1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

data file in root

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Generic Superhero, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero New Member

There is a file called 'data' in the root of D drive (windows drive). size 5.22 KB. this file does not have any extension :shock: can i delete it?

2. even if they don't have extension they are used as something else if you don't know what your doing leave the file alone.

3. ilugd

ilugd Beware of the innocent

move it somewhere else

Maybe you could move it somewhere else and see if any program gets grumpy. Try keeping it out of D for a day or two while you use ALL your programs and then if no problems crop up, you may go ahead and delete it.

4. grinning_devil

grinning_devil New Member

tell me one thing Generic Superhero,what is the size of your hard disk? most probably atleast 40Gb?
    so i think u should let this small 5 kb file remain there!!!
    jokes apart,you can rename it or move it someplace else and check the stability..

:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.