Dataone Connection splitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Is there a connection splitter kinda available in the market, so I can spilt the Dataone connection between my laptop & PC through hardware means... Something like we split phone lines for an additional line...

I'm already using connection sharing, but this way both the systems need to be turned on to use internet on laptop..

prasad_den

Padawan
SmoothCriminal said:
Is there a connection splitter kinda available in the market, so I can spilt the Dataone connection between my laptop & PC through hardware means... Something like we split phone lines for an additional line...

I'm already using connection sharing, but this way both the systems need to be turned on to use internet on laptop..
Correct me if i'm wrong, but you want to use your BB on either laptop or PC with only one being switched on...?? Can't you just connect the modem to your lappy's ethernet card as and when you need to browse from the lappy.. make all the internet settings similar to your pc.. When you need to browse from PC, disconnect the modem and connect it to your PC's ethernet.. I think it'll work, and will be the simplest possible solution.. :)

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Thats an obvious solution.

But suppose, someone else is using my PC & me using laptop, both shd have connection right. Plus plugging, unplugging everytime isn't good.

prasad_den

Padawan
^^^ Okay.. :) Then check this out..
*www.broadbandforum.in/index.php?showtopic=1126&hl=#
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb006.html

I'm not sure if that's very helpful..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom