Please show the settings screen.
Everything default
Settings.jpg

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi guys,

Received the hdd. When I boot the cpu the fans start spinning and the LED's are on but there is no beep sound, cant hear the hdd spinning either. The monitor goes to power saving mode after few minutes and nothing. Pfa, any help?

P.s. cleaned the system when I took the faulty hdd out, cleaned it with a balloon air blower, the one's used by hardware guys, did not take out the mobo just the ram and the gfx. Bad cable management, I know :(*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/2b9ca4fc360fc28a3fe0764fabb16d92.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/b0c9091d744137aec8bf689cecdb9c5c.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/0b6dfb582fd72091d27e9b93b72dd2da.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/d4012b6a9da348036dfa904fa0fa3ac2.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/212ef9b409e25fde940364cd0f5126eb.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/d24553c3fb4eb0a7267828ad5b5daaf4.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/d2ed8cb5ed4d439a0d9975046e7b030e.jpg

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Start with bare minimum components, disconnect HDD, DVD, USB , external fans etc, front Audio/USB etc
Reseat all components again, RAM GPU etc, try each and every RAM slot.
Replug all power and data cables firmly on applicable parts like mobo, GPU, HDD etc
For your board the recommended DIMM Slot for single stick of RAM is A2 but from your photo it seems you have inserted in A1. Check the boards manual available on Asus India site. This may not give optimum RAM performance and in worst case no POST.
If you have IPA Cleaner spray it directly on GPU and RAM slots to clean them off any dust. Dusting sometimes splashes dust from one place and it settles again on another part
For Beeps to be heard, generally a mobo speakar needs to be hooked to the motherboard and BIOS/UEFI might have an option to enable /disable beeps. Some board might have on board buzzer too.
Reset BIOS to defaults, there are two pins on board that must be shorted for 10 - 15 seconds to clear CMOS and set the lower defaults that can support booting
Try GPU in another PCIe 16 slot

If above does not help, then next would be to reseat CPU, try outside of the cabinet and so on.
Follow process of eliminating a part from the equation step by step

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sorry for the late reply, stuck in some personal issues. Relying on tapatalk, don't have the laptop with me either.
Disconnected hdd, no dvd etc in system but still no bios screen
About ram slot, it was plugged in the same slot for all these years but no issues. Changed it to the other slots but same result
No ipa, should I buy one?
I am talking about the boot beeps, or whatever they are called, that don't need any speaker.
How to reset bios to default? And how to clear cmos?
Trying the gpu in other slot would require it to be unscrewed and what not, will try it later.
What exactly is this button for?
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/1c2f3dd8718928b1b13cacbb68c83aca.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190524/7b9eef766c06c3b9e7f221c0d3b34ccf.jpg

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Not just HDD, disconnect front audio, front USB ports too. If you hook any pen drives to back ports remove them too.
At this juncture the most common troubleshooting step is to try to install RAM and GPU in another slots and keep on trying a few more times. Try RAM in all possible slots one by one. Try it again and again in Slot A2. A simple loose connection somewhere might prevent PC from POSTing.

Pl. read the manual here *dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Sock...E13723_PRIME_B350-PLUS_UM_V3_WEB_20171114.pdf

Refer Section 1.4 for optimum memory installation
Refer Section 1.2.1 sub item 14 to know how to reset CMOS and reset BIOS to defaults.

There does not seem to be any button on this board, if any would have been there, the manual would have specified so. It seems from the photo that it’s just a mounting post for the attached heat sink. Do you feel it as a button?
Recheck that all power plugs are firmly connected to CPU, GPU, Board etc

What PSU do you have? It might also be possible that it’s not supplying adequate power to the system.
However in my own observation no POSTing after some sort of maintenance may be just attributed to loose connections or slightly disturbed component installation at a preliminary level.

On this board Grey colored slots are the ones that are to be populated first (For optimum performance). Hence RAM slots A2 & B2 as well as the very first PCIex16 slot is colored Grey here!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Removing gfx card will not help in diagnosis as ryzen 1600 does not have integrated graphics & without display only thing to rely on is beep code which requires cabinet/mobo speaker.

@billubakra beep is generated by a a very small speaker(button size) which is either present in cabinet(which I don't think your cabinet has) or mobo(this also I am not sure) or you can buy one & attach it to the given pins/header present on mobo(I use this method).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for replying brother. Will disconnect everything. I did try the ram in all the slots but no results. Will try the gfx in another slot tonight. Hope that it works :(
Thanks for that pdf, will do exactly as mentioned
Yes I felt it as a button as it can be pressed ha ha
All power plugs are firmly connected, rather the main one from the psu to the mobo is so firm that it cannot be removed. I think only unscrewing will remove it. But since all the leds, cabinet+mobo fan is working so not gonna do that.
It's Antec VP550P. But all the led's/fans are working+everything was working great, I should have just taken the hdd out for the rma that cleaning ruined everything.
About your last line, the bold part, while cleaning I took out the ram and the gfx and then installed them in the same slots. Tried ram in every slot but nothing worked. Will try the gfx in some other slot and will get back. From the pics that I have posted are all the cables connected to the gfx correctly?

Not just HDD, disconnect front audio, front USB ports too. If you hook any pen drives to back ports remove them too.
At this juncture the most common troubleshooting step is to try to install RAM and GPU in another slots and keep on trying a few more times. Try RAM in all possible slots one by one. Try it again and again in Slot A2. A simple loose connection somewhere might prevent PC from POSTing.

Pl. read the manual here *dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Sock...E13723_PRIME_B350-PLUS_UM_V3_WEB_20171114.pdf

Refer Section 1.2.1 sub item 14 to know how to reset CMOS and reset BIOS to defaults.

There does not seem to be any button on this board, if any would have been there, the manual would have specified so. It seems from the photo that it’s just a mounting post for the attached heat sink. Do you feel it as a button?

What PSU do you have? It might also be possible that it’s not supplying adequate power to the system.
However in my own observation no POSTing after some sort of maintenance may be just attributed to loose connections or slightly disturbed component installation at a preliminary level.

On this board Grey colored slots are the ones that are to be populated first (For optimum performance). Hence RAM slots A2 & B2 as well as the very first PCIex16 slot is colored Grey here!

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
How many HDMI outs does your GPU has? I hope you are connecting thru HDMI. If more than one, did you try plugging it in another HDMI out?
If dusting has resulted into dust being displaced and again deposited elsewhere in the slots, (Especially if you don't have a powerful blower) then simple IPA cleaner spraying or cleaning the slots with soft light brush might also help.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
How many HDMI outs does your GPU has? I hope you are connecting thru HDMI. If more than one, did you try plugging it in another HDMI out?
If dusting has resulted into dust being displaced and again deposited elsewhere in the slots, (Especially if you don't have a powerful blower) then simple IPA cleaner spraying or cleaning the slots with soft light brush might also help.
It has two or three don't recall. Tried in all but same result. Are you referring to this-
*www.amazon.in/NIKS-Iso-Propyl-Alco...cleaner+spray&qid=1558790057&s=gateway&sr=8-6
Should I spray it directly on components where there is dust and no brush, blower can reach? Like the fan of the gpu?

Will let you know the outcome.
PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

SOLVED: No display, no post, no bios - Desktop PC

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes 99.9% IPA should be fine. You need to spray it on the PCIe slot and DIMM slots directly. The purpose is to ensure that the slot is free of dust and then all pins can make a firm contact with the inserted device like RAM or GPU. Also if you suspect dust deposition along any other part of the board you can spray it there too. After you spray, wait for a minute to allow it to evaporate and then insert the GPU or RAM.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

The RAM and gfx were already in that greyed slot, first changed ram to every slot nothing worked. Then changed gfx to second, black slot and altered ram slots but again nothing worked.
Coming to resetting cmos and bios I am not able to understand how to do it. PFA

Also if you check the other pics, my hdd's cable which is connected to the mobo is connected at number 6 spot. Is that fine in terms of performance?
@whitestar_999
Called a local shop as you suggested. They said full reassembly will be done by done along with cleaning and applying of thermal paste, charges 1500 including gst+I will have to leave the system there for 1 day. Is the ram looking fine?

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 2323.jpg
    2323.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 163
  • thumbnail.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 147

patkim

Cyborg Agent
SATA port should not matter, however depending on the chipset/CPU architecture certain SATA ports may share the bandwith with M.2 slot. So in that case manual specifies (if applicable) which SATA/PCIe ports get disabled if you install an M.2 device in the M.2 slot. However in your case from your pics it seems there's no M.2 device installed. However do refer the manual for any future expansions.

How to clear CMOS - Turn off the power. Remove power chord or put power button on back panel of PSU to OFF position. Press the Start button on front panel and keep it pressed for 15 seconds. Now using a metallic screwdriver short the Reset CMOS or Reset RTC pins for about 10 - 15 seconds. OR simply remove the CMOS battery for 5 - 10 minutes and reinsert. Now BIOS shall reset to lowest defaults.

However since basic troubleshooting has not helped and if you are not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, I suggest you take it to a local repair shop. The guy might have spare components to check or even test it outside of the cabinet etc.

It could be as simple as dust causing poor contacts to any failed components, or even corrupted BIOS.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ram looks fine but 1500+gst is a bit much just for reassembling.If planning on leaving the system there then either take out the hdd or remove any confidential info(bank account passwords in browsers etc) by using usb dock.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just a small speculation - (Well and good if it's not true) Before you take your system to a local shop, ask the guy if he has spare components to nail down if there's any faulty part. Ryzen is barely 2 years old and the local repair shops (that are on tight profit margins) might not have spare components unlike how they generally have it for older systems like AM3, DDR2, DDR3 etc. That might be the reason he is suggesting to reassemble the system. While that's a valid troubleshooting step, replacement testing could be next if first does not help. So get the understanding upfront to avoid additional charges.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
SATA port should not matter, however depending on the chipset/CPU architecture certain SATA ports may share the bandwith with M.2 slot. So in that case manual specifies (if applicable) which SATA/PCIe ports get disabled if you install an M.2 device in the M.2 slot. However in your case from your pics it seems there's no M.2 device installed. However do refer the manual for any future expansions.

How to clear CMOS - Turn off the power. Remove power chord or put power button on back panel of PSU to OFF position. Press the Start button on front panel and keep it pressed for 15 seconds. Now using a metallic screwdriver short the Reset CMOS or Reset RTC pins for about 10 - 15 seconds. OR simply remove the CMOS battery for 5 - 10 minutes and reinsert. Now BIOS shall reset to lowest defaults.

However since basic troubleshooting has not helped and if you are not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, I suggest you take it to a local repair shop. The guy might have spare components to check or even test it outside of the cabinet etc.

It could be as simple as dust causing poor contacts to any failed components, or even corrupted BIOS.

About clearing cmos I was looking for a jumper to take out and then reinserting the same. Can you highlight which pins to short?

Gou has only 1 hdmi output

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-162703.jpg
    Screenshot_20190528-162703.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 162

patkim

Cyborg Agent
There are 2 pins named CLRTC just to the right of the Front Audio connector (as per the manual's block diagram). There's no jumper here. If you have a spare jumper, you can insert it in those 2 pins, wait for 10 seconds and remove the jumper. If you don't have a jumper just using a metallic screwdrivers short the two pins for 10 seconds. That's it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
System's up. Thanks to all especially patkim and whitestar. I will post what was the issue once the system is completely running. Stuck in the partition phase. My previous hdd had 1.3 tb in d and the rest in c. But this drive can only allocate 930.68 gb to d. The options greys out if I enter a higher number. If I try to create a drive e after creating d it says o mb can be shrunk now.

Pfa. Posting from phone so here's another screenshot, not able to upload it due to sizing issues
*oi64.tinypic.com/8y5pae.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-153447.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-153447.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_20190530-152738.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-152738.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 162
Top Bottom