data cable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
i have recently got a new data cable but its not jus one of those dat connects one end to da pc and the other to da phone.its got a place where i connect my phones battery and one where i connect my phones simcard.after i connect it to ma pc the pc tells me dat i need the cd i got along wit it but i lost the cd and the computer needs the drivers,pls tell me how to use it and where i can download the drivers from.da prob is i cant post the pics of the data cable in this message i dunno how to?? :roll: :oops:

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
kk

i have a nokia 6260 data cable i dunno cuz its fake some cheap name.how do i post in pics in dis message so u can see it

KnightRider

Broken In
Get this done! eveything will be just successfull

Anyway! i dont know what cable you have got.. you need a DKU-2 Canle. i suppose you have got tat cable.. after connecting it to the pc you need to install the driver of dku 2 cable(which u have lost).
you can get the dku 2 driver from the following link:

*www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,48247,0...ID=1&productId=302&categoryId=18&languageId=1

remeber to install pc suite available at the following link.

*www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,72014,00.html

install the driver and then install the pcsuite6.6.
the connect the canle to the phone and try to detect the phonr from pcsuite. once detected you connection with phone will be done.

since u r using a 6260 then why did not u go for a blue tooth..???? that is better and fast and u can also surf internet through gprs if u get a bluetooth.

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
when will u understand

i have got a different data cable its different from the picture in the nokia site u gave me anyway ill still try downloading it kk :roll:

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
i cant upload the pic at image shack cuz i dunno the pic i s28 kb adn a jpeg image but still image shack doesnt aloow dat type.IS sucks!!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I understood what type of Data Cable u got.
Its like a case, in which the battery of cellphone is placed, then the data cable is inserted at the place of the battery.
I got one for my nokia 2100.
Mine was a serial and ii didnt required ne driver to be installed.
But I'm sure the driver on Nokia site will not work, because its for DKU-5 cable and ur data cable is different...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, the most commonly available data cable for monocoloured screen nokia phones. this type of cable is called as an f-bus cable and usually connects to the serial (com) port. you dont need drivers for f-bus cables. try oxygen phone manager and select f-bus from the connectivity page.

the cd probably contained the phone sync software and not drivers. try it and get back. if you haf full version of oxygen phone manager then its well and good. if not then download the demo version for just checking this thing out and get back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom