date and time doesn't change even after removal of battery in k750i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I found a very interesting thing about k750i. I removed the the battery for some time and put it back. When I saw the time settings, it didn't change. How come? Generally one has to adjust the time after taking out the battery. Does the K750i have any cell other than that contained at it's back. Can anyone throw some light on this?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ All Sony phones don't loose the date and time for long duration even after removing the battery! I think they store battery charge in some capacitor to remember the time. All nokia phones probably don't do this, and hence loose charge immediately.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ i don't think so! i suppose the time and date are updated from the service providers servers automatically. i've seen this feature enabled by default in all SE phones. this is coz even if you remove the battery for a day the time/date is automatically updated. a capacitor, built into the cellphone, can't hold charge that long.

azzu

AJJU
"the time and date are updated from the service providers servers automatically
this feature enabled by default in all SE phones"
is there any way we can do it in NOKIa 's ??

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ No.. that's not how the sony phones pick up the time.. Im dead sure, as even after enabling it on a nokia phone, it does not pick up the time.

anispace

dattebayo
even some Nokia phones do that. for a few hours the cell phone stores some charge. This even worked on my N-Gage.

And that auto-update of date and time feature doesnt work in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom