DATA Card for Android tablet....?

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
Hi frnds..,

I want to buy a data card for my Android Tablet.....
Kindly suggest me a good one that works on it....

Thanks.

OP
Ashok Verma

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
you want to buy from open market or from any ISP?

Dear frnd, which wold be better. bundled or stand alone..

I'm going to use on bsnl network...

BSNL also offers data cards. with teracom and huwai make....

Should i go for them...

And i'm afraid that would work with my tablet or not....!!

:-D

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
there are two options - GSM (2G or 3G) and CDMA

in CDMA, you will get a datacard from the ISP that will not be having any sim card slot e.g. Tata Docomo Photon+, Reliance Netconnect, MTS Mblaze etc.

in GSM, you will get many players (in fact almost all the players in your city) and the datacard will have a sim card slot and will come with a sim card. usually it will be locked to that network but can easily be unlocked and can be used with any other sim.

if you go for a stand alone data card, you will get the second type (for GSM network) and you can use any company's sim in that. this way, you can check periodically and if you feel you might get a better deal, you can switch over to some other one.

if you want to use stand alone type, go for huawei data card only as they are good and work with almost all the tablets. still, it would be better to double check with your tablet model.

in case you want to go for GSM card, get a stand alone one unless you are getting a free datacard scheme from any MSP.

in case you want to go for CDMA card, go for MTS MBlaze (if that is available) else go for Photon+.

i have used both Photon+ and mblaze and both of them provide decent speeds.

Dear frnd, which wold be better. bundled or stand alone..

I'm going to use on bsnl network...

BSNL also offers data cards. with teracom and huwai make....

Should i go for them...

And i'm afraid that would work with my tablet or not....!!

:-D

OP
Ashok Verma

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
thanks frnd,

thanks for very useful info.
I am going to buy a gsm dongle.
i'm going to buy huawei data card.

which one is better. plz suggest?
Huawei E303c or Huawei E3121.

Whats the difference b/w 2?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
e3121 has 14.4 download speed plus soft wifi whereas e303c has 7.2mbps with cloud support. so obviously e3121 is better but it will be up to your requirement.

you can check huawei cards at Huawei Dongles | Compare 3G USB Data Card| Data Cards Features Comparison Sheet India

thanks frnd,

thanks for very useful info.
I am going to buy a gsm dongle.
i'm going to buy huawei data card.

which one is better. plz suggest?
Huawei E303c or Huawei E3121.

Whats the difference b/w 2?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have both HUAWEI E303c(UNLOCKED) and HUAWEI E173(UNLOCKED) USB 3G Data Cards/Dongles.

But HUAWEI E173 is supported by most of the budget based or mid-premium based Tablets.

Last edited:

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
I have an unlocked idea NetSetter which is Huawei E173 Du1. Bought for 1400 an year ago and works like charm on my and most tablets of my friends :cool:

Top Bottom