Decent Headphones: recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Yeah, I've broken my hundredth headphone and I'm sick and tired of the low music quality that most provide. Can you recommend a decent set of headphones(for my desktop)? Something that doesn't exceed Rs. 1000/- in expenditure.

Thanks.

kinjo

Right off the assembly line
try sony's fontopia range of earphones think it costs less than a grand...donno for ceratin though...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Get Altec Lansing AHP512i. They are easily available and you wont have to shell out anything more than 700 Rs. for it. They are sturdy enough and give decend sound quality.

Earphones along with desktops permanently? Earphones are primarily used for their portability in multimedia players. Headphones would always be better for heavy duty playback along with desktops.

Please be precise with your recommendations. Just recommending a brand who doesnt have much of a presence in local market would only make the buyer have second thoughts about his final decision.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
@satyamy & Sourabh: Thanks guys! I'll look into both of them.

Is it a fact or myth that having a volume control knob on the wire, connecting the headphones to the system, can be a major source of headphone problems? (irrespective of usage) For I've experienced the volume control knob malfunctioning whereby it fails to select the proper sound channels as it boosts the signal, thus rendering the headphone pretty much useless.

satyamy

Alive Again...
i have a Microsoft Keyboard which is 7years Old
it has 5-6 holes at the top (where there is light of Numlock)
from their u can speak & u can connect ur normal speaker from their u can hear sound
So this will become my Headset
ha ha ha
this is the long lasting headset i have ever seen
rest all of my headset doesnt lives for more than 12-15 months

soham

In the zone
Can anyone suggest me a pair of good headphones/earphones within 2.5k .They should have noise cancelling capabilities and should be comfortable.

nix

also, can anyone recommend good headphones w/a mic attached to it? or a separate mic will also do...

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
What it the budget? You can go for Altec Lansing headset. There are couple model available.
*alteclansing.com/index_intl_country.asp?region=asiapac&country_code=in

Headset product names start with AHS eg: AHS302i

OP
Apollo

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Further apprising:

Called Rashi Peripherals' Sales Dept. earlier today and the sales rep. there checked up on the price for Altec Lansing AHP512i and quoted it at Rs. 2500/-
Entry level headsets started from the Rs. 600/- price tag. (Prices in Mumbai)

soham said:
Can anyone suggest me a pair of good headphones/earphones within 2.5k .They should have noise cancelling capabilities and should be comfortable.
Maybe Altec Lansing AHP512i... ?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Guys, check for Altec Lansing inmotion 616 and 716 in-ear noise isolating earphones. If they come under 3000 bucks, get them. They are designed by Altec Lansing and etymotic and provide excellent audio quality and noise isolation.

nix

i think the altec lansing AHS322 is good if its popular in call centers. any idea how much it costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom