Customised WinXP CD using nLite dosen't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I used the latest version of nLite, integrated SP2 and RyanVM's hotfix pack 1.3.1. I didn't mess around with any other settings. I followed the instructions at MSFN.org to a tee. When I try to install from it, it says that some dll file is missing. If I install from the original CD, it works just fine. I have made custom XP CD's with older versions of nLite and RyanVM's hotfix pack. All of them worked fine.
Please help.

medigit

In the zone
well i have used latest Nlite and integrated sp1 + sp2 and other hotfixes but the problem is the CD doenot BOOT.The Win XP cd was bootable .Plz help.

theraven

Technomancer
u have to click on the make bootable iso thru nlite
or use ultraiso
see the problem is when u extract files from cd the bootable image isnt extracted
so u either ask nlite to make it for u ...
or use the bootable cd .. open it in ultraiso
extract its boot image
then create the new iso using ultraiso itself only and select "make bootable cd"
here it'll ask u for boot image so u select the one u extracted from the previous boot cd

medigit

In the zone
in the nlite there was a option to make the cd BOOTABLE .i checked it but still it isnt being bootalke

rajas700

Youngling
Try this

*www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=pebuilder313.exe

This section will help you create a basic BartPE CD quickly.

1. Download the latest self-installing package of PE Builder and install it.

2. Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). At the main PE Builder dialog, enter the source path to your original Windows XP/2003 Installation/Setup CD. You can use the "..." button to navigate. If your Windows XP is not integrated with service pack 1 or 2, you must slipstream your files first.

3. At the main PE Builder dialog, enable the "Create ISO image" and "Burn to CD" option. Select your CD writer device from the Device listbox.
If you use a CDRW media, also check the "Erase CDRW" option.

4. At the main PE Builder dialog, hit the "build" button (or press F7). PE Builder will now ask you to create a directory, answer with "yes".

5. The license for your Windows XP/2003 product is shown. Read it and agree to it to continue.

6. PE Builder will now start building BartPE. This will take a few minutes.
You will see a lot of files getting copied and/or decompressed, the ISO image build and the data recorded to your CD writer.
While burning to your CD writer you will not see any screen changes, just wait for it to finish...

7. When burned OK, boot from the CD!

what do u mean by it?It is just for explanition.Do as above.

Slipstream service pack
This dialog helps you slipstream your Microsoft Windows installation files with the latest service pack from Microsoft.

Enter the source (do not include the i386 directory)!
If your installation files are located on a CD or DVD make sure that you enable the "source is readonly" checkbox. This way all files are being copied to the location specified by "output" and that will be slipstreamed.

When service pack installation is running the pebuilder application does not respond! Just wait for the service pack update program to complete...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I simply select Make Bootable CD checkbox and then it automatically creates it.
And I hv created a bootable windows XP with SP2 ann all updates using nLite latest version 1.0.6
No prblem!

theraven

Technomancer
@rajas PE builder is NOT for making bootable cd's
its used as a bootable LIVE CD or rescue disk

WARNING: people DO NOT listen to that advice its not the same ...
BART's PE is completely different than a windows install CD

@medigit follow my second advice .. go through ultraISO .. tho im sure ur doing something wrong cuz ive made quite a few bootable cd's throught nLite

anyways since it isnt booting .. what seems to be the problem ?
have u enabled boot from cd in the bios ?
any error msgs ?

open the newly created ISO with ULTRAISO .. it'll show whether it is Bootable or no

if not follow the steps ive asked u to

Sourabh

Laptoping
@ drvarunmehta: Are you talking abt the initial part of XP setup where it copies files from the cd to your hdd. Does this dll file missing error is displayed there? If yes, then its quite normal, even in my slip streamed xp setup thru nlite with drivers and some hotfixes integrated, it prompts for some file missing. Just skip those files and continue with the setup. Give it a try.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Sourabh said:
@ drvarunmehta: Are you talking abt the initial part of XP setup where it copies files from the cd to your hdd. Does this dll file missing error is displayed there? If yes, then its quite normal, even in my slip streamed xp setup thru nlite with drivers and some hotfixes integrated, it prompts for some file missing. Just skip those files and continue with the setup. Give it a try.
Yes, this happens in the intial setup where files are copied from the CD to the HDD. I skipped the files but setup hangs after a while.

theraven

Technomancer
well make sure that file exists in ur i386 folder on ir winxp install cd
if not ..a sk here again and ill upload it for u
simply place it in the right directory and create another cd ...

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
@raven: Forget it. It's not worth the effort.

Is there any way to test a XP CD in a virtual environment without messing with my current installation?

theraven

Technomancer
its a simple thing to do boss
anyways download and install virtual pc or vmware
its a virtual pc environment and u can do all testing there

rajas

In the zone
drvarunmehta said:
Is there any way to test a XP CD in a virtual environment without messing with my current installation?

theraven said:
its a simple thing to do boss
anyways download and install virtual pc or vmware
its a virtual pc environment and u can do all testing there

U can try 290 different OS with VPC. nice 1...works gud.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Is ur file missing happens when files are being copied just note em down and press ESC to continue. Then after installation is complete if there is a problem then find this file and copy int into system or system32 directory of your windows installation. If no problem is there in Windows, leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom