available with any other vendor.
3. Purchased 2 80MM cabinet fans. Failed after one week of operation.
4. Was made to "wait" for a computer part (went out had a cigarette, ate some food, drank cold drinks),came back and was told, the part is not available.

Many people here swear by Computer Empire and Mass Computers. These are shops for average parts. The walls have the rates tacked to them...! Good area to get a "ball park" idea of prices. Not a place where I would pick up stuff from.

Last but not the least...an image of Nehru Place. (This is during a light period). The first two floors are the major IT shops.

*img169.imageshack.us/img169/7336/800pxnehruplace.jpg

king_of all

Journeyman
as everyone over here is a fan of computer empire might i also suggest cost to cost, it also have cheap prices, 5-10 buck difference with the computer empire, but if a newbie goes there, they surely sold him the worst pc configuration and don't ask the vendor whether a product is good or not, cause they will always tell you the worst product which is in bulk to be good, and also they usually don't have the really good products :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
as everyone over here is a fan of computer empire might i also suggest cost to cost, it also have cheap prices, 5-10 buck difference with the computer empire, but if a newbie goes there, they surely sold him the worst pc configuration and don't ask the vendor whether a product is good or not, cause they will always tell you the worst product which is in bulk to be good, and also they usually don't have the really good products :)

Am not a fan of any shop at Nehru Place. :)

But I got to go there, since I am a hardware geek...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom