Deadly Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
I use win.. xp pro as it happens sometimes when I start my comp. when that xp boot screen comes then it starts loading after sometime when loading is complete a blue screen something written on it I can't read it, then after a second comp. restarts. after restarting I press enter on "start computer normally" then it starts normally.

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM :?:

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
I had the same problem too.It happens because Windows tries to use up more virtual memory than which is allocated to it.The only solution is to use service pack 2.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i tried downloadin XP's SP2.. but then in the microsoft site there was no option for it 2 b downloaded.. i have enabled auto update now.. so can anyone tell me the link to download service pack2 for XP pro.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
if u wanna read the error msg on BSOD . try going into xp safe mode . Right click on mycomputer>properties>advance>startup recovery> uncheck option "automatically reboot "
(above is for win2k , xp should be similar too ) . this way u can note the error and post it here or do a search to find out what causing it .

@bharat : get previous issues of chip / dig or pcq from friends or secondhand book shops . downloading might take a while

Tech&ME

Banned
you get a BSOD also when u have installed some software which is not completely compatible with XP, like for example some games that you might have installed previously which was not compatible with XP. since installing some softwares / games makes changes to some system files as well some times or adds file to the system32 folder and if they are not fully compatible (though u are able to run the software / games you installed successfully).

To permanently get rid of such BSOD, the better option is to identify the software / games which are creating such problems and uninstall them.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
BSOD's can have a infinite number of reasons for cropping up. Please note the error code that it generates for a more accurate and useful diagnosis. No one can fix a BSOD without the error code.

bharathbala2003 said:
so can anyone tell me the link to download service pack2 for XP pro.

Get the Service Pack 2 for Windows XP here.
Its for network admins and the actual SP2 is smaller if you download via Windows Update. Better yet, order the CD straight from Microsoft or find it on the Digit CD/DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom