Cut mp4 , mkv

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
How to cut .mp4 / .mkv files without re-encoding ??
I mean the same exact Quality as b4 !

Paid/freeware :-D:-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use this - it's commercial app anyway ;-)
MKV Splitter

For a free alternative you can try this - but it might not cut/split mkv files ;-)
*www.freevideocutter.com/

gameranand

Living to Play
You can use Virtualdub but working on it is kinda complicated for newbie but has most features. And you should know that when you cut a video it gets encoded anyway so its the same deal. You can also use Format Factory for simple cutting and splitting. All the mentioned softwares are freewares. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
TheMost said:
Re-encode ... Can i save without re-encoding ( That is what i want )
That is simply impossible. Any software encodes any video file when you make changes. Here you are actually creating a whole new video and you expect to do that without encoding. No you can't. Just use Mediacoder as it will do this very fast because it uses Nvidia Cuda. :)

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
That is simply impossible. Any software encodes any video file when you make changes. Here you are actually creating a whole new video and you expect to do that without encoding. No you can't. Just use Mediacoder as it will do this very fast because it uses Nvidia Cuda. :)

No, I can't get u

WE have " Direct stream copy " with VdubMod and Avi trimmer rite ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Yup do that and see the file size. And also direct stream is nothing but encoding the file with same properties.

gameranand

Living to Play
TheMost said:
^?? What ?? I Don't get u ....
I Cut a song , I get around 60 MB
Yes it basically just re encode just that part of that video and thus you get the smaller size. There is nothing to be surprised of. Its that simple you see.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ anna , It hardly takes 5-10 secs and my eyes Don't notice ant Quality loss and technical properties seem same ....

The same way can i cut .mp4 / .mkv ??

gameranand

Living to Play
With Virtualdub yes with others mostly not. Virtualdub is best damn editing software I have seen. Although I don't do edits nowadays but there was time when I used to do that a lot and only used virtualdub. Also the reason behind this is your GTX 260 as virtualdub uses your GPU.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OP can also try AVIdemux, since I think it's one hell of a powerful tool to cut and merge videos of different formats.
I don't know if it uses your GFX like virtualdub, as described by gamernand, but I know this that you should give it a try.

It may seem a little overwhelming at first, but hell, some knowledge of basics of Videos properties is a must before using ANY video cutter/editor.

Top Bottom