customize your android-a complete tutorial

borax12

the dotmaster
hey people,today i decided to put forward to you people this short tutorial to customize your android phone in the best way possible

step 1. download a nice launcher that supports themes and transition effect(though i doubt that the free versions will have transition effects or not)

my favorite choices are launcher pro plus and adw ex-goto ipmart forums and search your choice there,dont email or pm me asking how to get these launchers

step 2. set up these launchers as per your liking ,like the number of homescreens and the appdrawer style

step 3. download the wallpapers reflecting you personal choice -

a)from- Android Wallpapers
b)from the zdnet app available from the android market

step 4. if you want something even fancy,use the multipicture live wallpaper(google multipicture live wallpaper.apk),it can be used to set every home screen with a different wallpaper and there can be some cool transition effects for the picture also

step 5.download and set up the widgets
my top widgets-
1) set cpu widget(comes with the set cpu application

2) reboot control(only if you have the phone rooted)

3) simi folders for interactive folders on your android desktop

4) asi widget(comes with the android system info app available form the market for free)

5) circle launcher (the best available app launcher for you android desktop and best of all its free)

6) beautiful widgets(google beautiful widgets ipmart forums for getting it for free,its a paid app,but probably the best app for weather and time and also the fact that it supports skins

7) android desktop clocks -there are a variety of clock available,you can have what suites your taste

8) oneseven pro(for displaying the days in a minimalistic format)(google ipmart forums one seven pro)

9) extended controls for the customization of the power control widget that is by default there with all android builds,its good to have all your buttons in handy

10)the facebook widget

11) the pulse news reader widget that comes with the free news reading app called pulse

12) audio manager widget(comes with the app called audio manager in android market for free)

13) use a battery widget(i use the the battstatt widget which gives the battery left in a minimalistic text format

step 6- use a custom lock screen like widget locker for changing the lockscreen,this app comes a a paid app....but google widget locker ipmart forums and voila you have it

So there you have it your android phone is all customized to the highest level,so enjoy the new android experience

to give you an idea,i have added all the screens as attachments

the same post in my blog-TechTurning: Customize your android-the best tutorial

Top Bottom