Dark Souls PC

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
which weapon to upgrade?

I've a longsword (upgraded to +3) and a broadsword (trying out for efficiency).
(also has Drake sword as second weapon)
I like the technique for both the swords. Shall I continue with these or other better weapons ahead which would be worth waiting for?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Drake sword loses effectiveness later in the game and it requires dragon scales to upgrade. Not worth upgrading.

I personally stick with the Claymore and upgrade it though you should upgrade whatever weapon you like. Keep an eye on the weapon scaling rating when upgrading.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Drake sword loses effectiveness later in the game and it requires dragon scales to upgrade. Not worth upgrading.

I personally stick with the Claymore and upgrade it though you should upgrade whatever weapon you like. Keep an eye on the weapon scaling rating when upgrading.
When do I get claymore?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's on the bridge where you encounter the red dragon. On one of the corpses. You can pick it up after the dragon leaves.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, if you had to choose only one weapon, that would be the Claymore. It's pretty versatile, you can do slashing attacks and it's heavy attack is a thrust attack.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It's on the bridge where you encounter the red dragon. On one of the corpses. You can pick it up after the dragon leaves.
FML, I'm past that level. Now in church. On the way to fight Gargoyle.
I did explore the corpses, can't recall if I found it.
Can I buy it later?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Then perhaps you already picked it up. Check your inventory.

If you haven't picked it up, this video shows where it is:

It's not too far from where you are, so you can grab it quickly.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Then perhaps you already picked it up. Check your inventory.

If you haven't picked it up, this video shows where it is:

<link removed>

It's not too far from where you are, so you can grab it quickly.
Checked, was not in my inventory.

Did a speed run and grabbed it.

b/w these are weighing 6Kg. With this my equipped load is almost 50% of total.
I'm wearing chain armor. Shall I wear some light weight armor?

How did you all manage weight? Endurance level is at 30 for me now.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can level endurance until you medium roll. You can also increase endurance by equipping Havel's ring and Ring of Favour and Protection.

Havel's ring you'll get by defeating Havel The Rock at the base of that tower at the bottom of Undead burg.

Ring of favour and protection you can get by killing Lautrec of Carim. If you release him from the Undead cathedral, he will go to firelink shrine and sit opposite to the firekeeper. Just kick him off the ledge, then quit out and return, you will get the ring. It gives health, stamina and endurance when equipped, but breaks if you remove it.

Using lighter armour is also a good option if you don't want to go through all of this.

What starting class did you choose?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You can level endurance until you medium roll. You can also increase endurance by equipping Havel's ring and Ring of Favour and Protection.

Havel's ring you'll get by defeating Havel The Rock at the base of that tower at the bottom of Undead burg.

Ring of favour and protection you can get by killing Lautrec of Carim. If you release him from the Undead cathedral, he will go to firelink shrine and sit opposite to the firekeeper. Just kick him off the ledge, then quit out and return, you will get the ring. It gives health, stamina and endurance when equipped, but breaks if you remove it.

Using lighter armour is also a good option if you don't want to go through all of this.

What starting class did you choose?
I started with Pyromancer.

And, unable to kill Havel. Spent like 2-3 weekends trying to beat him. Yet to master backstab, so, die and repeat and die and repeat!
:(

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I started with Pyromancer.

And, unable to kill Havel. Spent like 2-3 weekends trying to beat him. Yet to master backstab, so, die and repeat and die and repeat!
:(
He is easy to parry. Get a small shield for better parry window.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Getting behind him is hard because he's constantly turning to face you. You have to wait for him to attack, dodge it and then try to get behind him before he recovers. And he recovers pretty quick. That's why parrying is easier because his attack is slow.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Getting behind him is hard because he's constantly turning to face you. You have to wait for him to attack, dodge it and then try to get behind him before he recovers. And he recovers pretty quick. That's why parrying is easier because his attack is slow.
Ok, I'll try this.

Have died 100 times already. Another 100 is nothing!!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You will die more, don't worry
those 100 times, I've died in the hands of only Havel!

I'm not even counting rest.

Dark Souls is like "Edge of tomorrow".

Enemy kills you, rather getting hyper note down how and from where the attack came.
Rinse and repeat, next time remember the knowledge gathered last time and use against enemy.

Meditation for gamers!!!

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
*darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Have... the Rock Location,either key is still needed

-Strategies of killing havel the rock
(@Desmond David ,yeah, level of difficulty of a particular strategy will differ from person to person but according to the general consensus parring is still considered to be more difficult than backstabbing for this particular enemy.)

PS. I do not recommend rhitwick visit this site too often to make it a guide , its only reserved for those particularly hard bosses..............

PSS. I don't think defeating havel the rock would be your priority for now though, try to first reach the depths first , you will grow stronger
receive large ember
there............................

Last edited:
Top Bottom