data backup from busy to tally

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatt

In the zone
friends i want to convert all my data from my busy software to tally 7.2 i don't know about it please help me here and also write about how can i import all data from tally 5.4 to tally 7.2 please write here its very urgent for me.thanks in advance.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
well, AFAIK there is no way to convert busy data for tally. I am saying this bcoz both software coded in different platform. New version of Busy are developed in Visual Basic 6.0 + ADODB connection with MS access database & anceint version were in C++.

Same thing again older version of tally were also developed in C++ but newer are unknown to me but I am sure it not developed in C++, .Net, or VB 6.0 it may in delphi or something like this.

So, forget about data conversion. It is impossible.

Other hand importing data from 5.4 to 7.2 just copy paste all contents of the data folder of 5.4 to tally 7.2 data folder. Tally will do all the required action, it will convert itself in it's compatiable database information. But remember don't overwrite any folder or file.

Before you do this back up all of your data, as many guys here have lost their data while upgrading Tally.

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
thanks a lot friend but some of my native friends confused me a lot they said that it is possible to convert all data from busy to tally.is it confirmed please tell me don't feel please i m still confused.thanks

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Look Here:

*au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080310010226AAaIS5C

you will get database error while operating on converted database. I know this problem becoz I am working on busy & tally since last 6 years.

@jatt
Please describe the version of busy.

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
i m using busy 2.6 actually i have problem in busy that i can't able to print anything on my canon printer its showing LPT1 port but not printing in busy but working well in all other application like word etc, thats why i want to change all my data from busy to tally.because printer is not working in busy.please give me solution for these problems.i will very thankful to you all

Manpreet_ind

Right off the assembly line
@jatt

as according to best of my knowledge, Advanta Witty is a popular accounting software. It has an option to import data from any version of tally.8)8)

see, if it is useful to you...

you can find this Business Accounting Software here: www.advantawitty.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom