Dark Souls PC

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Don't take the Life Ring as a starting gift. Also the pendant is literally useless.

Feel free to pick any class, but I suggest sticking to Warrior, Knight or Bandit if you are new. By end game the class won't really matter too much.

Always check corners when entering a new room, don't aggro too many enemies at once and try to save estus if you can.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
I would like to add that master key must not be chosen as a starting gift as by using it your progression would not be smooth and the game would become more harder than it already is ;)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fcking dying quickly. Sometimes feels like intentionally created this way to frustrate us.

Seems, need to relearn RPG approach for this.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
intentionally created this way to frustrate us
Obviously. The game is all about attrition, all the way to your goals. The invasion mechanic is basically just that, so that random people can invade your world and impede your progress. The real challenge is persevering despite all these obstacles.

You should watch this to get more insight into Dark Souls' game design:

Æsoteric Positron

I never meant to say dark souls is hard in the sense its unbeatable, really I find cuphead and celeste more hard. Here I wanted to say instead say playing it like that will make it sooo much harder than it really is.But dark souls really kills you if you play it the wrong way Eg. battling with the broken sword hilt or killing useful npcs.

Æsoteric Positron

Fcking dying quickly. Sometimes feels like intentionally created this way to frustrate us.
Remember if you struggle too hard watch some gameplay videos (I recommend epicnamebro),don't kill yourself trying to figure it out yourself,if you get stuck in a particular section ,remember you can always ask for a little guidance on here ,we all will be more than happy to help:).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Check this one out.

He glitches himself into Sen's fortress without opening the gate. So he can't go back, his only way out is to go ahead and get the Lord vessel so that he can warp out.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Playing this only in the weekends.
Sat and Sun that too mornings!

Probably I'll need 3-4 years to complete this if I maintain this speed.

After struggling 3 weeks I finally killed Taurus Demon today!
This game is frustrating.

And someone tell me weapons guide.

Requirements are with numbers but present are in A,B,C,D what does that mean?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok, I need help on "Backstabbing" in DS Remastered.

I'm using XBox controller. So what all button combos do I need?

Also, hoarding lot of things that are dropped from dead enemies. But, no merchant yet is having option to sell my excess items. What to do with those?
(I've bottomless box but makes no sense having this stockpile)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Playing this only in the weekends.
Sat and Sun that too mornings!

Probably I'll need 3-4 years to complete this if I maintain this speed.

After struggling 3 weeks I finally killed Taurus Demon today!
This game is frustrating.

And someone tell me weapons guide.

Took you 3 weeks to beat Taurus demon? Man, I wonder how long it will take you to beat the Capra demon.

Capra demon's bossfight is kind of bullshit because of the dogs.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ok, I need help on "Backstabbing" in DS Remastered.

I'm using XBox controller. So what all button combos do I need?

Also, hoarding lot of things that are dropped from dead enemies. But, no merchant yet is having option to sell my excess items. What to do with those?
(I've bottomless box but makes no sense having this stockpile)

You just attack an enemy from behind to backstab them. Just press normal attack behind the enemy, if you are in the right angle a backstab will occur. Note that some enemies cannot be backstabbed.

You cannot sell items in the game, at least not in the traditional sense. Later on an NPC will appear near Firelink shrine to whom you can "feed" items for souls. That way you can get rid of items you don't need and gain some souls for them. Though for items like broken swords or low level armour, I'd just drop it since it's not worth much.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That is not requirement, the A, B, C, D and S ranks are how well the weapon's damage scales with your stats. Higher the rank means more damage per stat for which it is rated. So, a weapon with S in dexterity will gain higher damage per point of dexterity than a weapon with say rating D. Similar for other stats.

Top Bottom