Data cd`s read as audio cd`s

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack expert

In the zone
well nuthing serious but just out of curiosity some time`s certain data cd`s are read as audio cd`s an i get a track which opens in media player

can anybody explain

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
hack expert said:
well nuthing serious but just out of curiosity some time`s certain data cd`s are read as audio cd`s an i get a track which opens in media player

can anybody explain
Ah, u speak of the Mixed mode CD which is a cd that is written in this mode so that both audio (*.cda) and data (*.*) files co-exist on the same cd and in the same session.(i.e, not in multiple session)

I wondered the same thing when I bought th game "test drive 6" some 4 years(?) ago and played it on a hunch in my stereo player and it recognized and played some five songs. But one track was not playable and was too long to be a song. Ofcourse, this is the data track. Modern cd players will have logic to prevent the player from reading this track at all.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
No its not that.

Sometimes CDs written as (pure) Data CDs are recognized by some other Readers as Audio Cds, and show up several tracks. This has happened to me once or twice.

Any explanation ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Do the tracks play anything ?
I think windows just allots a particular piece of data record on the CD as tracks and shows it...

better disable the autoplay's function of automatically starting audio CDs and make it display the choice screen instead

expertno.1

Technomancer

can anybody explain

which cds u r talking about

OP
hack expert

hack expert

In the zone
well to elaborate here goes

my friend needed certain vice city mod`s ,extra vehicle`s and so he gave me his rewritable and i burned it as usual after a quick erase

but wen he ran it on his system it autoplays as a audio cd in windows media player
even if u open it directly only a track is visible

expertno.1

Technomancer
[/quote]may be the cd was not properly erased[/quote]
hmmm
that could be true

and one thing more

if u see tracks and get it in media player then might be the extensions of the file was not correctyl burnt during the burning porcess

many things could be reasoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom