Decision between asus g56jr and y510p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
GTX 870m under 90-100K can be considered something of a miracle in India, and if MSI does this, well they are angels sent by God, but then again Y50 can cost anywhere near 80K to stay relevant in market(the only competition they are now getting is Asus, and that is actually sad, just two providers of budget gaming laptops). Lenovo takes advantage of it's market position by providing laptops according to it's whims and wishes and Asus is trying to make a position by offering decent prices, but failing at configurations(I remember they used to provide a 17.x" 3D laptop with 770M under 130K, but they never launched 780M). I mean consumers are always looser in India :/

No one fkin launched GTX 780m in India except Dell Alienware for 1,99,990.
Let's see what happens.
Asus G750JX with GTX 770m was priced at 1L 50k.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Let's see what happens.

aye....

- - - Updated - - -

GTX 870m under 90-100K can be considered something of a miracle in India, and if MSI does this, well they are angels sent by God, but then again Y50 can cost anywhere near 80K to stay relevant in market(the only competition they are now getting is Asus, and that is actually sad, just two providers of budget gaming laptops). Lenovo takes advantage of it's market position by providing laptops according to it's whims and wishes and Asus is trying to make a position by offering decent prices, but failing at configurations(I remember they used to provide a 17.x" 3D laptop with 770M under 130K, but they never launched 780M). I mean consumers are always looser in India :/

true..lenovo's being a b!ach :/
and asus..isn't failing at providing config..they're just maximizing their profits by clearing out older stocks of the GPU..

Let's see what happens.

I was getting it for 1.34 Lakhs(complete package, and I regret not buying it). I can buy Alienware 17 with GTX 880M, but the "flashiness" of Alienware is something I dislike. I like MSI,Asus and Clevo for making subtle gaming laptops.
Regardless lets see what owner have to say about his choice, after so much discussion.
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION], guess they are treating India as their stock clearance hub ?, Which again translates to fail.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I was getting it for 1.34 Lakhs(complete package, and I regret not buying it). I can buy Alienware 17 with GTX 880M, but the "flashiness" of Alienware is something I dislike. I like MSI,Asus and Clevo for making subtle gaming laptops.
Regardless lets see what owner have to say about his choice, after so much discussion.
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION], guess they are treating India as their stock clearance hub ?, Which again translates to fail.

It's better to buy a desktop instead of such laptops. I am going to college next year and I am waiting for the next iteration of the blade. :))

It's better to buy a desktop instead of such laptops. I am going to college next year and I am waiting for the next iteration of the blade. :))

A desktop won't help when you have to give presentations in real time, processing data, or even display processed data in a classroom or boardroom, and that is why I need a powerful laptop, as for now I am using a DV6 with 16 gigs of RAM and i7 2nd generation. It's been like two years in waiting for finding my perfect laptop(just completed my second year in university), collecting funds and all. Now even Macbook Pro seems a nice proposition, especially Mac OSX. Anyways as for the thread owner, I would advice him to act rather quickly, or he will be caught in never ending cycle of waiting.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
A 17" laptop is a very very very bad idea for a classroom or a boardroom. It will take up all the space leaving no space for books etc. It will be like hell to lug it around the campus. The battery will last 2-3 hours max. A 14" laptop is what one should look for this purpose. Just take a look at Razer Blade or Aorus X3. They perform better than 17" laptops in this country. :lol:

A 17" laptop is a very very very bad idea for a classroom or a boardroom. It will take up all the space leaving no space for books etc. It will be like hell to lug it around the campus. The battery will last 2-3 hours max. A 14" laptop is what one should look for this purpose. Just take a look at Razer Blade or Aorus X3. They perform better than 17" laptops in this country. :lol:

This thread is not meant for me(and I am allowed to buy laptop which is available in India, I cannot import anything from USA).
I wonder when will the thread owner reply.

Top Bottom