Dataone connection error in windows 7 64 bit

ayushman9

Journeyman
After i installed windows 7 things were fine but after 4 months (ie 1 week back ) a strange problem has surfaced

I login into dataone using pppoe mode .what happened that from a few days even though all the 4 leds (ie inet ,dsl ,wlan,pwr ) were on internet could not be accessed .In the bottom right corner in taskbar whwn clicked it showed network - no internet access with an exclamation sign

frustated i called bsnl ,they told everything was allright and also they caanot do anything as they are trained only in win xp .Smacking my head i decided that let me change the connection into bridging mode .

After changing into bridging mode ,when i made a new connection and tried to login ,it showed "connection to wan miniport " and error 651 - the modem or something is not connecting ...............

i switched off the modem and restared it .After a couple of retries it showed "verifying username & password " ,then error 691 - "username or pass wrong

I smacked my head again and again switched off-on the modem .This time it gave continues error 651 on retries.

Praying to god i restarted it again and this time it got connected though i saw a slight delay in connecting then it would usually take .Anyway i was finally online again.

This thing is being repeated again and again

1. PPPOE do not work though all 4 led's are on

2. In bridging mode ,it works but after several retries ,reboots (of modem ) with error 651 being prominent & then it would connect successfully but randomly .

So just tell me what exactly is wrong .My whole configuration has not changed in last 3 to 4 weeks .Mayle one or two times i had restored the pc from acronis image but even then this problem did not immediately resurfaced the. I don't think bsnl is wrong otherwise all the 4 led's cannot glow if any problem would occur ?

Please help .I have to literallly pray to god before i try logging

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Your modem is the guilty here. I had the same problem. Now I am using Automatic Dialer. Try borrowing your friend's modem and connecting. If the problem persists on your friends computer too. Then your line should be verified by a BSNL technician.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
i don't have any nearby friends ,but let me do one think .I will apply dor a new modem .It is free as i am in rent .Then let see

rosemurali

Right off the assembly line
iam also facing the same problem since one month, i can connect dataone with Xp , but not with windows 7 64 bit?. can any one find the cause?

sujeet2555

In the zone
why not use the modem inbuit dialer ??. i have configure my modem and put user name and password in modem.it is always on as bsnl says.switch on the modem and you are connected.
here you go Tips on Configuring (A)DSL Modems
i don't remember the actual site from where i configured my modem.it should also work with window 7.

one more link
*www.amitbhawani.com/blog/how-to-install-pppoe-bsnl-broadband-adsl-modem/

Top Bottom