DarkSiders II

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Press what then what???!!!
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/--b8E6_Dbkbo/UM86W9-UYfI/AAAAAAAAzsA/ehFgDebnlG0/s800/2012-12-03_00001.jpg

Archon,
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hkVIsWhOUGs/UM86ZTcJ0AI/AAAAAAAAzsQ/9bIPL8nqad4/s800/2012-12-03_00003.jpg

Jumping in joy,
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZM4VNSnc4kw/UM86aR7oEcI/AAAAAAAAzsY/6zbP3fl8yB0/s800/2012-12-03_00004.jpg

Bolt from the blue
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B3DWmgwMlgs/UM86b1NeDVI/AAAAAAAAzsg/x1AP3RuQasI/s800/2012-12-06_00001.jpg

The Scribe,
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/--46SlX-tIYo/UM86e2pjX0I/AAAAAAAAzsw/V-e-4XtNfC4/s800/2012-12-06_00003.jpg

Archon fight scene,
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-raZ85ApMZv8/UM86gMiXTaI/AAAAAAAAzs4/uCVfx9v9ys8/s800/2012-12-06_00004.jpg

Here I come,
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cJyJv9QF4x8/UM86hfttHeI/AAAAAAAAztE/4bVwx3IhE_Y/s800/2012-12-06_00005.jpg

Broke his heart, sorry :)
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pSBcxuqyJw0/UM86jjawzbI/AAAAAAAAztQ/qAcSHdpayNU/s800/2012-12-06_00007.jpg

This a**hole troubled me a lot.
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mbQ5z7kRgz8/UM86lCtclAI/AAAAAAAAztY/Hb0uF2AVaQM/s800/2012-12-06_00008.jpg

Let me show you a magic...
Now you see the head,
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iO7t622ywnk/UM86pNe3FII/AAAAAAAAztw/ytENMuDsocQ/s800/2012-12-17_00001.jpg

Now you don't,
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zWQU0RLn2fw/UM86qVOzGBI/AAAAAAAAzt4/DNvmIU2uyak/s800/2012-12-17_00002.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Started this game...
couldn't kill Gorewood as I m on level 4...
pls tell me the best weapons to use/buy & useless to sell.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hey guys...how did u got through Arbiter's Maze
there are 10 levels (with each level going tough)
and if u die in any u have to start all over again :(

suggestions?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No you don't have to startover.

When you die, you go back to the first chamber. Go to the secret book and access it again. It would show you your progress. Select the level you died and go to the portal. This time the portal would take you to that particular level.

b/w each level of Sould Arbiter's Maze has a loot (its the SECRET part)
Each level has two codes.
One leads you to next level another to the SECRET loot. Are you collecting the loots too?

I admit I cheated on the codes. Got 'em of from net but fought without help. one level one day :p

b/w playing the DLCs too.
Will post screenshots later.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

No you don't have to startover.

When you die, you go back to the first chamber. Go to the secret book and access it again. It would show you your progress. Select the level you died and go to the portal. This time the portal would take you to that particular level.

b/w each level of Sould Arbiter's Maze has a loot (its the SECRET part)
Each level has two codes.
One leads you to next level another to the SECRET loot. Are you collecting the loots too?

I admit I cheated on the codes. Got 'em of from net but fought without help. one level one day :p

b/w playing the DLCs too.
Will post screenshots later.
thanks for the info....I didn't read the book so thought that its all over again.

and yes I m getting the secret loots also...I have collected 16 scrolls (as there are 20).

and DLC is afterwards ;)

I m short of 4 BOD pages to complete chapter 4

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Finally completed (Excluding DLC)
overall rating: 7/10
graphics is ok (not so bad & good either specially textures)
sound is excellent (I really enjoyed the flute tune while roaming in forge lands...I guess I heard the same tune before (movie/game))
Boss fights are also awesome (plenty of boss fights).
Book of Dead Pages: 36/40 (so,I missed on tomb key)
Boatman's Coin: 97/100
GnoMad's Gnomes: 4/4 (very tough to spot)

Story is excellent & in relation with its previous part (I hope they release DS3 also in future)
Gameplay is fast paced (combos) & can be compared with other H&S games :)

Gameplay time is huge (far longer than part I)..I spent 40+ hours to complete.

Boss fights are not that tough...but two boss fights are really PITA which are Soul Arbiters and the Deposed King...
out of these the latter is bit easy but Soul Arbiter's fight is a headache (I guess u agree with me on it)
but to tell u the truth the Final Boss is damn easy (2mins to beat) & I used Gnomad Scythes (I liked the laugh of Gnomad's while striking.. :lol:)

All in all I really njoyed spending time on it!

good game & must play for H&S fans.

Update: The Veil is the most beautiful level in the whole game :wub:
I will start the two DLC's soon.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
There are three DLCs
Abyssal Forge
Argul's Tomb
and
Demon Lord Belial

b/w don't start the DLC right away. Play the game from first with existing powers, in first miniboss fight (Ice Giant) you'll get a new secondary weapon (hammer).

And, what level are you when you finished the game?

And what is your fav. weapon combo for bossfights (considering you change the combo b4 every bossfight)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Abyssal Forge is very short. You can skip it but Argul's tomb has pretty long missions and good boss fights. Demon Lord Belial is longer than Abyssal forge but shorter than Argul's tomb BUT contains more treasures.

Well, I liked this game very much and first time in my life I actually played DLCs of a game and bought upgrades. To me its good. If you like Darksiders title and its H&S style you could give a try to the DLCs.
Besides I'm intending to use the level 40 Talisman...I'm too curious to know what the fck does it do? I wasted too much gold earning it!

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah well I do like Hack-n-Slash games and I liked DS also although haven't played this game thoroughly yet. Played for half an hour and then left, will give it a try one more time. :)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

There are three DLCs
Abyssal Forge
Argul's Tomb
and
Demon Lord Belial

b/w don't start the DLC right away. Play the game from first with existing powers, in first miniboss fight (Ice Giant) you'll get a new secondary weapon (hammer).

And, what level are you when you finished the game?

And what is your fav. weapon combo for bossfights (considering you change the combo b4 every bossfight)
Level 21

which Ice giant??is it main game or DLC?

also are u asking about the combo given in inventory menu?

Are the DLCs worth playing ??

Absolutely yes....don't miss them

check this graphics comparison:
PS3 vs XBOX360

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMcnu8gmm3c

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Main game, not DLC.
Start from start again.
but now is New Game+

again I have to complete the Main game (full) :shock:

Weapon combo. When fighting which you choice of Primary weapon and secondary weapon?

Mine was ,
Primary> scythe: black demise
Secondary> claw: Achidna's Fangs
I also use Black Demise...but my fav is Gnomad Scythes
Secondary: Sceptor of Deposed King

u got all BOD pages?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
but now is New Game+[/qute]
Yes, New Game+ it is and you have to select that.

again I have to complete the Main game (full) :shock:
No, not the whole game!!!!
Only till you reach first minibossfight (Ice Giant). That is 5 mins from game start.

I also use Black Demise...but my fav is Gnomad Scythes
Secondary: Sceptor of Deposed King
I did not collect all Gnomad relics...initially I thought they are "EasterEggs" :p or bugs.....I did not know I can collect 'em :(
Thereafter, I could collect only 3.
So, don't know exactly which benefits it has...

But black demise and Achidna's fangs are good combo. Both of 'em collects life...so not much tention of life ending during fight until you stop hitting. And, the fangs generate wrath too.

b/w this one particularly you'll get only in "New Game+"
Absolution - Darksiders Wiki - Wrath of War, Weapons, Enemies, Collectibles, Abilities, and more!

And, this you get on that bossfight I mentioned.

b/w in DLCs you'll get some cool weapons....it'll be fun to play with 'em in "New Game+" :D

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^Ok...will do that.

I have backed up the save game file before entering well of souls (which is in mydocuments folder)
but when I replace the save game files I still see the newgame+ but was expecting the save point before well of souls?

b/w this one particularly you'll get only in "New Game+"
Absolution - Darksiders Wiki - Wrath of War, Weapons, Enemies, Collectibles, Abilities, and more!

And, this you get on that bossfight I mentioned.
but its written there that its by Vulgrim after killing absalom

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
IDK, how save game thing works for DarksidersII.

While fighting with Gorewood we both died at same time. I did not receive the sword/hammer or whatever the sh1t was and could not replay the quest.
The saving feature is not good. Every other game provides provision to SAVE in different slots, but not DS2. I really missed this option.

but its written there that its by Vulgrim after killing absalom
Did you get it?

No, it was not Absolution...I'm sorry. Its "Lifebane".
*darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Lifebane
The Dark Fortress: Recieved after you have defeated the Ice Giant in New Game +

Top Bottom