CTFMON.EXE KILLING ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
i dont know how to get rid of that file ctfmon.exe from the time i have office xp installed i get that stupid file im my task manager and it is eating 3-4 mb of my ram

i have tried renaming the file and also unchecked the startup from the msonfig but this file is not going helppppp!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

phatratt

In the zone
ctfmon.exe is installed when you install office XP.to remove it from msconfig you need to delete the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>software>Microsoft>sharedtools>MSconfig>Startupreg>ctfmon.exe
Just delete the key.

P.S:Always try to backup before modifying the registries.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I believe ctfmon will come back even if you remove it from startup... To properly remove it, you should see *support.microsoft.com/kb/q282599/#XSLTH3124121122120121120120 for details wherein you have to uninstall Alternative User Input, then remove it from Text Services, and then uninstall a couple of dlls.

Arun

mediator

Technomancer
Hey thats a problem that nearly killed me! So I switched back to Office 2000 premium. I dont like Office Xp bcoz
1. ctfmon.exe problem
2. Whenever u go for cliparts it starts searching the hardisk for images....

So I reverted back to office 2000 as it starts faster also and not much difference between 2000 and XP!

anandk

Distinguished Member
ctfmon.exe if situated in c/windows/system32 folder, is the legitimate microsoft office file; else a virus.

i had removed it from my startup using 'winpatrol'. try it.

ps : also click *support.microsoft.com/kb/q282599/

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can try following:

Goto Add/Remove Programs list and click on Microsoft Office XP Professional with front page (or something like that), then click on Change button and select Add/Remove Features then Next and then expand Office Shared Features and click on Alternative User Input and select Not Available and finally click on Update.

It'll permanently remove that ctfmon.exe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom