Data One ! mystery????

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi guys i have a doubt .
could any one say what is the basic req for getting a data one connection
i aM living in tamilnadu.
some say that the land line i am havin is enough for getting data one connection since it is a ADSL technology.
some say i need B-Fone .....(could somebody say the difference between a B-Fone and landline ?)
some even say that even though you have a bfone the data one service is only for limited cities( i am living near a city and NOT in the city!!!)
i have tried contacting the bsnl customer care ... and as usual no ONE ATTENDS THE CALL...)

so could anyone help me out..!

thnkx..

urs siva[/color]

selva1966

Journeyman
BSNL Land line and B-Fone are one and same.

Yes. Now only selected cities are now being covered by Dataone. You should contact your telephone exchange or nearest customer care centre to know whether your locality is being served by Dataone or not.

BTW you have not mentioned your exact location.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thanks selva

but if it is possible to give the service via b-fone to a city why cant to a bearby village named mecheri near salem dt .?

i have tried to contact bsnl but in vain ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
naveen_reloaded said:
thanks selva

but if it is possible to give the service via b-fone to a city why cant to a bearby village named mecheri near salem dt .?

i have tried to contact bsnl but in vain ?

hmm this might help u...

BSNL said:
My friend has ADSL but BSNL in my city says I cannot !

These could be the reasons for this. Your distance from the nearest ADSL Central Office equipment (DSLAM) may be beyond the technically permissible limit. Visibly the distance of your house/business may look same to you as your friend’s but it is the actual cable length that counts. Once you apply for a DataOne broadband connection, your line will be tested and you will be informed whether you home/business is covered.
Other reason could be that your friend has a BSNL fixed line phone and you do not have it.

SourceBSNL FAQ Section

selva1966

Journeyman
Yes too many threads. But we are feeling first waves of real broadband. Of course I have not forgotten the 1 GB limit.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
selva1966 said:
Yes too many threads. But we are feeling first waves of real broadband. Of course I have not forgotten the 1 GB limit.

umm seems u dint use their service :D

harmads

Journeyman
Log on to <www.chennai.bsnl.co.in> and click on Broadband. There somewhere you will find the list of cities covered by Dataone.

It is true this technology is thru the phone line and with the help of a splitter the voice signal is separated from high frequency internet data signal... this is generated from the Tel Exchange and the process of updating the Exchanges is going on .... slowly !!

Hope this helps

B'rgds

anubhav_har

In the zone
Ya mods we can have a subforum on the BSNL Dataone connections... there are so many threads and users don't have to look through so many sections to find it... and it will also stop double posting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom